TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I'm going to be at Kings Dominion this Sunday for the first time ever and am looking for some advice on a game plan to get everything in credit wise. From the most recent discussion it seems Sunday was the right choice for the park and that makes me happy as I'm really hoping to be able to get as many rides in as possible and have time for rerides on I305 and others. Is it realistic to expect to be able to ride all the coasters (minus Taxi Jam) at least once on a Sunday? I have no idea when the next time I'd have the opportunity to travel to Virginia would be so I would like to get the most out of my first visit to the park. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

^That's great to hear. And I'm hoping to get to ride Dominator a few times at least. It was my favorite ride at Geauga Lake and getting to ride it again will be nice. We're probably going to hit the water park in the middle of the day (hooray for 100+ degree temperatures) so I'm thinking that the best idea would be to hit the most popular rides in the morning before the water park, then finish up the rest of the park after the water park and then hopefully have time for rerides and night rides on I305

You should definitely do Volcano as soon as the park opens to avoid long lines and the chance of it breaking down. After that, be sure to hit up Flight of Fear, ever since 305 was built it has become much more popular causing long lines throughout parts of the day and once you get off that head over to 305. From there, you shouldn't have to worry about lines too much as most the coasters lines shouldn't be bad at all. I might would also recommend riding Shockwave fairly early to avoid a long wait due to the fact it is a standup and the GP takes forever to get strapped in on that ride. Like braztaz said, hit up Dominator in the afternoon when it has no line...

Edited by Intimidator305

Thanks for the advice, this is exactly the type of information I was looking for. Here's hoping this weekend will go as planned, I will survive the insane heat, and come back home with 12 new credits from Kings Dominion and 5 from Busch Gardens

Happiness is... Finding A Cure For Breast Cancer!

Kings Dominion, Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the Central Virginia affiliate of Susan G. Komen are teaming up to raise money for breast cancer awareness.

Now thru August 22, Kings Dominion guests can support the fight against breast cancer or honor someone that has been affected by the disease.

Happiness is... Winning A Car!

Purchase a little pink Snoopy online now or at the park. Snoopys are just $5 for one or $20 for five. All net proceeds from the Snoopy sales go to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

All Snoopys will be tossed into the International Street Fountain at Kings Dominion. Buy a Snoopy online and we'll toss it in for you. Buy your Snoopy at the park and you can "Splash Your Snoopy" into the fountains yourself!

On August 22nd one lucky Snoopy will be selected randomly and the owner of that Snoopy will become the owner of a new Honda Civic compliments of Pohanka Honda of Fredericksburg!

Happiness is... Getting a Great Deal!

Visit Kings Dominion during our Pink Days, July 25 - August 22, 2011, for JUST $38.99 by purchasing tickets online. Buy now and SAVE $20 off the regular price at the park. Plus $1.00 from every ticket sold will go to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

Enjoy all Kings Dominion has to offer with more than 75 great rides and slides, two giant wave pools, Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular, daily through August 14th and support a wonderful cause. You will make an impact and you might win a new car.

http://happiness.kingsdominion.com/

KDbcLOGO.gif.321f4d441a4c93923fb78d103b72504a.gif

While it looks like it might be a possibility for Carowinds based on the marker with "Huss GF" written on it (even though that even seems suspicious), I am reluctant to think that Cedar Fair would pull a "Windseeker" and put these in some of their parks next year.

Don't get me wrong, the Huss giant frisbees are my all time #1 flat, but their reputation for having a lot of major down time leads me to wonder if CF would be willing to invest the money to add them to a bunch of their parks.

But then again, I guess Huss frisbees would be more reliable than their topple towers.

1657603715_Western_Adventure_2011067.jpg.9fc6b60cf38926455fa7fad9dda0d817.jpg

Epic fail.

^I'm thinking a Huss Giant Frisbee, since Carowinds is getting one next year. (At least, should be)

So that's why the carowinds thread has come out of hibernation? I hope we get a regular frisbee & not a giant as I HATE their restraints which is why I won't ride Crypt anymore...of course a windseeker on the spot where hypersonic was would be good too & would creat a tower triangle of sorts with DT to the east,WS to the west & ET to the center north.

Plus adding WIndseeker would tie KD the 'record of most attractions over 300 ft in one park' (I305, ET, DT, WS) with CP. (MF, TTD, SS, WS)

Wouldn't Power Tower technically count, since the structure itself is 300ft?

Look at the guys profile, he is a teen that doesn't know anything about the park's future plans... he says it's "obvious" and I'm guessing he is talking about how 4 other CF parks installed Windseekers this year so he thinks KD will do the same...

And don't get your hopes up for KD saying "soon!" considering they have been saying that their new website has been coming "soon!" since May and it still isn't up yet...

If Kings Dominion got a Windseeker or a Giant frisbee, it would be awesome, but keep in mind that Kings Dominion got a 25 million dollar roller coaster last year. Yea, sure it'd be great to get a Windseeker in 2012, don't get me wrong I am hoping for one too but I'm not getting my hopes too high for another "huge" invesment next year. Maybe a Windseeker in 2013, or 2014.

A Huss Giant Frisbee costs between $4.5 - $6 million dollars to install, depending on how much work has to be done to the area the ride will be installed at.

I'd say that's a pretty significant investment.

I think if we do get either a Windseeker or a Huss Giant Frisbee, I think it would be built either in Old Virginia near the Kings Dominion Theater, or where Hypersonic XLC was. If it was in the old XLC spot, I dont think there would be much land clearing or anything except maybe tearing up the asphalt and concrete. If it were put in Old Virginia I think it would cost alot, since there are alot of trees to tear down over in that area. So I think it would be better financially for Kings Dominion to put the new (If we do get one) ride over in XLC's old spot