TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review in JAPAN! 2011

On another note did you guys go to Tokyo Disneyland / DisneySea the days right before Fuji-Q? How many days were you guys at Tokyo Disney? Any pictures of the TPR group at Disney to put on here or were you guys too busy having fun I know you guys are very busy - I was just wondering

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On another note did you guys go to Tokyo Disneyland / DisneySea the days right before Fuji-Q? How many days were you guys at Tokyo Disney? Any pictures of the TPR group at Disney to put on here or were you guys too busy having fun I know you guys are very busy - I was just wondering

There are photos of Tokyo Disneyland at the beginning of this thread and yes they were at the Disney Resort for 3/4 days before Fuji Q,

Just be patient for the rest of the photos. They will come.

There are photos of Tokyo Disneyland at the beginning of this thread and yes they were at the Disney Resort for 3/4 days before Fuji Q,

Just be patient for the rest of the photos. They will come.

I saw the Tokyo Disneyland ones from the very beginning (wasn't that the pre-trip?) and was just wondering why they jumped from Nagashima Spa Land to Fuji Q but I think you answered my question. I get it that they must have taken a ton more at Disney and it was easier to put up the Fuji Q report first (I did see the POVs of Journey to the Center of the Earth and Fantasmic) and that they are very busy everyday on their trip and I will be patient.

On another note, Ernie are you on the trip with them?

If there was another earthquake, no one here seemed to be affected by it. Remember, there are earthquakes in Japan ALL THE TIME. The only reason why you're even hearing about these quakes now is because the news media thinks it will get them ratings. In just about every trip we've taken to Japan we have experienced a 5.0 quake or bigger.

As for the question about Disney photos, yes we were there for four days, and we posted a bunch of videos to our YouTube page. (link below). We'll post the photos at the end of this update since we are going back next week.

I guess earthquakes are so commonplace that the buildings must be retrofitted very well there. Saying "there's an earthquake somewhere in Japan did you feel it" would be like saying "there was an earthquake in Parkfield, did you feel it in San Diego". Wow 4 days at Tokyo Disney and you guys are going back at the end of the trip . Sign me up for the next TPR Japan trip (probably 3-4 yrs from now). Looking forward to those pics at the end. How many more days do you have in Japan btw?

Today was Yomiuriland and the "Tokyo Teleport" area. Yomiuriland is probably the best of the "Tokyo Area" parks in terms of overall rides and attractions. The have one really good coaster (Bandit), one wooden coaster with the most padding you'll ever see, and probably the smoothest Togo Coaster in the world (Standing & Loop), which not only is smooth, but weird as the coaster has one sitting train and one standing train. The park also has a number of haunted walk-throughs, a dark ride, and a few flats. It's a great place to spend a few hours.

We then moved on to Tokyo Teleport, which is a huge entertainment/attractions/shopping/amusement area in Tokyo. Here you'll find the "Disney Quest-like" Joypolis along with tons of arcades, bizarre Japanese stuff, and tons of fun things to do.

Onto photos & some video...

Today TPR visits Yomiuriland...and they always have the best adverts for their water park!

Yomiuriland is built in a valley between two hills, and you need to take the gondola ride to get to the park.

No matter how many times we post this sign, it's always funny!

The gondola provides some pretty awesome views of the park!

Bandit is still one of the better coasters in Japan.

Check out some AWESOME 1080p HD Video of Bandit!

TPR is ready to ride!

No caption is even necessary!

Land Dog shows us the proper way to ride!

Next up is White Canyon with it's new for 2011 "extra padding!"

Here is a complete POV of White Canyon including Rider Cam. Be sure to watch the Rider Cam at the end, and you'll see exactly why the extra padding is needed!

"With the new bonus padding, I know my body will cone back in one piece!"

The bonus padding won't help Colin much, though!

And for the super frail riders, there is even MORE bonus extra padding!

Next up was ERT on the "Standing and loop" coaster...which has one stand up and one sit down train!

Here is some POV of Standing & Loop coaster!

Yes! A ride on Land Dog!

Not only is it a Land Dog house, but it's also a tissue box holder!

Grown men acting like children...this is what TPR trips are all about!

Standing and loop coaster could actually be the smoothest Togo ever made!

One standing train, one sitting train... On a Mr. Freeze style loading station. You choose the side you want and the train slides over too you!

Hey Larry! It's nice to see you here at Yomiuriland...glad you could join us!

Which is cuter? Stefan or Land Dog? To answer... EMAIL DAN!!! mrt0ad13@aol.com

"Do you like my long Stitch?"

"Do you like my long Stitch?"

Honestly, White Canyon didn't kill us this time around!

Hooray! Gay pride bridge!

Land Dog is everywhere in the park!

SL Coaster is down for the count.

This sign translates into "this coaster closed forever on May 8th..."

I love Bandit, but I'd like it even more if I could be blasted with water on it!

Land Dog pooping footprints?

In just two more weeks "Splash Bandit" starts back up again for the summer season.

KidTums playing this awesome "fish out as much as you can until your net breaks" game.

Edible Land Dog! Yum!

TPR on the escalator ride.

TPR had a great day at Yomiuriland! Thank you for the ERT on the three coasters, and for having a great little Tokyo area park!

It was hot. REALLY HOT!

So they gave us all fans for the gondola ride down!

More awesome instructions.

Poor Land Dog!

TPR travels in style to our next location... Tokyo Teleport!

DOMO SIGHTING!!!

Does anyone know what is unique about this train? If you do... EMAIL DAN! mrt0ad13@aol.com

What Coaster Expedition DVD was TPDave's T-Shirt featured in? If you know, EMAIL DAN! mrt0ad13@aol.com

Probably the coolest looking building in Japan!

TPR will be spending the next few hours in Tokyo Teleport and Joypolis. This area is a huge amusement and shopping area. Tons of arcades, amusement areas, shopping and restaurants. It's really awesome!

Spin Bullet is the worst ride here... Get your credit and move on to the other really cool attractions at Joypolis.

Wait, this pretty much means NOBODY from TPR can ride Spin Bullet!

"Hello, I'm the ride that will be trying to kill you today!"

Yes, it's kind of like a torture machine.

The closest thing you could compare Joypolis to would be something like DisneyQuest... But it's so much more involved and immersive.

Oooh! Sonic 3D movie!

They take their driving games seriously here at Joypolis!

Even you could win a Sonic 20th Anniversary figure!

4 Player PAC-MAN machine!

Even KidTums found some cool games to play!

KidTums is driving the TPR bus!

HANNO!!! Do not eat Stitch! He is not blueberry ice cream!

I won a bear thing!

One of many things the Japanese do OMFG so good is crepes!

I'd like some "rare cheese" on my crepe, please...

...and hold the "wieners."

Yes, this is a pogo sticking game!

Big Mike! I expect you to win the Halfpipe Canyon game!

Well, they came in third place...

I'm not even sure what this is, but it looks really cool!

Joypolis has lots of "simulator" and interactive games. House of the Dead was pretty decent...

Yes, this is a "running simulator" game!

Here you can drive a Hummer.

Lots of Taiko no Tatsujin games!

Hello little TPR smiley guys! We love you!

This "lego" game was amazing! You built up the blocks and the characters on screen reacted to the stacks of blocks "Lemmings Style!"

It's totally a "balance" claw machine!

Tons of pachinko...

...lots of Japanese slot machines.

Wild Wings was another interactive ride/game...

And Wild Jungle was a 4D type attraction.

Let's check out the "Sonic Museum..."

Everyone remembers Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Sonic 1.

Then there was Sonic 2...

And eventually Sonic 3...

The Dreamcast version of Sonic...

And even the Sonic Pachinko machine!

In the cabinets were years of Sega and Sonic history.

Remember some of these machines?

How many of you actually had the entire Sega Genesis/Sega CD/32X combo?

Prison Break was exactly as it sounded...you were in prison, with some dude yelling at you, and you had to break out of jail! I did great at this game!

KidTums and Elissa played this "coin pusher" game which was fully interactive with loads of "mini games", it was more like a really complex pinball machine.

Yes, you are seeing that correctly...it's an Ice Cream Claw Machine!

The Tokyo Decks area had some pretty "interesting" shops - Condomania, which we visited in 2004, was still here...

And it was full of strange items...

This was hilarious!

NOTED!!!

Just outside the Tokyo Decks area is the Tokyo "Rainbow Bridge."

Exploring some more we found some crazy indoor shopping areas.

We found what looked like a Japanese retro arcade with tons of old school pinball machines...

Retro pachinko machines...

and old video games!

Space Invaders, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Crazy Climber, etc...

"Did you know that the original name for Pac-Man was Puck-Man? You'd think it was because he looks like a hockey puck but it actually comes from the Japanese phrase 'Paku-Paku,' which means to flap one's mouth open and closed. They changed it because they thought Puck-Man would be too easy to vandalize, you know, like people could just scratch off the P and turn it into an F or whatever. "

And yes, the guns had real ammo!

Wow, what exactly are these things? Frisbees? Not even sure...

More Japanese Mexican food!

What a bizarre menu!

We found another arcade with some really insane games and claw machines.

I'm not even sure what this game is...it scares me!

This could very well be the most bizarre game we have ever seen...it's a mini game collection, but some of the mini-games....OMG.

In this mini-game the objective is a race to sit this guy down on as many toilets as possible!

Get Ready! Set! POOP!!!

There was even a drum game KidTums' size.

"I think I just won Minnie's ass!"

KidTums played the popcorn game...and you actually got popcorn!

"If only these were Duffy bears instead!"

This statue was amazing! These two polar bears tell you the temperature...and cry when it's hot out (like now), and smile and are happy when it's cold out!

More Japan updates coming soon! Now...

POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!

Edited by ernierocker

Bandit looks great, I don't want to go near White Canyon ever, and the rest of everything that you've shown looks great or good as well (except for what you said about Spin Bullet).

Great Update Robb!

Absolutely amazing stuff! I'm glad they have all that padding on White Canyon, it needed it! I really wish the Japanese style Sega Joypolis' came to the US. Our versions are nothing close to what they have! Can't wait for more!

I thought Japan was a fairly progressive country but whats with the warning about ADHD and not being able to ride Spin Bullet? As far as I know, as a psychiatrist, ADHD does not make you vulnerable to flashing lights, dark spaces, or fast moving rollercoasters. Shit...that stuff actually tends to create more stimulation which is what the ADHD brain seeks.

I thought Japan was a fairly progressive country but whats with the warning about ADHD and not being able to ride Spin Bullet? As far as I know, as a psychiatrist, ADHD does not make you vulnerable to flashing lights, dark spaces, or fast moving rollercoasters. poo-poo...that stuff actually tends to create more stimulation which is what the ADHD brain seeks.

The warning should read as follows: "Spin Bullet is not appropriate for anyone."

Are there any photos of the McDonalds Shaka Shaka Chicken?

You keep showing photos of the bags/packaging it comes in, but I don't think I've seen what the actual food looks like! Please share!

The true joy of Shaka Shaka Chicken comes in the packaging and preparation process, but anyways, see below. Available spice packets include cheese, lemon, and black pepper. I preferred black pepper and lemon. Other unusual items include the McPork (I've heard it's delicious, did not verify), various meat pie things, the teriyaki burger (also in Hawaii), and the Lemon Garlic Chicken Burger (also pictured below). Japanese McDonalds is amazing (it is everything American McDonalds is not).

Looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing the photos!

Hey jubeat! Its a touch screen based music video game with 16 panels - similar to a music sampler. Its a VERY hard game to play though.

Loved the update Its nice to see roller coasters and arcades (two of my favorite things) all in one giant update!

On the subject of the Spinning bullet ride:

I actually have autism and I don't remember becoming corrupted the last time I rode a ride! But then again I didn't realize what the ride testers were probably on when they put up these ride regulations!! Can someone explain why I am not recommended to ride this?!

I love Yomiuriland! It's such a special place, up there on the mountain, and with the gondola ride to get to it. White Canyon is insane. The rider cam really gives a good idea of what it's like, but we thought it was hilarious to ride BECAUSE of the crappy roughness. We had stomach aches from laughing so much on that ride. So rediculous.

Does anyone else think it looks like Bandit has gotten faster over the years? I don't remember that final stretch to be so wild and full of air back in 2005. Too bad you missed the water squirt action. When we were there, we just missed the "Backwards Bandit" action by a day.