Martin and Cheryl Go to Hong Kong

Update! More Disneyland Hong Kong and Macau page 4!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Martin and Cheryl Go to Hong Kong

Postby Garet » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:03 pm

We felt the same way about the jungle cruise, we found the native language tours much more engaging and with a better atmosphere even though we didn't understand what was being said since the cast member was (understandably) more at ease.

I'm surprised you found the taxis price outrageous though, obviously more expensive to the subways or buses, we found those taxis extremely reasonably priced compared to a lot of the other Asian countries we visited: Korea, Japan, Singapore (although it was 4am so my memories of that taxis cost are fuzzy) even our taxi driver was telling us there are so many taxis in Hong Kong compared to how many people need them. That and the cost was so worth it at night-time compared to the bus, we took it down and so far it's the only time i've ever been travel sick in my life. It was weird how that peak tram would have two hour lines at night to go to the peak but it would be less than a 10 minute wait during the day time. But then people do the same thing for the cable car in Korea at night even when there are buses pretty nearby despite the fact your packed into the cable car so tight there is almost 0 chance of being able to take a good picture.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby soldier148 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:40 am

I can't wait to get out there someday, when I have money.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby milst1 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:35 pm

Garet wrote:
I'm surprised you found the taxis price outrageous though, obviously more expensive to the subways or buses, we found those taxis extremely reasonably priced compared to a lot of the other Asian countries we visited: Korea, Japan, Singapore (although it was 4am so my memories of that taxis cost are fuzzy) even our taxi driver was telling us there are so many taxis in Hong Kong compared to how many people need them. That and the cost was so worth it at night-time compared to the bus, we took it down and so far it's the only time i've ever been travel sick in my life. It was weird how that peak tram would have two hour lines at night to go to the peak but it would be less than a 10 minute wait during the day time. But then people do the same thing for the cable car in Korea at night even when there are buses pretty nearby despite the fact your packed into the cable car so tight there is almost 0 chance of being able to take a good picture.

No, the taxis in Hong Kong were perfectly reasonable, except for late at night when the Peak Tram queue was super long. We hailed a cab and he asked for a huge premium because he knew that our option was waiting two hours for the tram or trying to figure out the busses. I don't remember the price, but it seemed outrageous at the time. Coming down was a fraction of the cost because we ran on the meter and our destination was an MTR station.

Thanks for the love, everybody!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby better_by_design » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:09 am

Thanks for the great TR! I've been to both HKDL and Ocean Park, but there's been so many great looking additions that I need to find an opportunity to visit again!

I mean, if nothing else - PENGUIN RESTAURANT!!!
"I am fascinated, always."
My Overseas Adventures TRsImage

Previous

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive