Switch to full style
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Post a reply

Re: Photo TR: The Kiwis Do Texas Midwest 2013

Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:27 am

Two words:

THE JUDGE!!!!

I miss her.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:39 pm

^^ Thanks for the photo Thad! Awesome!

^ I was so tough on SFOT, but there were many fun aspects to our day there. If all the ride ops were like the Judge, I'd have had a much better day. Call it tough love!

Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:31 pm

Outstanding first three parts of the report, and great photography too. You nailed it on SFOT -- I wanted to like it so much more than I actually did.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:32 pm

You know, I don't think you were too harsh. It was a veryyyy awkward day with the employees. Going through not having my lap bar being checked, the restraints stuck down on skull mountain, and the lesbian prison ward worker ride opp at the kiddie mine train... I would have said much much worse. ;)

It was a six flags day, for sure.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:25 pm

I'm going to remember that day mostly for the insane heat. I remember walking out of the air conditioned restaurant after lunch and it felt like being punched in the face. Summer Adventures was awesome. SFOT could learn a lesson from them.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:40 pm

I'm in the same boat of people who really tried to like SFOT. Maybe part of it was the heat... maybe part of it was NTAG and Shockwave being closed. But I think it is safe to say most of it was operations. Summer Adventures was a blast and exceeded my expectations several times over!

That being said, I really want to go back to SFOT for NTAG and Shockwave. Next time I'll go in with an open mind and fingers crossed.

Re: Summer Adventures Trumps Six Flags Over Texas

Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:36 pm

mattnz wrote:surly ride ops

televisedconfession wrote:the lesbian prison ward worker ride opp at the kiddie mine train...

:lover:

Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:59 pm

There's no doubt that the operations and heat were what made SFOT a terrible day. I've never seen a park with so many inexperienced ride operators, especially at Titan when they went through the station when it broke down and told everyone why they were closed (the lapbar wouldn't lock in the last row and they called maintenance to get a temporary fix for it). I kind of want to say that Mt. Olympus may have been slightly better, but I don't know.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:19 pm

I didn't find the park too bad actually… I've been to Happy Valley Shanghai… I really enjoyed the park although I wanted to have more grey outs on Titan, only got a credit run.

Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:19 pm

televisedconfession wrote: the lesbian prison ward worker ride opp at the kiddie mine train

Well, if she can't keep those kids in line, no one can.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS