Photo TR: Road Trip w/ Garbles! Journey along I-10!

Some "rare" parks along the Gulf Coast!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Photo TR: Road Trip w/ Garbles! Journey along I-10!

Postby cfc » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:16 am

805Andrew wrote:Nice TR of I-10. Iron Shark looks really nice at night.

The stretch of I-10 along the Florida panhandle is the most boring 300 mile stretch of highway on Earth.

I can name a 300 mile stretch of I-5 in Central California that probably has this beat. ;)

Ah, yes--the great Central Valley. Sheer tedium until you reach the Grapevine. I know that stretch all too well.

At least there are some credits along the Gulf Coast. ;)

Vagina Wreckage

Postby Barge84 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:29 am

I enjoyed the TR, Jake. Lots of parks that you don't really hear about.

Also, would you stop taking pictures while you're driving?!? Focus on the road!

* I'm officially getting old

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:34 am

^Nobody has time to stop and get out for a picture when you're credit whoring!

SuperShawn wrote:Thanks for sharing all the credit whoring Jake. At least you finally knocked these parks off your list and won't have to do it again. Now to find some beignets after seeing your photos of them.

Haha they really are so far out of the way, as there are no major parks or destinations (unless you are in New Orleans) anywhere near them. If SFNO was open you could hit them all, but we all know that story...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:40 am

Nice report, I'm making a trip down I-10 to Mobile later this month, I might have to pull off the road and try to ride that CCI (it's not that far out of the way, at least that will be my excuse).

Was there anything else halfway interesting on the dry side of Waterville, USA?

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:48 am

Some nice coasters you picked up on that trip! N'allans looks like a decent place to visit at least once.

Damn, Texas is the prime spot for coasters.
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby 11slataus » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:02 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:Was there anything else halfway interesting on the dry side of Waterville, USA?

Based on my visit a few years ago, there isn't really anything else.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:39 am

Great report Jake. Some parks I will likely NEVER get to (except for SFFT and Galveston). Hope you enjoy your semester in TX.

As for boring ass drives, there's a stretch of I-70 through Utah that has about 150 miles of nothing, not even a gas station. That always kind of freaks me out.

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:50 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:Nice report, I'm making a trip down I-10 to Mobile later this month, I might have to pull off the road and try to ride that CCI (it's not that far out of the way, at least that will be my excuse).

Was there anything else halfway interesting on the dry side of Waterville, USA?

Pretty sure there is nothing besides crappy go karts and mini golf. The flow rider was also open but again no one was there. But if you pull off in Pensacola and go up north to Mobile from Gulf Shores it isn't bad at all. I left Orlando at 10am, got to the park around 4:15, and was departing lamberts before 6 and got to my hotel in Mobile pretty early.

PhotoBoothe wrote:Some nice coasters you picked up on that trip! N'allans looks like a decent place to visit at least once.

Damn, Texas is the prime spot for coasters.

I actually really wanna go back to NOLA. With some drinking buddies it could be an absolute blast. Mardi Gras anyone?

Fun fact as well...Texas has 60 operating coasters. And I only need 2 more of them woohoo!

Sir Clinksalot wrote:Great report Jake. Some parks I will likely NEVER get to (except for SFFT and Galveston). Hope you enjoy your semester in TX.

As for boring A$$ drives, there's a stretch of I-70 through Utah that has about 150 miles of nothing, not even a gas station. That always kind of freaks me out.

I think I've done that one! I've pretty much driven anywhere you can in this country. And I-10 through the Florida panhandle is still easily the most boring.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:04 pm

I actually really wanna go back to NOLA. With some drinking buddies it could be an absolute blast. Mardi Gras anyone?

That is on my bucket list to go during Mardi Gras!

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby dixiestud15 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:51 pm

Glad to see Dixie Landin getting some love. As my home park, I love it. Wish there was more room for more awesome rides as Blue Bayou seems to get all the good stuff. Love the waterpark too.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive