Photo TR: Chuck Finally Returns to Japan with TPR

Update, September 18: Tokyo DisneySea
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Photo TR: Chuck Finally Returns to Japan with TPR

Postby cfc » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:50 am

Garet wrote:Wow i'd just assumed the new air con ferris wheel had replaced the old one I rode last year but it's in a different location since I can see the old one in your pictures, are they running both or is the old one just SBNO?

The old wheel wasn't operating, but I don't know whether it was down for maintenance or down for the count.
Last edited by cfc on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:50 am.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:02 am

cfc wrote:The old wheel wasn't operating, but I don't know whether it was down for maintenance or down for the count.

I was curious so I went to have a look since with Robb and Elissa's help I managed to make a list of the websites where you could find the Rehab Schedule since Japanese&Korean parks are awesome at letting customers know well ahead of time if you look on their native language websites, I thought they might have a notice about retiring it but there wasn't and after some clicking found both are still listed on the family attraction page: http://www.tobuzoo.com/park/list/classic/

I was going to say how strange it is that a park would have 2 similar rides so close together but then I remembered that Lotte World just opened its 4th 3D Screen ride in the park this year and Everland built it's 3rd chairlift/gondola last year and second safari ride next to the other this year :P
Last edited by Garet on Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:46 am.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:45 am

^Well, the Japanese do like their Ferris wheels. ;)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby SuperShawn » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:47 am

Love the photo of Japanese Goats pretending to be Chick-Fila-A cows. Also The more I hear about Mega Lite's the more it makes me want to ride one. Sounds like they are just full of airtime fun.

Have to ask, How happy is Angus that you are home from this journey?

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:54 am

Angus is pleased to be out of cat jail and free to wander in the evenings again. Kawasemi, like the other Mega Lites, is a great ride--especially after it "warms up" a bit.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby YOLO » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:02 am

Man, I need to get to Japan! I really want to ride a Mega Lite. These things look awesome! Also how did you like Hollywood Dream backwards?
1. Incredible Hulk, 2. Kraken, 3. Wild Eagle, 4. Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit, 5. Manta

Favorite Park: SeaWorld Orlando

Inversions > Airtime :)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:19 am

Can't wait to finally try out a Mega Lite next year! Loving the Trip Report, Chuck.

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:48 am

YOLO wrote:Man, I need to get to Japan! I really want to ride a Mega Lite. These things look awesome! Also how did you like Hollywood Dream backwards?

"Hollywood Dream backwards" (aka, "Backdrop") was interesting--definitely more intense than going forward.
Last edited by cfc on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:04 am.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:52 am

LOVE this shot, Chuck!

And the rest of the report as well.
nautilus.jpg
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:05 am

^That's my favorite of my DisneySea pictures, too. But it's nearly impossible to take a "bad" picture in that park. ;)
Last edited by cfc on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:06 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive