Chadster's Vacation Adventures: Final Edition!

2/2/13 - Sea World Orlando!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Re: Chadster's Vacation Adventures: Old Town/FunSpot Photo TR

Postby chadster » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:50 pm

Because I can, I'm sharing my experience at OldTown and Funspot. I know that a lot of people make fun of Old Town, after all it is a little ghetto, but its not that bad of a park for tourist. Personally I prefer FunSpot over OldTown for the overal experience and bang for your buck. With an unlimted ride wristband at FunSpot you get go-carts, Screamin' Swing, and a spin and spew coaster.

Both parks were dead when I visted on 10/13/11. FunSpot by far had the better staff who were very friendly and bored. The ride ops were on rotation but were quick to show up whenever you entered a queue line. Food and beer prices were decent and a Burger Kind and Checkers sit out in the parking lot if you so desire.

Much like most tourist traps, admission is a bit pricey to either parks compared to Six Flags of Cedar Fair but I see it as a nice mid vacation break for famlies.
OldTown.FunSpot 003.JPG
Well, here we are at stop 1. 75 shops eh? Ok, sure.
OldTown.FunSpot-001.jpg
I prefer not to drink squirt.
OldTown.FunSpot 008.JPG
Park map for you park map enthusiasts.
OldTown.FunSpot 009.JPG
Pricing for the pricing enthusiasts
OldTown.FunSpot 006.JPG
And here we are in the park armed with tickets for two coasters.
OldTown.FunSpot 010.JPG
Lets get the good one outta the way first.
OldTown.FunSpot 018.JPG
Up up and away
OldTown.FunSpot-011.jpg
Just in case you didn' trust me.
OldTown.FunSpot 012.JPG
weeeeeeee
OldTown.FunSpot 015.JPG
See all those happy faces? It's really not that bad of a ride.
OldTown.FunSpot 028.JPG
But then again, I like these types of coasters. It has some decent speed and lats. Anyway. Moving on to coaster #2
OldTown.FunSpot-022.jpg
Yuuuuuuuuuup!
OldTown.FunSpot 025.JPG
I was sure to keep appropriate seperation between myself and kid that was riding up front.
OldTown.FunSpot 023.JPG
Lets go check out the mall with 75 stores.
OldTown.FunSpot-005.jpg
Found one! Most were closed....
OldTown.FunSpot 071.JPG
Pass.
OldTown.FunSpot 004.JPG
Well, I've seen enough.
OldTown.FunSpot 030.JPG
Time to drive next door to FunSpot.
OldTown.FunSpot-068.jpg
That's what she said!
OldTown.FunSpot 031.JPG
Score!
OldTown.FunSpot 033.JPG
Fun tilt, packed full of spin!
OldTown.FunSpot-034.jpg
You have your choice of flyers, one slightly taller than the other.
OldTown.FunSpot 040.JPG
Nice setting IMO.
OldTown.FunSpot 042.JPG
It's the Poweraide coaster!
OldTown.FunSpot 046.JPG
Climbing up for a spin!
OldTown.FunSpot-048.jpg
Cruising along
OldTown.FunSpot-041.jpg
And this is about the point where you spin and spin and spin and spin and spin and....
OldTown.FunSpot-059.jpg
Love.Screamin'.Swings. Basically there were 7 who wanted to ride, one arm operation, we basically rotated out for 30 minutes, could ride these all day. Yes. I'm strange.
OldTown.FunSpot 055.JPG
Bobs flying.
OldTown.FunSpot-061.jpg
Time for a little swing before I go.
OldTown.FunSpot-063.jpg
Goodnight FunSpot, thanks for the Fun!

Full Fledged Meat Enthusiast!

Location: Phoenix, AZ, San Mateo, CA, A Southwest 737, a Continental 737, A United 737...

Re: Chadster's Vacation Adventures: Old Town and Fun Spot Ph

Postby QueerRudie » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:10 pm

There's nothing wrong with a little Windstorm action now and again... especially since the design is loosely based upon the Schwarzkopf Wildcat 54 model...

(And great TR, too...)

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby PAL » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:14 pm

I was expecting sad and pathetic, and you only give us one Wacky Worm! False advertising. (How about some kart action?)

Keep the trip reports coming - good stuff.

Postby chadster » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:10 pm

PAL wrote:I was expecting sad and pathetic, and you only give us one Wacky Worm! False advertising. (How about some kart action?)

Keep the trip reports coming - good stuff.

But I gave you a kiddie coaster too! I looked for more cart action shots, didn't have any that were good of the two towers, and honestly, those are hard to photograph, very compact and tons of crap in the way.

Re: Chadster's Vacation Adventures: WDW Photo TR

Postby chadster » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:05 pm

Here I am on the 14th of October for a full day of Disney. Thankfully Epcot was having their Food and Booze Festival which helped get me over the midday hump.

So, can you visit 4 Disney parks in one day and manage to ride stuff? Yes. The Studios opened at 9am and the Kingdom closed at 11pm giving me ample time to get my money's worth.

Somehow I managed to lose some of the photos I took at Epcot Food and Wine but they were mostly me eating stuff like Ravioli, Strudel, Pork Sliders, and Beer.
WDW 012.JPG
Welcome to Disney's Hollywood Studios! The brooms indicate the cleanliness level of the park.
WDW 001.JPG
First on my to do list was something I had been wanting to ride since it was built. Why, well it looked fun on T.V. and looked even better in person. What did I think of it? Well, the weightlessness was cool. I grabbed a fast pass when I arrived that was good for 30 minutes into the future, by the time I get thru the line and finsihed my ride, I took a second ride on the opposite side to make sure I hadn't missed anything. Its fun, I can see how people make fun of it, but yeah, its good for what it is.
WDW 005.JPG
Next up, Vekoma's best. Seriously. It's their best. Not sure that's saying much. But it truly is their best.
WDW 006.JPG
The theme makes the ride. Sponsored by Hanes eh? Hmmm, ohhh, I get it, hahahahaha.
WDW 008.JPG
Someone stole my idea for a record label, jerks.
IMAG0040.jpg
I give Disney props on this ride, and Vekoma as well. With multiple trains you never wait, never, to get on. Loading takes maybe twenty seconds. Get in, put your crap in front of you, lift up, push the button, empty train rolls in, gates open, sit down, next train....A certain other park across the state should learn from them. Seperate load/unload stations are golden for capacity. Oh yeah, great ride, music, theme, it's the total package.
WDW 014.JPG
YUUUUUUUP! Star Tours. Full of awesome.
WDW 013.JPG
For the Disney history buffs
WDW 018.JPG
It would appear they were already setting up for Christmas. Anyway I'm headed over to take their "backlot" tour.
WDW 022.JPG
So the tour was not what I expected, I guess I am spoiled after the USH studio tour. But for the families and kids, this one is decent.

For those that have not been on it, this is scene one where they show you how they flood and blow up things. Here they are flooding things.
WDW 025.JPG
Here they were blowing up things.
WDW 026.JPG
Then you walk through a "prop" house.

Hey everyboday, what time is it? It's TOOL TIME! Hell yeah! It was worth doing just to see this. Honest. No joke. Home Improvement still makes me laugh today.
WDW 028.JPG
Lets go touring.
WDW 030.JPG
Awesome.
WDW 033.JPG
I wasn't expecting to pass thru the sweat shop.
WDW 047.JPG
They build stuff in here.
WDW 055.JPG
Then like the USH tour, you get to see cars and crap used in the movies. Did you know that space vehicles use Tractor-Trailer tires? I didn't. But I do now.
WDW 053.JPG
Where is LiLo? Oh yeah, jail. Or do she get out again? Who cares.
WDW 059.JPG
Disney International is nearby.
WDW 062.JPG
Well things are starting looking up.
WDW 064.JPG
Where there is water...
WDW 071.JPG
There is FIRE!
WDW 073.JPG
Fire go out.
WDW 079.JPG
This stuff makes water go wooosh.
WDW 086.JPG
Flight of the Navigator. Best.Movie.Ever.

Tour was 'Ok' You should do it at least once. After about three hours, it was time to head to the bus (I parked at the Magic Kingdom, took the bus to the Studios) to head for Animal Kingdom.
IMAG0041.jpg
Wow, that was quick, I'm at Animal Kingdom now!
WDW 092.JPG
First up, squeezing my way into Dinoland.
WDW 095.JPG
Well, I know of a ride that needs to be...
WDW 093.JPG
Could this be that ride?
WDW 094.JPG
Why yes, yes it is that ride that needs to be extinct. Very un-Disney like to put in cookie cutter rides. I think they've realized that it was probably not the best choice since some of this cookie cutter stuff has already left some of their parks.
WDW 101.JPG
Looks legit.
WDW 102.JPG
Is this where I sign up?
WDW 108.JPG
Backwards was pretty amazing. This part is almost as amazing.
WDW 121.JPG
I can't leave without a few reflection shots.
WDW 125.JPG
Nor can I leave without a reflection shot without a train in it.
WDW 129.JPG
Goodbye big living tree, I'm hungry and the bus is waiting for Epcot.
WDW 130.JPG
When you see a big nobbly ball, you must be at Epcot!
WDW 132.JPG
Epcot is so awesome, can you believe they float their own Cranberries?
WDW 149.JPG
Soarin' was pretty amazing. Even more amazing being a single rider I got my wait time cut in half, good thing because all the Fast Passes were gone. How did I get bumped up? Well, one of the ops noticed my TPR shirt, asked if I was alone, and said come with me. I was on the next flight out, front row. Thanks!
WDW 136.JPG
After picking up a few tasty treats, I headed for Mexico and found the beaner boat ride.
WDW 138.JPG
I thought it was called something else.
WDW 139.JPG
But when I looked it up on my phone, FB Places said it was the beaner boat ride, so, that's gotta be what its called now.
IMAG0042.jpg
A little more walking brought me over to Test Track. At the line entrance was another TPR regular who promptly shoved me into the Single Rider fast lane.
WDW 146.JPG
Well sh!t. No Lesbian hour for me.
WDW 145.JPG
Amazing food, hit all the highlights including Space Ship Earth, and as the sun started to set, I was off to the Monorail(middle car) in what would take me 45 minutes to get to the Magic Kingdom. Hind sight is 20/20, should have taken the bus.
WDW 154.JPG
And here we are, three hours left, and well, I think everyone else had the same idea. The entrance queue was horrid, but within 2 minutes 15 entry lanes were magically opened, not sure how that happened, and honestly I didn't care.
WDW 166.JPG
Lots and lots of people, it was right after the parade, so I hot footed it over to Pirates, awesome ride, then made it to the fast pass machine for the Runaway and took a splash on Splash Mountain. Got lucky, was able to watch the fireworks from the boat.
WDW 177.JPG
Still having a lot of time left, I made it to the effed up Alice in Wonderland ride where I was the only one in queue. The ride op asked me "How many" I looked around, confused, and said "Well unless casper is coming, just me"

Space Mountain had a 60 minute wait, so I passed for the time and hit up the Carousel of Progress ( A must) the transporter thingy, and headed back over to the Mountain for an epic night ride.
WDW 162.JPG
It was 11 o'clock, people were still packing the streets after the last show of the night and I was headed to the car.
WDW 155.JPG
I could have rode Space Mountain, the opportunity was there to get in line 10 minutes before park closing, but I had an hour+ drive to Tampa and and passed.

All in all you can do all 4 Disney parks in one day if planned out while hitting all the highlights. I didn't feel rushed, enjoyed the Food and Wine Festival and in general had a good time. Next time, I'll do Disney right, with friends, and drinks.

Full Fledged Meat Enthusiast!

Location: Phoenix, AZ, San Mateo, CA, A Southwest 737, a Continental 737, A United 737...

Re: Chadster's Vacation Adventures: WDW Photo Trip Thingy

Postby QueerRudie » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:13 pm

Wow- I'm exhausted reading this TR entry... as it's nucking futz. It's interesting to see the parks- but I think Epcot is not quite the same without Ellesbian's energy adventure and the cheesiness of "Listen to the Land". (I'm old-school, what can I say???).

Postby chadster » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:41 pm

^ It was a crazy weekend, that's for sure. Only three adventures left, four if you post a comment!

My brain is often hibernating.

Postby -Edge of Beast- » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:52 am

God, I miss Florida. Shown in your Fun Spot TR, it's still looking nice and warm even in October (which Kansas Citians never get). But yeah, nice pictures and descriptions! I enjoyed them!

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby aimster » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:34 pm

I've done 3 Disney parks in a day (started at the Studios for a few hours, took the boat to Epcot and then ended at Magic Kingdom (which was open til 3am for extra magic hours for resort guests... I lasted until about 1:30am and was ready to drop).

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby eddytheviper » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:09 pm

Yep, managed to do 4 parks in a day... wow, it was... tiring.

Certainly something I wanted to do, managed to hit the major attractions in each park except for Aerosmith in studios as it was temporarily down and we couldn't be bothered to wait for it really.

Was a fun day though rushing around and stuff.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive