Cruising with Theme Park Review - Feb 2011

Royal Carribean's Allure of the Seas! P. 25 - Final Update!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!

Which Beer Cozie should we buy Piers? (See Page 18)

Option #1
24%
Option #2
76%

Total votes : 127

Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Cruising with Theme Park Review - Feb 2011

Postby PSiRockin » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:47 pm

I just had a genius moment- Skycoaster on a ship. It's like rides on the moon, but with cruises. :lmao: This thread makes my day better.
PsiRockin'
Earthbound - SNES

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby disneyfan1313 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:12 pm

Rastuso wrote:Hey, I resemble that remark!

My wife always gripes at me about wearing a t-shirt when we go out to eat at a decent place. I do wear work clothes when we go to Chez Nous, and other high end places. So, alas, I know I'll have to dress up some to please the snooty ship Gods if we go on one. ALthough we're looking at a Disney cruise, and they are probably the last ones to enforce anthing.

Proud to have eaten at Antoine's in New Orleans in a t-shirt and blue jean shorts.

-RO

Actually you would be surprised! DCL does enforce dress code very strictly in the upcharge restaurants (Palo and Remy) and will enforce the general dress code (no tank tops, shorts, etc) in the main dining room. They do have a "dress-up" night which is really only enforced by peer pressure. I personally really enjoy dressing up on a cruise... I'm the weirdo who will put on my tux and then wear it all night until 2am when the clubs close!

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby coasterville » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:46 pm

Thanks Robb,

I've often thought about cruising, and that looks simply breathtaking.

I just looked up typical fares just for kicks, you can get a (lowest grade) stateroom on a 7 day cruise on the Allure for under $900. That's incredible when you consider what all Robb has showed us.

I have talked with others who have cruised and the "Avoid Carnival at all costs" is almost, without exception, the first piece of advice I always hear.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/8d343c4f82b3a896d8a607fed5434bc9.jpg[/img][/url]

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:54 pm

I am so glad I finally had the time to catch up on this TR. It looks as if you all are having an awesome time. I am so sad that I am not able to make the October cruise. I know you guys will have a blast! I can't wait for all the awesome pictures. The ship looks amazing. I'm looking forward to the next time we are able to go cruising with you guys. I really want to try a flowrider. It is one of those little things that has somehow slipped by my to do list. It looks like a blast. Oh! The Domo shirt is awesome! :br

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby slither37 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:36 pm

This last report had everything. Food. Lube. Booze.Predator. Pipe shaped like a penis. Ball in a Cup. Swedish instructor.
And what could possibly top the bacon cupcake, honestly?

Ok, no coasters, but pretty darn everything else you need to live a happy life.

No matter how many pictures I see of the ship, I get the sense that in order to appreciate the immense size of it, you have to see it in person. (TWSS)

I will make him an offer he can''t refuse.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby BelizeIt » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:44 pm

Well I have never had the chance to travel on a cruise ship before, but as always the Alveys have opened my eyes to new possibilities.

This ship is amazing, and I can be assured that your trip is living up to your expectations.

These 7 day cruises seem to be the best way to go. You can see all that the ship has to offer, and have an amazing time.

I look forward to the TPR 'Cruise' trip at the end of the year.(for invited guests) :b

Whether its Theme parks or Traveling the Oceans, TPR seems to cover it all!

Meep Meep!

Postby Lenaapple1974 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:23 pm

WOW. Completely amazing. I just spent the last... I don't know how long reading all 24 pages. Thank you Robb for posting each day! Anyone who is a first time cruiser should totally read this thread. If anyone previously had questions, they are now all answered.

I specifically did not read any menus today. I am starving...will not make it worse! :D

Lady Gaga class....very scary. I will take nothing but the real thing! (4/23 GA!! Woot!)
Coaster Count - OMG...I completely lost count... How do you all do it?
Man, I really need to update my Photo TR from last year!! >:O
2012 - SoCal and everything I can cram into the week!
2013 - Back to Orlando!

I make cake

Postby Brandy524 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:54 pm

Just got caught up on the last couple of updates. Wow, I had to hold back my laughter at the Gaga dance class because I'm work! Scary. Everything about the ship is just amazing. Seriously making me want to start saving for a cruise. Thanks for all the inside info on pricing and what's included!

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby The_Mad_Hatter » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:06 pm

Wow! Thanks for all the pictures. Looks amazing!

Theme parks on a cruise ship? sure... http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2009/11/ss-disney-incredible-wdi-project.html
:P

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:22 pm

The_Mad_Hatter wrote:Wow! Thanks for all the pictures. Looks amazing!

Theme parks on a cruise ship? sure... http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2009/11/ss-disney-incredible-wdi-project.html
:P

Heh, interesting article. Oddly enough, I had a very brief encounter with this project when I worked for Disney that I'm probably not allowed to talk about. Let's just say that I'm not shocked the project never got the green light.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive