Cruising with Theme Park Review - Feb 2011

Royal Carribean's Allure of the Seas! P. 25 - Final Update!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!

Which Beer Cozie should we buy Piers? (See Page 18)

Option #1
24%
Option #2
76%

Total votes : 127

Site Admin

Re: Cruising with Theme Park Review - Feb 2011

Postby robbalvey » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:29 pm

gamevod wrote:Hi. Great posts, Thanks. Doing Allure in June. First big boat w/ grandkids. My recollection is that RCCL is pretty easy going re kids dress in the main dining room. Your sense? Shorts OK for kids? Formal night still pretty relaxed for men (last RCCL seemed like few tuxes and suits, mostly sports coats). True?

Here's the thing - the dress code for the dining room is no shorts, no T-Shirts, basically no Rastus attire! ;)

BUT... Youll see a few people do it anyway, and it's kind of frowned upon, but the dining room staff has been more laxed because they want their tips. Out of maybe 100 people, you'll see one or two people wearing shorts. Jeans are "ok" but for example I don't wear them, and most of the time I wear khakis and a collar shirt.

For kids, the rules are more laxxed, but even still you don't see many kids in shorts and t-shirts. We would never let Kristen wear shorts to the dining room. She wears comfortable clothes, not too dressy, but not like she just came from the playground.

For formal nights, dress pants, dress shirt, and tie is almost always required, and dressy clothes for kids. Anything else and you'll absolutely get stares and comments made. I know I certainly would. You don't have to wear a tux but jackets are encouraged.

IMO, if you want to come to the dining room dressed in shorts and a t-shirt, go to the buffet instead. They don't care what you wear there.

In summary, the rules state "shorts, tank tops, and hats are not permitted at dinner." All ages. They will let you in, but you would be breaking the rules, and you would look out of place, even the kids.

Hope this helps!

--Robb
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:31 pm.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby RyanGsatMCO » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:48 am

robbalvey wrote:
robbalvey wrote:Someone asked about the "October TPR" cruise, and yes there is one, but sorry it's by invite only. And how do you get on Robb & Elissa's personal invite list? Be an awesome TPR member! :)

--Robb

CHALLONGE!!! hahaha Hmmm maybe it is time to get the TPR Tatto?! :lmao:

What to soon?

Ryan

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby MrMorgan » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:46 am

OK, seriously. Just to give you an idea of how huge this ship is: if you look in the right direction from the pool at the back of the ship, you can see the front of the ship coming around the world again already. It is obvious in this photo.
allure4_40.jpg
Big ship!

"Gelato isn't vegan?"

Postby ILoveRides » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:29 am

This photo was just asking for the manly treatment.
manlyBreakfast.jpg

TPR's Hairstylist to the Stars!

Postby piers » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:43 am

I really do give great head!

"Been Around The World And Realized Only Stupid People Are Breeding"

Postby packfanlv » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:57 am

I love the Manly cupcake! Thanks David!
I write about how to travel the world for pennies on the dollar at Miles To Memories!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Rastuso » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:04 am

robbalvey wrote:
gamevod wrote:Hi. Great posts, Thanks. Doing Allure in June. First big boat w/ grandkids. My recollection is that RCCL is pretty easy going re kids dress in the main dining room. Your sense? Shorts OK for kids? Formal night still pretty relaxed for men (last RCCL seemed like few tuxes and suits, mostly sports coats). True?

Here's the thing - the dress code for the dining room is no shorts, no T-Shirts, basically no Rastus attire! ;)

--Robb

Hey, I resemble that remark!

My wife always gripes at me about wearing a t-shirt when we go out to eat at a decent place. I do wear work clothes when we go to Chez Nous, and other high end places. So, alas, I know I'll have to dress up some to please the snooty ship Gods if we go on one. ALthough we're looking at a Disney cruise, and they are probably the last ones to enforce anthing.

Proud to have eaten at Antoine's in New Orleans in a t-shirt and blue jean shorts.

-RO

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby WFChris » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:54 pm

I agree that dressing up adds to the ambiance in the dining room for everyone, and its fun. I would imagine the one or two people in there not abiding by the dress code are either quite selfish or too hung over to notice!

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby testtrack321 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:00 pm

robbalvey wrote:I don't think there will ever be a full scale roller coaster but I could totally see more things like zip lines, water coasters and other "attractions" getting added. Maybe a fully enclosed alpine coaster or something?

Give them the Stratosphere treatment with a version of the Big Shot, X-Scream, or others on the side of the ship.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby delan » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:50 pm

GAGA CLASSES!!! hashtag: bookingacruiserightnow!!

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive