Cruising with Theme Park Review - Feb 2011

Royal Carribean's Allure of the Seas! P. 25 - Final Update!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!

Which Beer Cozie should we buy Piers? (See Page 18)

Option #1
24%
Option #2
76%

Total votes : 127

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Cruising with Theme Park Review - Feb 2011

Postby Homeboy23 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:10 pm

^ Kiddie coaster for all of the coaster whores to spend $1000 for the cruise to get the credit :)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:14 pm

robbalvey wrote:
Hilltopper39 wrote:I love all of the cruise ship trip reports here on TPR lately, this place is slowly turning into a Theme Park AND Cruise Ship Review website!

The funny thing is that over the last couple of years cruise ships have really started becoming a bit more like floating theme parks! The latest RCCL and Disney ships are closer to bridging that gap!

I don't think there will ever be a full scale roller coaster but I could totally see more things like zip lines, water coasters and other "attractions" getting added. Maybe a fully enclosed alpine coaster or something?

or a small dark ride maybe? A Shooting dark ride on a ship would be really cool and a lot of fun! I'm sure you could fit a scaled down version of Toy Story mania on a cruise ship somewhere, maybe with a few less number of show scenes that have a longer play time for each for each game maybe? or RCCL could put a Dreamworks character dark ride of some kind.

If that happened I think future TPR cruises would definitely include a drunken Dark Ride Shootout Challenge (sponsored by Piers, naturally).
Last edited by Hilltopper39 on Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:14 pm.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Rastuso » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:14 pm

A nice, long alpine coaster going down many levels, though themed dark ride portions! I could design it for them.

-RO

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:17 pm

To be honest, I'd rather see them building more things like the Dragon's Tail alpine coaster at Labadee. Sure it's not a *real* credit, but as a ride that everyone can enjoy, it's GREAT! And when you consider all the zipline tours, ATVs, dune buggies, and wave runners they offer on port days there really is quite a lot of options for "thrill seekers."

But I do agree a dark ride like TSM could totally be done for the Disney ships!

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby moinab » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:18 pm

If my kids get to have a character breakfast with the Madagascar Penguins in October, they will lose their freaking minds!!!!! :b :br :b

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:23 pm

robbalvey wrote:To be honest, I'd rather see them building more things like the Dragon's Tail alpine coaster at Labadee. Sure it's not a *real* credit, but as a ride that everyone can enjoy, it's GREAT!

I agree. As long as there's something to appeal to all demographics, I'm for it.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Fire2box » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:33 pm

robbalvey wrote:
Hilltopper39 wrote:I love all of the cruise ship trip reports here on TPR lately, this place is slowly turning into a Theme Park AND Cruise Ship Review website!

The funny thing is that over the last couple of years cruise ships have really started becoming a bit more like floating theme parks! The latest RCCL and Disney ships are closer to bridging that gap!

I don't think there will ever be a full scale roller coaster but I could totally see more things like zip lines, water coasters and other "attractions" getting added. Maybe a fully enclosed alpine coaster or something?

Maybe a cruise line could add in ship departing zip-lines. =)

He's kind of sad and pathetic

Postby BarryH » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:41 pm

At first, I really had no desire to go on a cruise. Now after seeing these photos, I want to go on a cruise! :)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby gamevod » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:43 pm

Hi. Great posts, Thanks. Doing Allure in June. First big boat w/ grandkids. My recollection is that RCCL is pretty easy going re kids dress in the main dining room. Your sense? Shorts OK for kids? Formal night still pretty relaxed for men (last RCCL seemed like few tuxes and suits, mostly sports coats). True?

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby RedB » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:05 pm

Hilltopper39 wrote:
robbalvey wrote:

or a small dark ride maybe? A Shooting dark ride on a ship would be really cool and a lot of fun! I'm sure you could fit a scaled down version of Toy Story mania on a cruise ship somewhere, maybe with a few less number of show scenes that have a longer play time for each for each game maybe? or RCCL could put a Dreamworks character dark ride of some kind.

If that happened I think future TPR cruises would definitely include a drunken Dark Ride Shootout Challenge (sponsored by Piers, naturally).

The more I think about this idea, the more epic it becomes. ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive