Cruising with Theme Park Review - Feb 2011

Royal Carribean's Allure of the Seas! P. 25 - Final Update!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!

Which Beer Cozie should we buy Piers? (See Page 18)

Option #1
24%
Option #2
76%

Total votes : 127

Site Admin

Re: Cruising with Theme Park Review - Feb 2011

Postby robbalvey » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:54 am

We are in Cozumel, Mexico with three Carnival ships have also docked. It's been awesome playing "Spot the Carnival or Royal Caribbean Cruisers!" basically you can narrow it down to this...

Carnival = Wal-Mart
RCCL/NCL = Target
Princess/Celebrity = Stein Mart
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:55 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:38 am

Love the updates.

Definately option 2. Piers is a selfless person so it fits much better.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby testtrack321 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:54 am

Bacon cupcakes.... mmmmmmm :angel:

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby PSiRockin » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:01 am

I have to go to the local indoor waterpark as I NEED TO GO FLOWRIDING! And the Mexican souveniers are always the best. :lmao:
PsiRockin'
Earthbound - SNES

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:09 am

robbalvey wrote:As for the Disney ships, I haven't done one yet (Elissa has and loved it) ...but I'll be able to tell you after our Disney Fantasy cruise next year! We would have done the Disney Dream this year, but we prefer at least a 7 day cruise, and the Dream only does 3/4 night itineraries.

Also, another bit of advice - if you know that a "sister ship" to a current ship that has come out is on the horizon, it may be worth the wait. For example, we never did Oasis because we knew that any little issues found on Oasis would get fixed on Allure. There was something like 600 line item changes between Oasis and Allure. Some tiny things like the way the outlets were arranged in the staterooms to major things like changing food locations that didn't work on Oasis.

There is no Starbucks on Oasis, and the hot dog place doesn't exist on that ship either. The Rising Tide on Allure has expanded seating, and they swapped out the seafood restaurant for the Mexican place after it wasn't well received.

We waited for Liberty to be released because there were quite a few changes between Freedom and Liberty, and it's one of the reasons why we are holding off for the Disney Fantasy.

In almost every example, V2.0 of a ship design adds many improvements over the original.

Now, having said that, many times something that has worked on a more recent ship will get retrofitted on an older ship. Liberty and Freedom are getting Allure's cupcake store this year as well as adding an infants kids club and the Dreamworks character breakfasts.

Someone asked about the "October TPR" cruise, and yes there is one, but sorry it's by invite only. And how do you get on Robb & Elissa's personal invite list? Be an awesome TPR member! :)

--Robb
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:18 am.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Mr Stratosphere » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:26 am

robbalvey wrote:Image
Does anyone know why some of those rooms don't have balcony doors? Bonus points if you do! =)

Because it's under the poop deck...
Well maybe because of the pool and all of its equipment are behind those facades.

Thanks for the updates! The ship looks incredible! I read online too that Liberty just came out of its dry dock with lots of changes!
They added the digital way-finding guide on Liberty. I loved that ship and cannot wait for the Oasis Class!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby thefreak » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:14 pm

Thanks for the updates my wife and two daughters are looking to cruise soon. Your updates are very appreciated.
I really like this ship.

Love the updates.

Oasis has a webcam, where's your webcam ??? !!!
http://www.allureoftheseas.com/web-cam.php

josh

Postby ernierocker » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:45 pm

robbalvey wrote:Liberty and Freedom are getting Allure's cupcake store this year as well as adding an infants kids club...

Yay for the cupcake store!! Oh, and the infants kids club will come in handy for us as well!!

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:56 pm

I love all of the cruise ship trip reports here on TPR lately, this place is slowly turning into a Theme Park AND Cruise Ship Review website! Anyways this ship looks amazing, I went on my first cruise last month and have been dying to go on another one ever since (maybe I can actually remember the next one). All of the new ships from different Cruise Lines all look so amazing, the Epic, the new Celebrity ships, and these 2 new ones from RCCL. I really really like where the cruise industry is going, even though I've only been on one cruise (although TPR has turned me into an expert!) I really see my self becoming an avid cruise ship enthusiast in the future, trying to schedule another cruise this summer/fall as we speak.Now if we could only get roller coaster on a cruise ship.......

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:06 pm

Hilltopper39 wrote:I love all of the cruise ship trip reports here on TPR lately, this place is slowly turning into a Theme Park AND Cruise Ship Review website!

The funny thing is that over the last couple of years cruise ships have really started becoming a bit more like floating theme parks! The latest RCCL and Disney ships are closer to bridging that gap!

I don't think there will ever be a full scale roller coaster but I could totally see more things like zip lines, water coasters and other "attractions" getting added. Maybe a fully enclosed alpine coaster or something?

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive