Photo TR: A Different View of Dollywood

Not all in color.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Jive » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:31 pm

I love the B&W. It's a nice way to mix it up. They're great shots too.

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:23 pm

Emiroo wrote:Quick question - does Dolly post a schedule of when she plans to be at the park or does she just "show up"? I'd love to see her in person when I go...

I don't think they post any kind of schedule. My impression is that she's not there all that much (anymore). Since Dollywood doesn't have a proper new attraction opening this year, your best bet might be to aim at (or around) this: Dolly Parade.

Just my impressions from living here for the last few years. I don't claim to be an expert. But I've never seen her at Dollywood, just going randomly (but with some frequency).

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Love Black and White

Postby Mr Chris » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:34 am

Great photos. I love how no matter what a black and white photo is taken of, it makes it look so much more artsy. Great job!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby theswanz » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:43 am

Really great pictures! Nice to see a different type of picture! I was there this past weekend, I love that park!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:58 am

Black-and-white seems appropriate for Dollywood--adds to the "old timey" atmosphere.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:59 am

Chalk me up as another who likes the B&W look. Nice work.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby I love DW » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:13 am

Great photos!

Emiroo wrote:Quick question - does Dolly post a schedule of when she plans to be at the park or does she just "show up"? I'd love to see her in person when I go...

Yes and no. Yes you usually find out when she is going to be there but you will never really find out where she will be when she is there.

She will be in the Dolly Parade on the Parkway in Pigeon Forge as mentioned above at 6 p.m. on Friday May 8.

Then Dolly will then be at the park May 9th. On May 9th they have only announced one appearance yet and it is the premiere of Sha-Kon-O-Hey! at 7 p.m. Tickets and information are available on the Friends of the Smokies site here.

http://www.dollymania.net has announced that she will then again be at the park June 12 for the opening of KidsFest.

So Dolly is actually at the park several times a year each year. If you visit http://www.dollymania.net under upcoming appearances you can find out in advance, then most of the time Dollywood's website usually announces them about 5-7 days in advance.
"The Sky Is Not The Limit"

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:34 am

I think it's cool that you have shown the park in a Black and White setting. As I walk through it, my imagination allows me to gradually see it that way as well. Well, that and my photo-grey perscription glasses. But using my imagination, it slowly turns to black and white as if by magic.

But I digress! I love this park, and your pictures do it much justice. =)

Wisconsin Dells Fanatic

Postby traincrossin » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:09 pm

cfc wrote:Black-and-white seems appropriate for Dollywood--adds to the "old timey" atmosphere.

So true. Those pics of Dollywood are great!

speedmetal wrote:Ask me how many tries it took me to get this photo. Go ahead, ask.

How many tries did it take you to get that photo?
13 - Gatekeeper
14 - Millennium Force

Donkeys are my way of life!

B & W

Postby coasterbear30 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:38 pm

Thanks for posting pics in B & W. I LOVE B & W pics. They are my favorite type of pictures, drawings, paintings and tattoos! I also really like sepiatone pics too. Color is good but not as much as B & W. The color pics you did throw in there were great juxtaposed to the B & W ones!

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive