TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Another School Shooting?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's sucks that in the 21st century we still have idiots like this

I totally agree, but what sucks even worse is it's not gonna ever get any better. In many segments of today's society there is an acceleration in the disregard for the sanctity of human (and any other living creature) life. Although I think that some music and other entertainment can add fuel to the fire of an individual that is already full of hate and anger and just looking for something to destroy, I think that the majority of the fault in these cases belongs to the individual who perpetrated the act. I mean there can be contributing factors, but, at some point, before an individual acts on these impulses, they have to make a concious decision to ignore their innate sense of right and wrong.

Here's my thought.

If you rag on someone who's already stressed, (dad commited suicide, mom in hospital etc) and keep ragging on them, sooner or later, something will give.

I hate to quote Linkin Park: Everything you say to me,

I'm one step closer to the edge... i'm about to break...

maybe it's just that simple. Short fuse, or probibly more apt, long fuse with low self esteem and no control.

To me, video games are a way of venting after a bad day. Nothing quite like a trip to Vice City (GTA4) just for the violence. Of course, i'm 42. People my age just go bonkers if they work at the post office.

Me and my friends were talking about how there's a lot of growth in the amount of Neo-Nazis in Germany recently.

I have not heard about that here in Germany! Yes, we have some Neonazis, but it is a little group in the underground. I think the US or each other country also have some Neo-Nazis! We provide straight laws around these groups to banish them completely! Remember, not everyone in Germany is a Nazi! I know, Germany have a bad history, but that was 1945 and now we have 2005. I mean the most people from that time are dead.

However, I saw this story about the kid who killed 10 people at his school in the news. It is so sad. I dont understand why someone can do this.

--Soeren

Yeah, I know that a lot of this stuff gets blamed on the 'Nazi Germans', but I do believe that the US now has a bigger percentage of the neonazi crowd than Germany!

The Nazi's were bad, but again we can't blame all the Germans...like Soeren says "not all german's wear lederhosen"!

Elissa "not all American's kept slaves!" Alvey

100% agreed with Elissa and Soeren.

I have gotten the "Skinhead" thing a few times just because I have a shaved head, and am from German decent. I'm proud of my heritage, thank you very much.

I too just don't understand the mentality of somebody like that. It's idiotic. Equally as idiotic is blaming this on German's. It's the past, every country has one.

Like Elissa said, not every whitey living here has relatives who were slave owners, and not every German has relatives that were Nazi's. Remember, alot of people were Nazi's because they were forced to. I doubt there were people who were forced to be slave owners.

It's probably the Video Game Makers fault!

Elissa "some kids are just screwed up!" Alvey

I 100% disagree.

Some kids just have messed up parents. Kids dont just grow up to be this way for random reasons. Kids grow up like this because their parents shouldnt have been parents, or, as it sounds in this case, were raised by other people who didnt properly raise them.

This sort of stuff starts at home. And while I think its too far to hold the parents as accountable as say, landing them in jail, I think its enough punishment to have everyone looking at them going "what the heck did you do wrong?"

Yeah, I was being sarcastic, but I think he was referring to me blaming the child.

I agree that it's also the parents show...the whole nature/nurture debate comes up. I believe that you are mostly a product of your environment, but at the same time genetics plays a part saying how you are more dispositioned to follow your urges!

Elissa "this kid didn't even have parents!" Alvey

Well I wasnt trying to say she was wrong, she just happened to be the person I picked on, sorry there Elissa

And yes, environment and parents are what make up a child. But Parents overrule it because parents should be aware of the environment a child is in/getting into. If not, they probably arent getting enough interaction with thier children.

And like you said and I hinted too, he had no parents. More often than not grandparents cannot raise children like they should. Most of the time there seems to be a lack of dicipline probably because they feel inferior to a child, especially a high school boy who can overpower what they say and do.

Especially for a child who doesnt have any respect for anyone, counting themselves.

I agree w/ Elissa 100%.. Can't blame all the Germans anymore than we can say that all Americans are guilty of Genocide (by pretty much wiping out the Indians.) The media and public need a label for everything.

Let's call him a Neo-Nazi cuz he wrote on a few sites... They listen to Marilyn Manson, that must be why and so on and so forth.

Why the Labels? The average parent likes to think:' hmmm, my kid doesn't listen to that stuff, or read about nazi's, phhhhh, i was worried...'

Now, let's all remember one thing. why are we worried about terrorists when we need to worry about the school down the street?

billions on national security vs. School systems failing due to lack of funds...

kind of makes ya think...