Weight Management Support/Enouragement thread

it's the off season! and those new trains are small!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
2 + 2 = donkey!

Re: Weight Management Support/Enouragement thread

Postby blk_mamba » Fri May 17, 2019 7:58 am

Jason Maier wrote:Slowly dropping the weight I gained in the time after my grandfather's death :(

High at one point was 212; last time I weighed myself (I do so on Mondays) 204.

Another 15 until I'm comfortable eating out

Sorry for your loss, but congrats on the progress!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:16 pm

Despite some challenges this past week, managed to stick to my diet & exercise plan for the most part.

and weight this morning?

199.2 lbs.

So down ~19 lbs since April 1.

Ok, I realize I weighed after my walk, and before eating anything, and if I were to weigh after lunch, I'm sure it would go up a bit.

but still. . under 200 again! and only 14 lbs from where I'd like to be by Dragon*con in ~3 months. Seems very do-able!

so:
started back on plan on 4/1 at 218 lbs
1st check in was on 4/14 at 211.6 lbs
2nd check in was on 4/22 at 208.2 lbs
3rd check in was on 4/28 at 206.2 lbs
4th check in was on 5/10 at 201.8 lbs.

and today, 5/18: 199.2 lbs.

that's my status.
bert
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby bert425 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:17 pm

blk_mamba wrote:
Jason Maier wrote:Slowly dropping the weight I gained in the time after my grandfather's death :(

High at one point was 212; last time I weighed myself (I do so on Mondays) 204.

Another 15 until I'm comfortable eating out

Sorry for your loss, but congrats on the progress!

ditto for me too, Jason. Condolences on your loss, and congrats on the progress.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby blk_mamba » Sun May 19, 2019 2:41 pm

So I am excited. I went to Camden Park in WV yesterday. I didn't have to take the walk of shame one time. Although some of the rides were a tight fit! I am currently down about 38 pounds on keto. Also, I've went from a 48 to 42 waist. I went to the park in part because it is the only one in WV and I am here for another few months. But I also went as a preview to see how things would go at Dollywood next weekend. Hopefully by next week I am down 40-45 pounds!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Thu May 23, 2019 7:22 pm

Is there anyone here who partakes in the keto diet? I'm looking for some feedback from people who've given it the college try. I think it might be something I'd have a lot of success with - my cravings have always been centered around savory, fattier foods like meats, cheeses, etc, and lesser towards carbs and sweets (I don't really care for pasta, and though I like sweets, I can do without).

I've been dabbling with a very low-carb, high-fat diet for the last couple of days, but not completely "keto" (the leftovers I had from a few days ago, ground turkey w/ vegetables, had some carrots in it). I've been doing some research, but I'm trying to fight my tendency of getting overwhelmed with too much information and backing out from intimidation.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby tinaalsgirl » Thu May 23, 2019 10:10 pm

I've been doing keto. Not super-strict like some, but enough that I've lost about 35-40lbs doing it.

I have a sweet-tooth, but that's been taken care of with stuff like Coke Zero, Powerade Zero, and Orange Crush "water enhancer."

My daily goal is to be under 50g carbs for the day; I know there are others who go as low as 20g or lower for the day, but I can't manage that. I have IBS, and chicken and eggs are two of my main triggers, so it's harder for me to find recipes/food for keto that doesn't involve either of those. I don't mind cauliflower, and for a while there, I'd been eating sour cream & onion mashed cauliflower from Birds Eye, but... one night I ate more than I normally do, not thinking about the fact that garlic is listed in the ingredients, and... well.... garlic is another of my triggers. Let's just say that I can't look at or smell cauliflower without painful flashbacks now.

So, since then, I've been trying to eat stuff that's a bit simpler ingredient-wise. I'm also autistic, so I will/can eat the same meals every day for several months in a row. So, for the last half a year or so, my keto diet has been a pepperoni pizza lunchable for lunch and a quesadilla for dinner. LOL

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Fri May 24, 2019 12:05 pm

^ Cool, thanks for the input. Part of my trepidation stems from the fact that I had my gallbladder taken out earlier this year, so I can no longer digest fats as effectively. I've found some articles on modifications for us gallbladderless folk, and that's helped reassure things. I really want to give this a shot, but my digestive issues have, uh... shown... in the last couple days of trying it out, so I'm gonna have to really take these modifications seriously.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby bert425 » Sun May 26, 2019 2:47 pm

most days this week involved eating leftovers from going out to dinner, or actually going out to dinner.

for example, my Fajita dinner on Sunday, lasted me thru Monday/Tues/Wed lunch too. . . so even tho not eating "great", at least I'm only eating a portion of my restaurant meal (tho it would be best if I DIDN'T eat out).

I *did* continue to exercise daily, and at least trending in the correct direction. . but would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that in 8 days, only dropped 1 lb.

but at least I'm at 20lbs lost exactly, and going in the correct direction:

so:
started back on plan on 4/1 at 218 lbs
1st check in was on 4/14 at 211.6 lbs
2nd check in was on 4/22 at 208.2 lbs
3rd check in was on 4/28 at 206.2 lbs
4th check in was on 5/10 at 201.8 lbs.
5th check in was on 5/18: 199.2 lbs.

and today, 5/26: 198 lbs.

that's my status.
bert

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby tinaalsgirl » Sun May 26, 2019 4:35 pm

Honestly, that's good! I've read many times that the healthiest weight loss is only 1-2 lbs a week, and that slow loss is easier to maintain than really quick 10+ lb/week losses.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Topazy » Mon May 27, 2019 6:06 am

No matter which weight loss program or plan you consider, it’s you who is primarily responsible for making the plan or program work. You see, with any type of weight loss plan, you need to adhere to some specific guidelines such as what to eat, when to eat, when to exercise, what to avoid and etc. The reason why so many weight loss plans don’t provide great results because people tend to take them for granted. Adhering to the guidelines the foremost thing to do when trying to follow something.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random