Weight Management Support/Enouragement thread

it's the off season! and those new trains are small!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
2 + 2 = donkey!

Re: Weight Management Support/Enouragement thread

Postby blk_mamba » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:11 pm

I am also on Keto. I've been going strong for 50 days and I am down 30 pounds! I am so excited. For the first time in years I have a 2 in front of my weight. I am going to keep it up through the summer and hopefully by August I can fit on Fury 325!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:23 pm

^ congrats!!!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sun May 05, 2019 2:33 pm

^^ agreed congrats!

as to me:
it's been a difficult week for me in terms of staying on plan, as I went to see Avengers at Alamo Drafthouse, and way overdid it with Thanos Burger (double meat patty with several types of cheese), and a Salted Caramel milkshake.

I mean, it could have been worse - I did swap out the fries for fruit, and drank water instead of soda/tea.

but that was on Wed - then on Friday, we had a company celebration, where i tried to stick to proteins (shrimp, tuna/salmon bites, Roast Beef) and veggies..but did give in and have a slice of cake and a cupcake on top of it.

then yesterday, we met up with friends who have birthdays between mine and yesterday, and we ended up at Serrano's for Mexican food (on Cinco de Star Wars, instead of today :P ). . . so ate too many chips, and had a Mexican Martini.
(but at least ordered chicken / pork fajitas and only ate 1/2 (the other 1/2 will be for lunch tomorrow), and again, drank water.

so it's not really the issue of what I'm eating, but rather the quantity of it.. I ate way more of the Serranos food than I should of, even with taking 1/2 home, as I was full but kept eating.

avoiding the scale until next weekend to not make myself crazy.

and looking on the bright side:

1) I DID stick to my "no sodas" rule, only drinking water, even when out (and even tho I had a milkshake and a cocktail during the week. .at least no soda). Technically I stuck to the "no fast food" rule too, as even tho I had a burger, it was at a restaurant, not a drive thru.

2) I DID stick with my exercise, so every day, I still did between 45-1:05 minute walk (either outside or on treadmill)

3) checking my blood pressure today at the Grocery Store, it came in at 117/76. . .so not only "normal" as considered standard, but also well under the 140/100 my Doctor wants me to stay under. This is without any BP meds, that I've been off of for almost 3 years at this point.

so I guess it's been a "win" week, even tho I feel hugely fat.

:)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby bert425 » Fri May 10, 2019 12:32 pm

Ok.. got on the scale today, since heading to Houston to visit my Dad (who's recovering from shoulder surgery on Wednesday, and already had to be moved to a solo room, closer to the Nurses' station in the rehab center, since he's still very confused and is wandering up and down the hallways naked. . . oy)

so expecting I'll be eating way off plan for the weekend.

but:

started back on plan on 4/1 at 218
1st check in was on 4/14 at 211.6
2nd check in was on 4/22 at 208.2
3rd check in was on 4/28 at 206.2
(followed by a week of "bad" eating, including a double hamburger at Avengers. . so waited until today to do next weigh in).

and today, 5/10, came in at: 201.8 lbs.

so a loss of 16.2 lbs in 6 weeks. I'm pleased with that, tho cannot wait to be in the 190's and hopefully can manage that by end of May!

that's my status.
bert
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby tinaalsgirl » Fri May 10, 2019 1:54 pm

I'm still on a plateau; I've been cheating for way too long (it started with the holidays, then things got super stressful in our family, so it has continued....).

However, all my bloodwork came back perfect, so that's good. Got a tilt table exam and echocardiogram scheduled next week. Hopefully everything turns out okay; I've been having this weird feeling whenever I stand up from sitting where I can feel one of my veins in my neck pumping so hard it feels like it's closing my airway and I end up catching my breath. Really weird, so gotta get that figured out.

At least my blood pressure was excellent (120/88)... I'm just extra worried about my health 'cause my grandma had a massive stroke in late February, and it was because her blood pressure went so high (she was freaking out about trying to get her house cleaned up for my grandpa to come home from rehab after he broke his hip and had to have surgery).....

And I asked my mom about what year it was my grandma had her first stroke, and when my mom told me, I did the calculations for the first time in my life and realized she was only a year or so older than I am currently when she had her stroke. And that was a stress-caused one, too.

So, I'm trying my best to keep up on taking my pills (for anxiety and depression, amongst others) and just allowing myself to cheat on my "diet" because I feel like I need it right now to just be able to chill.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby blk_mamba » Thu May 16, 2019 7:31 am

bert425 wrote:Ok.. got on the scale today, since heading to Houston to visit my Dad (who's recovering from shoulder surgery on Wednesday, and already had to be moved to a solo room, closer to the Nurses' station in the rehab center, since he's still very confused and is wandering up and down the hallways naked. . . oy)

so expecting I'll be eating way off plan for the weekend.

but:

started back on plan on 4/1 at 218
1st check in was on 4/14 at 211.6
2nd check in was on 4/22 at 208.2
3rd check in was on 4/28 at 206.2
(followed by a week of "bad" eating, including a double hamburger at Avengers. . so waited until today to do next weigh in).

and today, 5/10, came in at: 201.8 lbs.

so a loss of 16.2 lbs in 6 weeks. I'm pleased with that, tho cannot wait to be in the 190's and hopefully can manage that by end of May!

that's my status.
bert

That is awesome man! Congrats! You are in prime coaster riding condition! The next step is to lose 1.9 pounds so you can see that 1 in front of you weight!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby blk_mamba » Thu May 16, 2019 7:32 am

tinaalsgirl wrote:I'm still on a plateau; I've been cheating for way too long (it started with the holidays, then things got super stressful in our family, so it has continued....).

However, all my bloodwork came back perfect, so that's good. Got a tilt table exam and echocardiogram scheduled next week. Hopefully everything turns out okay; I've been having this weird feeling whenever I stand up from sitting where I can feel one of my veins in my neck pumping so hard it feels like it's closing my airway and I end up catching my breath. Really weird, so gotta get that figured out.

At least my blood pressure was excellent (120/88)... I'm just extra worried about my health 'cause my grandma had a massive stroke in late February, and it was because her blood pressure went so high (she was freaking out about trying to get her house cleaned up for my grandpa to come home from rehab after he broke his hip and had to have surgery).....

And I asked my mom about what year it was my grandma had her first stroke, and when my mom told me, I did the calculations for the first time in my life and realized she was only a year or so older than I am currently when she had her stroke. And that was a stress-caused one, too.

So, I'm trying my best to keep up on taking my pills (for anxiety and depression, amongst others) and just allowing myself to cheat on my "diet" because I feel like I need it right now to just be able to chill.

We all slip up. Weight loss is not easy. When you slip up own it, but don't dwell on it and move on. I am on Keto and I slip up. Once I do I own it and try to get on my diet.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Jason Maier » Thu May 16, 2019 2:03 pm

Slowly dropping the weight I gained in the time after my grandfather's death :(

High at one point was 212; last time I weighed myself (I do so on Mondays) 204.

Another 15 until I'm comfortable eating out

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby tinaalsgirl » Thu May 16, 2019 4:42 pm

So, they weren't able to recreate my symptoms during the tilt table test, but my blood pressure kept skyrocketing while doing it. And then my echo came back okay except my left ventricle "ejection fraction" is in the 50-55% range when it's best if it's above 55%, so I have an appt with a cardiologist at the beginning of June. I just hope that when all these tests and appointments are over, the outcome will be that I am still able to ride rides, 'cause it would be super devastating to be told I have to skip coasters and stuff....

Postby bert425 » Fri May 17, 2019 6:37 am

tinaalsgirl wrote:So, they weren't able to recreate my symptoms during the tilt table test, but my blood pressure kept skyrocketing while doing it. And then my echo came back okay except my left ventricle "ejection fraction" is in the 50-55% range when it's best if it's above 55%, so I have an appt with a cardiologist at the beginning of June. I just hope that when all these tests and appointments are over, the outcome will be that I am still able to ride rides, 'cause it would be super devastating to be told I have to skip coasters and stuff....

best of luck on the tests - I really hope all comes out ok, and you get the all clear!

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random