TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weight Management Support/Enouragement thread

bert425

Just thought it might be a fun idea to start a thread for encouragement and support for those who want to manage their weight to get ready for the 2018 season . . it's a new year, and many parks aren't open yet, so perfect time to start working on ourselves.

(I saw a Weight Loss thread from 2010, but that seemed to be about fad diets, and wasn't the kind of thing I was thinking of. . . more the kind of "accountability" thread, where we can share ideas, and encourage one another.. .if anyone is interested in participating of course).

I had slowly crept up pretty heavy a few years back as I was getting older. I still "fit" in every coaster, tho sometimes "stapling" was needed, and I preferred the "big boy" seats.

looking back at the pics from BGW in 2015, I realize I was almost 250lbs, and was on two Blood Pressure Meds, and a Cholesterol Med.

DSC00010.thumb.JPG.75e49dd81d2b17825d4e7416974f6ea1.JPG

At BGW

I hated having to be on the medications, and my Doctor had been after me for a while to drop some weight. Nothing really got me motivated, until one of my friends told me at Dragon*con one year:

"you're still thin from behind. . it's not until you turn around that you see the big belly"

my 1st response was: "screw you"

my 2nd response was to look at the BGW pictures (from a month earlier) and decide she was right, and started a diet/exercise program that I could stick to.

With my medical limitations, certain exercises are not available to me, but I CAN walk, so took that on as my exercise of choice, and over the next year, I dropped ~75 lbs, and by the time we got married in 2016, I was down to ~175lbs, and my Doctor has taken me off all of my medications.

12540530_958863947536457_2295550048710868732_n.jpg.3c53e18abd4484c127fdfbc8702853b1.jpg

I maintained that weight for all of 2016. . but then my Mom passed in early 2017 (and the month leading up to her death, with so many trips back and forth to Houston really threw me off my program). It took me months to recover to try and get back on track, but was getting it, and maintaining a slight gain of 10-12 lbs. . . and then I had to put my Dog down on Nov. 1, 2017 and spiraled out of control.

I knew I had gained, and suddenly, clothes I had worn at Cedar Point in June 2017 no longer fit. which added to the depression over losing the dog, which made me want to eat.

but when New Year's rolled around, I said to myself:

"I'm going on Roller Coasters in 2018, and I don't even want to stop to look at the Test Seat, I need to get back on track"

so made it my N.Y. Resolution, and got on the scale on Jan 1, to weigh in and came in at 202 lbs. A gain of 27lbs from my lowest

but that was the kick in the butt I needed, and except for a couple of slip days, I've managed to stick to it, and am losing 2~3 lbs a week.

as of yesterday was 192.4lbs (so down ~10 lbs).

my ultimate goal is to be 180, or so, by the time most places open for the season.

so figured others might be in a similar situation where working on weight management, and might want a place to talk about what you're doing, what your goal is, post progress. . or just talk about it.

hence. . .starting this thread.

hope others want to participate, but I'm going to try to stay accountable, and update here every Sat. after I "weigh in".

best,

bert

Late last year, I finally got in to be tested for PCOS (PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome), and sure enough, I've got it. So my OBGYN put me on Spironolactone and Metformin. The Spiro is to help slow down my excessive facial hair growth and acne, and the Metformin to prevent me from developing diabetes, which is very common for PCOS sufferers. He had to take me off the Metformin because my IBS made the side effects even worse than for others (my mom's on Metformin and not having any side effects). So, instead of taking the Metformin, he told me to do a food diary and bring it with me the next time I saw him. That was the start of my journey to a healthier eating style.

I've completely cut sodas out of my life (except for the occasional no-sugar soda, but it's very occasional because very few diet sodas taste good to me). Instead of hydrating myself with four 16.9oz bottles of Lipton Citrus Green Tea each day, I'm now drinking Nestle Pure Life water (I can't handle my town's tap; I can't wait to move back to Independence, MO, where the tap tastes SO good) and supplementing with Powerade Zero.

Instead of eating Hot Pockets and Totino's pizza rolls, I'm eating a simple sandwich for lunch and then either a bowl of lower-sugar cereal for dinner, or whatever my mom's made, depending on if it's something I like. We're gonna start adding cauliflower and broccoli to my menu; I tried a frozen mashed cauliflower dinner the other day and it was REALLY good.

So, basically, the aim is to consume so few carbs a day that my body starts producing ketones and burning fat instead of carbs. Also, the Spiro also works as a diuretic and helps lower blood pressure.

So, with all these changes, I've gone from 275-ish to 250. I'm now officially below the weight I was when I started at college in 2009. I've even had to buy a new package of underwear because I needed a size smaller! And my blood pressure is excellent, and yeah.

Now I've just gotta get back in touch with my rheumatologist to figure out a solution to my fibromyalgia pain. She put me on Lyrica, but it spiked my blood pressure and pulse and caused super painful edema in my legs, so my PCP took me off it.

I'll check in my weight whenever I get weighed at either my PCP or my obgyn; that's basically the only time I weigh. My mom's scales here at home just don't work as well as the doctor's scales.

Hope things continue to improve for you!

25 lbs just mainly from changing eating habits is great, so congrats on sticking with the healthier options.

I too cut out all sodas a couple of years ago (except for the occasional "coke" portion of a Crown and Coke ).

I know some folks like to weigh every day , or every other day, but since I know weight fluctuates that would make me crazy. So instead I only weigh once a week.

I do stick only with my home scale, since as you noted, different scales weigh differently. So by tracking on my home scale, I can get a lbs total (up or down) and know even if the overall weight is going to be different at check-ups, I still have an idea of total weight gain/loss.

sorry you're struggling/surviving with medical issues, and I hope they can get your pain under control!

best,

bert

Mr. Bert . . . . at my worst I was 291 pounds wearing XXL shirts and pants.

I got treatment at Physician's Weight Loss in Columbia, MD. Fat burning injections, eating healthier, counseling, etc. has brought me down to around 190 (I want to stay around 185-190). I weight in on Mondays . . .

I don't really go out to eat much anymore . . . but I still like my theme park foods. I also drink more water (I try to aim for at least a gallon a day) and rarely soda or fruit juices. I also do a cycling class every day I can at my gym . . . and I eat a lot of veggies.

Mr. Bert . . . . at my worst I was 291 pounds wearing XXL shirts and pants.

I got treatment at Physician's Weight Loss in Columbia, MD. Fat burning injections, eating healthier, counseling, etc. has brought me down to around 190 (I want to stay around 185-190). I weight in on Mondays . . .

I don't really go out to eat much anymore . . . but I still like my theme park foods. I also drink more water (I try to aim for at least a gallon a day) and rarely soda or fruit juices. I also do a cycling class every day I can at my gym . . . and I eat a lot of veggies.

Congrats on the weight loss, and maintaining.

personally, I woudln't do the fat burning injection option, but glad to see that helped for you, and that you changed your eating habits to try to do healthier

I eat a lot of fruit/veggies too. . trying to get my metabolism kick started again.

once Jan ends, I'll go back to walking every other day, instead of every day. . . . I only need to drop ~15 lbs to be back to the weight I want to maintain.

I like this thread! I need this right now.

My weight bounces all around because I am really good at losing it if I put my mind to it, however I love beer and ice cream. I know its just a matter of self control. I don't believe in diets but do use the MyFitnessPal app to track calories and basically just create a calorie deficit and stay more active - whether its biking on the weekends/evenings, running/jogging in the morning, or after work hopping off the subway early and power-walking the last 2 miles. The main issue is the weather here sucks and is not exactly motivating me to get out of the house.

Right now I'm definitely not at my heaviest but I could certainly lose a bit before the season starts so that's my goal right now - to lose about 20-25 lbs so I don't have to be stapled. I don't have many issues except for B&M OTSRs. I'm just starting a personal 50 day challenge to cut portion sizes down, eat a ton of veggies, chug tons of water and green tea, keep the walking and biking up and see how much I can lose before opening weekend in March. I know if I stick to it, it will melt off, as usual. Hoping this thread keeps me motivated!

I like this thread! I need this right now.

My weight bounces all around because I am really good at losing it if I put my mind to it, however I love beer and ice cream. I know its just a matter of self control. I don't believe in diets but do use the MyFitnessPal app to track calories and basically just create a calorie deficit and stay more active - whether its biking on the weekends/evenings, running/jogging in the morning, or after work hopping off the subway early and power-walking the last 2 miles. The main issue is the weather here sucks and is not exactly motivating me to get out of the house.

Right now I'm definitely not at my heaviest but I could certainly lose a bit before the season starts so that's my goal right now - to lose about 20-25 lbs so I don't have to be stapled. I don't have many issues except for B&M OTSRs. I'm just starting a personal 50 day challenge to cut portion sizes down, eat a ton of veggies, chug tons of water and green tea, keep the walking and biking up and see how much I can lose before opening weekend in March. I know if I stick to it, it will melt off, as usual. Hoping this thread keeps me motivated!

glad to have you!

it's good to have an "end date" to help drive too.. . so that's why I decided before parks open (tho it's early March here in Texas for SFFT and SFoT).

my challenge is not only to get back to my goal .. or at least near it at 180lbs. . but to maintain that.

for the moment, I'm still walking every day for at least an hour, but in Feb (so in 2 days), I'll ease off a bit, and go back to every other day.

controlling the eating has been the bigger challenge thus far, but i'm forcing myself to make time to get the exercise in! And even when nasty, I've been getting out and doing my walk, even if it means bundling up in multiple layers or walking with an umbrella.

luckily, I'm just a light social drinker, so I don't have the 'beer' issue

my weight this morning, was exactly the same as last week: 192.4 lbs.

trying not to get discouraged, because i maintained. . but after two weeks of losing ~3.5 lbs each time, I'm at a loss for why I didn't drop anything.

I mean, yeah, I had a really really rich Anniversary meal a week ago (Last Sat), and I did have Sushi and Indian food (chicken kabob and veggies) during the week, so maybe the Rice/sodium are causing me to retain water?

but it's frustrating as I exercised an hour *every day* over the past week

so yeah, trying not to be discouraged, but I wish I had gone down even 1lb in the past week.

we're going to the movies and out to dinner later, but at least I did an hour walk already this morning.

So... I was a bit weary of posting in here. Mainly because my weight frustrations are a bit different than most peoples.

My entire life I have been really... REALLY skinny. I was always made fun of in school for being tall and skinny... How skinny you may ask? Well, the majority of my adult life I have been 6'4" and 120 pounds. Very... VERY underweight for my height. I use to look in the mirror and was rather disgusted at what I saw... I was so thin you could see my ribs when I lifted my shirt. Like, you could seriously rub mud on my face and I could have done one of those "feed the children" commercials. I tried EVERYTHING I could think of to try and gain weight. No matter what I ate, or how lazy I tried to be I couldn't gain an ounce. After countless doctor visits it was determined that I just had an abnormally fast metabolism, and that it would "probably" slow down as I got older.

Well 4 years ago I met my now soon to be husband... and I was skin and bones... I STILL hated the way I looked. Fast forward 4 years... I have NO idea what happened but *BAM* I'm almost 160!!! YAY!!! Finally closer to a weight that I needed/wanted to be at!! The only problem is it seems like the entire 40 pounds I had gained was in my stomach. For the first time in my life I had a beer belly!! Expect... I don't drink beer! So then given how skinny the rest of my body was, yet I had this stomach that made me ALWAYS look like I was about 8 months pregnant... I REALLY looked like I belonged on a feed the children commercial.

So last April we joined a local gym and planned to go a few times a week... Which was great... It worked for all of a month. Then we fizzled out... and didn't really care to keep going. . . Day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day I would look down and be annoyed that while sure I had gained weight... It was all in my stomach... and it was VERY non-attractive. So in November of 2017 my partner and I agreed to make a "New Years Resolution." We planned to go to the gym EVERY SINGLE DAY in 2018!! I know, I know... Most people fail their New Years Resolutions. . . So sadly going into it I didn't have very high hopes.

Well, here we are 1 month and 8 days later... and we have managed to STICK WITH our New Years Resolution. We have been to the gym every single day since January 1st!! We met with a trainer and went over our goals, and they laid out a workout plan for us. Was it hard starting out?? Of freaking course! I didn't want to go every day, yet my partner still drug me in anyway. . . Sure it has only been 38(ish) days, but I'm starting to notice a change in my body!! Not so much in weight when I step on the scale, but more so in how my clothes fit, and how my body looks. My stomach is going away, and my pecs are growing. My upper abs are now noticeable (and not in an un-healthy kind of way) My arms are getting larger, and my legs are getting larger!

I thought "Oh this isn't so bad. We are getting the hang of this!" And that's when our trainer brought up "diet." I'm sitting here thinking boy you must be crazy as hell. I'm already thin enough... I'm just now gaining muscle, and you want me to go on a diet??!! Which is when I learned that a "diet" doesn't mean you are trying to lose weight. It just means you area watching what you are eating.

HOLY CRAP!! The diet has been the hardest part. We were use to sitting around the house and munching on a bag of chips, or snacking here and there... But nope, not any more. We aren't even allowed to have chips or snack food in the house now. That being said, we have started cooking a lot more meals at home which is nice! It gives us time with each other that we didn't usually have!

As time has gone by the diet has become a bit easier, and the gym has just become part of life. We are both committed to sticking to both the gym and diet. Again, I was a bit hesitant to post this because I didn't want it to come across wrong... But I'm sure once you've read this you'll understand where I'm coming from!! I look forward to following this thread, and encouraging others with their goals too!!

welcome to the string.

I purposely called it "weight Management" rather than "weight loss" or "diet" thread, as I didn't want it to just have input from those that wanted to lose weight.

Maintaining a healthy weight is hard to do (whether one needs to lose OR gain weight to be at a healthy weight), and everyone can always use encouragement

I'm still doing my hour + walk every day (today I did 30 minutes on treadmill at work, then 50 minute walk when I got home). . but soon - likely in the next week, I'll cut back to every other day.

so don't be disappointed in yourself if you don't go to the gym EVERY day. . the US recommendation I have heard is 2 1/2 hours of hard exercise (raising one's heartrate for extended periods) per week. So that's a 1/2 hour 5 times a week.

So I'm happy I'm getting more than that, and still will be if I cut back to every other day.

stuck with my exercise every day since last week, and this morning weighed in at: 190.2 lbs. . so a loss of 2.2 lbs since last week (and over total 2 weeks).

so what? I'll take it.

of course, after I weighed myself, went to see "Thor: Ragnarok" at discount theater (liked it but has "tone" issues, and is not near as cute or funny as it thinks it is), and then met up with friends at Pinballz to play pinball, skeeball, and all kinds of games.

unfortunately, they have a great bar in the center of the location we went to with *really* good food, so I ended up ordering (after not eating anything all day but banana and some cantaloupe), Pepperoni roll appetizer, cheese fries (with guac/sour cream), and Texas burger (BBQ sauce, onion rings on it, and a side of tater tots).

now I DID:

1) only eat 1/2 the burger (cut it in half right away)

2) only eat 2 of the 4 pepperoni rolls

3) only snack on the cheese fries

and took remaining food home for lunch tomorrow

AND

4) did a 47 minute walk in the cold, nasty, weather when I got home. . .

tho I'm sure that walk didn't even make a dent in the calorie intake, but at least I DID a walk.

so I guess I'll count the above as a win, even tho I know the upcoming week is gonna be rough with Valentine's Day and a box of chocolate coming on Wed

all in all? I'm down ~9 lbs since 1/13/18 weight of 198.8

Good thread. I think I will be joining this as seeing the pictures from the Disney trip with how big I have gotten has put me down but motivated me. Up until May last year I had spent over a year working towards a Marathon. I ran a half with the intentions of doing the full this year. The half beat me up. if you don't know about it check out the Flying Pig Marathon Cincinnati puts on it is brutal because of the hills. anyway it took about a month before my hip felt right again and due to some injuries and illness before the race I had got off track and rushed things at the end. Even with all of that I barely dropped below 250 but I was fine with it as obviously I was a doing good with my running.

Right before Disney I checked my weight and was at 285. Holy hell this has gotten bad. Since we got back I started my running routine again and have this week started correcting my eating fully. I have dropped about 5 pounds since we got back which is whatever the long term goal is what matters. I want to be at 250 by the time I got to Cedar Point and do the 5k with my wife. That way I will fit on everything but Wicked Twister. The ultimate goal is 210 and running the full marathon the first weekend of May 2019.

I'm a big guy around 6'2" and 370 pounds. I'm starting to watch my food intake and trying to exercise. Obviously it'a hard changing years of bad habits. I like the idea of this thread to help with accountability.

I was wondering if this site had information on rides and the ability of us bigger guys (& gals) being able to fit? I know some rides have "big boy" seats. Is there any information on which rides have them and how to go about getting them? How about a list of rides where we can fit without embarrassement?

Finally, I saw some posts about 'stapling" in a ride. What does that mean?

Thanks!

Been a busy past few days, so delayed updating but I DID weigh in on Sat (sticking to that regardless), and once again, *exactly* the same weight as I was a week earlier: 190.2 lbs.

so although maintained, was very hard not to get discouraged, since I continued my exercise (every freaking day), and had eaten healthy despite Valentine's Day piece of chocolate during last week.

so yeah, that was Sat morning, and then despite telling myself over and over: don't get discouraged, fell *hard* off the wagon.

as noted, was a very busy weekend, and just wasn't able to squeeze in any exercise (which really at the end of the day is an excuse, as despite how busy I've been I've always managed to squeeze in SOME exercise). But not Sat or Sunday.

and on Sat, ended up eating Sushi for lunch (sugar in rice, fat in spicy mayo, and sodium all over place). . then out clubbing that evening-- and tho I SUPPOSE you can call dancing "exercise" -- the alcohol consumed during the night kind of tanks that. . . especially since at 1am we ate Chicken nugget sandwiches/fries/coleslaw at the pub across the street from the club we were at.

first time I've done that in YEARS. . . .(get buzzed and eat so late before heading home to sleep).

Then on Sunday tied up all day with the Cirque Du Soliel ice show, followed by Burgers/onion rings/chili cheese fries (a great local chain called "Mighty Fine Burgers"), and I even ended up drinking fountain drink soda I had asked for a cup for water, and she charged us the $2.50 fountain drink price. . . so since we had paid, I just went ahead and drank soda.

I know. .it's all a mental thing.

the positive, since I'm not updating until Tues, is that I DID take the opportunity of "fresh week" to get back on plan, and exercised yesterday, and am back to eating healthy, and only drinking water.

So back on plan, and we shall see if I can make any progress by next Sat, or if the weekend slip will cause me to gain any.

hope y'all are doing better than I did this past weekend!

bert

^ You're not the only one who "fell off the wagon" this weekend. . .

We had be doing so good eating healthy, and going to the gym... But this past weekend I wasn't feeling very good... So I wasn't in the mood to be all "healthy eating" so we butchered our diet...

We did keep going to the gym, but I wasn't pushing myself hard enough at the gym... (Mainly because I wasn't feeling well) So I guess I let us get lazy diet wise this weekend, and now we are paying for it. I feel like we have to work twice as hard to get back to where we were before this mishap. Lesson learned, and I wont let it happen again! Gotta stay focused!

Hope you all have a better week this week than the weekend we had previously!

Late posting (again), but despite struggles this week, for the most part I've managed to stick to my healthier foods.

and I DID stick to my exercise, still doing every day, at least for a few more days so I'll finish off Feb exercising almost every day for about an hour.

as noted, some struggles, and some poor choices to start out the week (that burger I mentioned last Sunday). . but I went out dancing on Sat night (after doing a 1 1/2 hour walk just in case I wasn't feeling the music). . ended up not being an issue as the music at Retro-Rage was great, and I danced for a little over 3 1/2 hours non-stop.

when I weighed myself Sunday morning, I was at 187.8 lbs

so only down 2.4lbs in the past two weeks, but at least trending in the direction I want to go in. . AND I'm back below 190! (which is the first time since mid last year).

so only ~13 lbs higher than the lowest I've gotten to, but more importantly, only 8 lbs away from the goal weight I want to maintain, 180.

So I'm in a great mood, and proud of myself. . now just need to keep it up.

^ You're not the only one who "fell off the wagon" this weekend. . .

We had be doing so good eating healthy, and going to the gym... But this past weekend I wasn't feeling very good... So I wasn't in the mood to be all "healthy eating" so we butchered our diet...

We did keep going to the gym, but I wasn't pushing myself hard enough at the gym... (Mainly because I wasn't feeling well) So I guess I let us get lazy diet wise this weekend, and now we are paying for it. I feel like we have to work twice as hard to get back to where we were before this mishap. Lesson learned, and I wont let it happen again! Gotta stay focused!

Hope you all have a better week this week than the weekend we had previously!

the important thing is that you stuck with it.. yeah, it feels like you didn't work out as much as you *should* have. . but the point is, you stuck with your routine!

that's what I do to psych myself up on days where i just don't feel like doing my walk, or am too busy. I do 40 minutes, or 30 minutes. .because at least it's something, and it 's better than not doing anything.

Checking in here as well!

I went hard for weight loss in 2016 after a humiliating near-walk-of-shame on Batman during HITP -- I was worried I'd have to get off, thankfully my friend got up to help me out and helped push the OTSRs down, but it still took both him and a ride op to get me buckled in. It was quite literally the tightest I've ever been in a coaster at the time, and I didn't feel good about it. When I weighed myself afterwards, I came in just a touch over 280. Yeah... not good. So I ended up doing what several others have already mentioned -- starting a steady routine of walking at least 10,000 steps every day if not more, and counting calories using the MyFitnessPal app to try and make sure I am taking in less than I'm burning off. Around this time, too, Pokemon Go became really big and I used that as a distraction/motivation to keep me out there walking around on a daily basis. It worked for me and I ended up dropping down from 280 to 225 at my lowest. I went from wearing pants with a 44" waist and a belt that was on its last notch to buying new pants at a 40" waist and using holes on my belts that I hadn't ever used before. Rides where I used to be stapled suddenly felt more free and fun, and I wasn't worried about any potential walk-of-shames.

Then, late in the year, my mother passed away. And the routine that I had stuck to for months kind of fell by the wayside. I started eating more and making less choices. I didn't walk nearly as much if at all. The weight started going back on. It was just a few months ago where I noticed that these 40" waist pants were feeling tighter and tighter, and I didn't like it. I wasn't happy with my body.

This is going to sound silly, especially since I'm not a die-hard sports fan, but the turning point was during this year's Super Bowl. After witnessing the Eagles win the big game, I said to myself... "if the Eagles can win, then I can get down under 200 pounds by the end of the year." Since then, I've been going back to my previous routine which worked for me. Weighed in that first Monday after the game at 253 lbs. In just a few short weeks, I'm down to 246, and I'm planning on keeping it up as much as possible -- even more so now that Spring is coming and this cold, crappy weather is finally dissipating. Fingers crossed!

I was around 215. At 5' 8", that's getting pretty heavy. I was diagnosed with diabetes in 2016 after going into a diabetic coma while driving and having a rollover accident that somehow didn't take my left arm. A1C was 10.3. I went on 1000mg of metformin a day, completely changed my diet, and started walking around 25 miles a week.

Fast forward to 6 months later, I was 155, A1C was 5.3 (non-diabetic level). I was actually looking a bit gaunt at that time, so I eased up a bit on the extreme diet.

Now, I am around 170 lbs. I haven't taken metformin since November 2017 and blood sugar levels are normal. I kinda miss bread, rice, potatoes, pasta, and ice cream. But I have adapted and learned to cook a lot of healthy dishes that are really tasty. I picked up a second job on the weekends that keeps me on my feet for as much as 13 hours a shift. And helps me afford platinum passes and trips.

What really motivated me was the realization that if I didn't do something, I could lose limbs, eyesight, and be at risk for heart disease and even death. There's way too many coasters I haven't ridden yet for me to allow that to happen.

Hey guys! Glad to hear of others making moves, its encouraging.

I'm still at it, but haven't been super focused until this last week and a half. I had mostly stopped drinking (sorry if yall been missing me in the beer thread - I got nothing to post!) after Christmas and have been slowly working on changing my diet. Jeans feeling looser. Not weighing myself but loosely counting calories (not using the app, just off memory) and have been sticking with a diet of lots and lots of plants. I feel like all I eat are plants. But I feel better overall. Making conscious effort to know when I'm actually hungry or just feel like munching. Lots of water. When I get a little munchies going on I chug water or drink tea. Wasn't active much until last week and have walked 2 miles every day (but Sunday when I stayed in and worked around the house) since then. Half of the walk is slightly uphill. Since I'm walking home from work at the end of the day I'm hustling and even with our mildly cold temps I come in the house sweating my ass off. Adding more protein into the diet now that I've been walking - jerky, eggs, chicken, snacking on plain yogurt, etc. Its more important to me that I'm eating well and feeling good, not just that I'm dropping pounds. I'm not killing myself with the numbers game, just doing what works and it seems to be.

Still at it and hope to look thinner in my first trip report of 2018!

Everyone keep it up!

Honestly I'm kind of worried for Steel Vengeance and El Toro. I'm a tight fit on RMC's and Toro normally, but in October I took a walk of shame at California's Great America on their invert. And almost didn't make a few other rides. Also during Halloween time, Millennium Force was tough. My weight was at an all time high around then, probably 255-260. I've been going to the doctor a lot lately and my weigh ins have still been hovering around 250. Running out of time to eat better, just been super stressed at work and just can't kick the habit of how much I eat. During spring and summer I do a ton of walking, but Winters in Buffalo it is tough for me to be active. Ugh.

Need to get it in my brain that I'm going to be taking more walks of shame if I don't really make a consious effort to make some lifestyle changes.

yes, glad to see others participating.

keep it up everyone, even if we slip, if we talk about our goals. . . we can help support each other in reaching them!

I'm going to be back at Kings Dominion this summer (for the 1st time since 2015). . and this pic is just going to be a memory (I fit, but it wasn't comfortable)

IMG_1545.thumb.JPG.a82b476fd6230a1f4d2364c8e8b149d3.JPG

Everyone keep it up!

Honestly I'm kind of worried for Steel Vengeance and El Toro. I'm a tight fit on RMC's and Toro normally, but in October I took a walk of shame at California's Great America on their invert. And almost didn't make a few other rides. Also during Halloween time, Millennium Force was tough. My weight was at an all time high around then, probably 255-260. I've been going to the doctor a lot lately and my weigh ins have still been hovering around 250. Running out of time to eat better, just been super stressed at work and just can't kick the habit of how much I eat. During spring and summer I do a ton of walking, but Winters in Buffalo it is tough for me to be active. Ugh.

Need to get it in my brain that I'm going to be taking more walks of shame if I don't really make a consious effort to make some lifestyle changes.

what works for me, is I buy the pre-cut fruit bowls at the supermarket, and then I snack on those.

I try to eat every 2-3 hours, which helps control the cravings, and then by doing the cut pineapple, cantaloupe, watermelon, etc. . I'm eating healthier choices.

Checking in here as well!

I went hard for weight loss in 2016 after a humiliating near-walk-of-shame on Batman during HITP -- I was worried I'd have to get off, thankfully my friend got up to help me out and helped push the OTSRs down, but it still took both him and a ride op to get me buckled in. It was quite literally the tightest I've ever been in a coaster at the time, and I didn't feel good about it. When I weighed myself afterwards, I came in just a touch over 280. Yeah... not good. So I ended up doing what several others have already mentioned -- starting a steady routine of walking at least 10,000 steps every day if not more, and counting calories using the MyFitnessPal app to try and make sure I am taking in less than I'm burning off. Around this time, too, Pokemon Go became really big and I used that as a distraction/motivation to keep me out there walking around on a daily basis. It worked for me and I ended up dropping down from 280 to 225 at my lowest. I went from wearing pants with a 44" waist and a belt that was on its last notch to buying new pants at a 40" waist and using holes on my belts that I hadn't ever used before. Rides where I used to be stapled suddenly felt more free and fun, and I wasn't worried about any potential walk-of-shames.

Then, late in the year, my mother passed away. And the routine that I had stuck to for months kind of fell by the wayside. I started eating more and making less choices. I didn't walk nearly as much if at all. The weight started going back on. It was just a few months ago where I noticed that these 40" waist pants were feeling tighter and tighter, and I didn't like it. I wasn't happy with my body.

This is going to sound silly, especially since I'm not a die-hard sports fan, but the turning point was during this year's Super Bowl. After witnessing the Eagles win the big game, I said to myself... "if the Eagles can win, then I can get down under 200 pounds by the end of the year." Since then, I've been going back to my previous routine which worked for me. Weighed in that first Monday after the game at 253 lbs. In just a few short weeks, I'm down to 246, and I'm planning on keeping it up as much as possible -- even more so now that Spring is coming and this cold, crappy weather is finally dissipating. Fingers crossed!

keep up the good efforts, and congrats on starting and already seeing some results.

I'm right there with you on losing your Mom, that's what started me spiraling last year . . my Condolences on your loss.

I did find that exercise helped me. . even when i was eating like crazy, long, long walks took my mind off things. It probably is what kept me from gaining more than 15 or so lbs early on.

I'm at 251, so I didn't lose (or gain) at all in the last month like I was supposed to be aiming to do. But this last month has also seen a LOT of stress at home, broken sleep, and more, so my new eating habits slipped a bit. And then this last weekend we were out of town, so eating out was something that happened at least once a day while there.

I'm on a new anxiety med now, though, so hopefully the sleep disturbances will decrease. I am determined to get back to my healthy eating habits with no cheating. A week or so ago, I tried out a recipe I found for riced cauliflower & broccoli with cheese, and it was SO good, so I'm gonna be working to add more of those veggies to my diet.