Had to put my fur-baby down today, and I'm just wrecked

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Had to put my fur-baby down today, and I'm just wrecked

Postby bert425 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:24 pm

I'm so heartbroken.

I know a lot of that is because it's so fresh. .but she's the first thing I look for when I get up, and we just got back from dinner out (to try and cheer me/us up), and the first thing I did walking thru the door was to break down in tears, since she's not here to greet us all wagging tail and "woo-ing" when we came in.

this is so damn brutal :(
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Pandora's Box » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:33 pm

Sorry to hear about the loss, Bert. I had the 1st anniversary of the passing of our second fur-baby just recently, and it still feels like yesterday (to me), that he went on to Rainbow Bridge to wait to eventually meet with the rest of us. :(

My thoughts are with you during this time, don't be at all taken up by feeling sad. Take as long as you need, I have a third fur-baby now, it eases the pain but I always remember the other two. They're gone, but never forgotten. :angel:

Postby bert425 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:03 pm

thank you.

it's been a week today.

I'm not crying as much, but still have moments of deep depression and sadness.

but thank you, I know it was the right call, and I know she loved us as much as we loved her. :(
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:18 pm

Oh man, sorry to hear this.

Been there. I had a golden retriever that we had to put down after the cancer got the best of her. It's never fun, but in certain circumstances, it can be for the best. Sounds like you did the right thing. That will be little comfort now. You'll grieve for a while, and that's good. Eventually you'll just remember the good times. It sucks. It will suck for a while. But you do move on. It does get better from here.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:28 pm

It's been six years, since we lost our previous cat, Camille. And the memories remain intact. The loss is still felt. But we aren't as hard on ourselves like we were before, after just losing her. We now know it was for the best. For Camille, especially. And the memories are still great ones of her.

In the mean time, Bert, keep on keepin' on, with Roxxi in your hearts and memories.
She-And-me1.jpg
What I title "She and me". Camille was a wonderful cat.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Previous

Return to Random, Random, Random