How do you celebrate Christmas?

Tell us about your Christmas (Unless you don't celebrate it)
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

How do you celebrate Christmas?

Postby TheGreatButteryToast » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:48 am

This is a thread where you talk about your favorite Christmas time items, songs, food, etc. We are not forcing you to celebrate Christmas if your religion does not celebrate it. Just talk about your favorite part of winter.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: How do you celebrate Christmas?

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:22 pm

I celebrate Christmas by having 10,000+ lights on my house synchronized to music the entire month of December for the entire community to get to come by and see!! It's something the community, and families love!! Speaking of which. . . I need to go get some more lights put up!!
Bigger is not always better.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:28 pm

We do love seeing some of the Christmas light displays around the Ozarks. Some of them are very elaborate.

We're Greek Orthodox, so we celebrate Christmas (or Nativity as we call it) with a midnight liturgy on Christmas Eve. It's very beautiful and very sincere. Most Christians will say Easter is their main holiday, but for us, Nativity is the highlight of the year.

If you're interested, here's a short video of a Nativity liturgy in Moscow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF_gfvz_a4g

Just to make it clear, I'm not saying this to try to convert anyone. I don't care what religion you are, or whether you even have one. It doesn't matter. Orthodox Christianity makes me a better person, so this is what I do. You do whatever helps you to be a better person, whatever that is, and it may not even be a religion. Just find what works for you, and be excellent to everyone.

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:42 am

Watching A Christmas Story every day on a loop. It never gets old. :lmao:
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby TheGreatButteryToast » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:43 am

DoinItForTheFame wrote:I celebrate Christmas by having 10,000+ lights on my house synchronized to music the entire month of December for the entire community to get to come by and see!! It's something the community, and families love!! Speaking of which. . . I need to go get some more lights put up!!
Nice! Usually as soon as everyone leaves our house from Thanksgiving I ask my parents to get the Christmas stuff down. They usually make me wait till the next day but I love to make the tree.

Postby viking86 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:27 am

For me it's not a proper Christmas unless I watch the hour of classic Disney cartoons they show on TV every year during the day on the 24th.

The elf with the checkered paint at 3:10 always makes me laugh! :lol:

As for family traditions, we have a few in our family. We always decorate the Christmas tree in the afternoon/evening on the 23rd, then the 24th is the big day in Norway with Christmas dinner and opening presents in the evening.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby TheAmericanKnight » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:20 pm

By eating a lot of food, downing a s**t-ton of Mountain Dew, and being very thankful about somehow being in college and having friends at the same time.

Return to Random, Random, Random