Pokemon GO

Who else is re-living their childhood through this game?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Pokemon GO

Postby Ape » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:25 am

Got Articuno yesterday it was easy with numbers ONLY try if you have 8+. Moltres was easy as well we had a lot of people so not sure of minimum but 8 is a good number to keep as minimum. Moltres flees quickly and moves a lot more. Out of our group of 12 only one person caught the first one we tried.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:07 am

How is everyone finding enough people for these raids? Are you using Facebook Groups or Discord? We only got enough people once during the trip to get an Articuno, and could never find enough people to try for Lugia or Moltres and this was at parks with lots of young people around.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby vuurvogel » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:02 pm

Here in Amersfoort we still have a lot of people playing and we have a team of players from within the company. By meeting the hardcore gamers (there are people who almost play 24/7) we happened to get in several raid group apps that use Whatsapp to communicate. So when something special is happening I hear it rather quickly, be it a raid going to start or an Unown that is spotted.
But when a release of new Pokemon is happening you just go to the center of town to find a lot of people trying to raid. Biggest group I saw the last two weeks was about 50 people for a Lugia raid.

So yeah, Pokemon Go is very much still a thing here. And a luckily a great city to catch them. I have caught 237 pocket monsters at the moment. (All there is to catch here in Europe at this time)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:22 am

SharkTums wrote:How is everyone finding enough people for these raids? Are you using Facebook Groups or Discord? We only got enough people once during the trip to get an Articuno, and could never find enough people to try for Lugia or Moltres and this was at parks with lots of young people around.

The first day they released these things we went to a raid and by some miracle there were like 15 people there. We beat it but it ran away and after that I sort of took a break from the game thinking there was basically no way we'd ever get that many people together again (since we live in a pretty rural area and most raids have a total of zero people playing). I felt like I was sort of screwed as far as catching one of these.

About a week later I was on the way home from work and saw a bunch of people standing around staring at their phones on the sidewalk so I went over and saw that they were fighting a Moltres, we won but again I had it run away. Luckily a few of them turned me on to some Facebook messenger groups where they just all agree to meet at a certain raid at a certain time and they have no problem getting a sufficient amount of people.

You definitely have to turn off notifications for those types of groups (trust me, lol) but if I'm ever on my way home and in the mood to play I pop them up and see if there's anything going on nearby. It's really the only way to play at this point. I would think there are definitely some Facebook or Discord groups in your area.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:50 pm

I haven't had any luck myself. Each time I haven't had a large enough group to win the battle.

Postby Ape » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:27 am

Discord has worked best in my area no one uses the facebook apps. I also can be in downtown cincinnati in 3 minutes during lunch at work. Today i got on discord saw a couple of Zapdos raids going on downtown and headed that way. At lunch in a downtown setting is easy as can be people come in waves and usually have groups of 15-20. i am fortunate for my locations.

Caught Zapdos on lunch first raid with him and first throw. now I just need Lugia.

Best of luck to anyone trying for the legandarys.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:34 pm

So I broke down and joined two Facebook groups. Went out today for the first time and we successfully defeated a Zapdos and Lugia. I caught neither. =( Oh well, at least I know this now works and can try again when I have some time!

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Blue Turbo » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:08 pm

SharkTums wrote:So I broke down and joined two Facebook groups. Went out today for the first time and we successfully defeated a Zapdos and Lugia. I caught neither. =( Oh well, at least I know this now works and can try again when I have some time!

I though you were stronger than this Elissa

Postby Ape » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:59 am

SharkTums wrote:So I broke down and joined two Facebook groups. Went out today for the first time and we successfully defeated a Zapdos and Lugia. I caught neither. =( Oh well, at least I know this now works and can try again when I have some time!

From my understanding Lugia is a really tough catch. Our large group one day maybe one person from the group caught it after the raid. I don't have enough experience with zap just the little bit from friends and it seems to be 50/50 so far

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:32 am

Blue Turbo wrote:

I though you were stronger than this Elissa

I have not gone back out again with them. They were kind of scary. Not what I was expecting from Pokemon Go players!

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random