Anyone into Hot Wheels?

How 'bout a Hot Wheels roller coaster?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Re: Anyone into Hot Wheels?

Postby Midgetman82 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:08 am

I was crazy about these toys as a kid, probably because I pretended the big toy tracks were roller coaster tracks. :Pr And now, they're finally picking up on this?! They look pretty cool, I must say!
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:55 pm

For myself, it's going to be fun if they'd actually offer some kind of "coaster track set",
that has lots of special "coaster stuff" on/over/under the tracks, to show the differences
between it and the other Hot Wheels track sets - not that you can't add to it with regular track,
I am guessing. :wink:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby 1badgmc » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:35 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:For myself, it's going to be fun if they'd actually offer some kind of "coaster track set",
that has lots of special "coaster stuff" on/over/under the tracks, to show the differences
between it and the other Hot Wheels track sets - not that you can't add to it with regular track,
I am guessing. :wink:

They've had some semi-coaster themed track sets in the past, but it would be cool if they'd gear one towards these Loopsters. Unfortunately, these things don't perform well on the track when you start connecting 2 or more together. I've gotten 2 to make it through a loop, but just barely. They lose all momentum in the loop. 3 or more and you can forget it.

Does Not Support The Hobosexual Agenda

Postby Hurricane » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:24 am

Funny you should mention a Hot Wheels themed roller coaster. Dreamworld in Australia is in the process of refurbishing / retheming it's Arrow Roller Coaster (Cyclone) into a Hot Wheels themed ride.

"A special part of Australian motor racing history will soon have a new home at Dreamworld with motor racing royalty converged on Dreamworld as three Peter Brock racing cars - including his most famous ride ‘The Big Banger’ - arrived at the park, the first instalment in Dreamworld’s new Motorsports Precinct. With works underway the construction is on track for Brock’s Garage doors to open post-Christmas showcasing 30 replica and authentic Brock vehicles.

Other precinct highlights include the Hot Wheels themed rollercoaster (formerly ‘Cyclone’), six state-of-the-art V8 supercar racing simulators, the Grid Burgers and Sports Bar and Trackside retail outlet. The revamped Hot Wheels themed rollercoaster train will replicate Hot Wheels vehicles, complete with racing harnesses and steering wheels. Precinct partner Dunlop will provide theming throughout Trackside and the sports bar and the Trackside retail outlet will be filled with Hot Wheels merchandise, motorsports memorabilia and branded gear.
The precinct also doubles as an air conditioned corporate event venue for 250 people seated or 480 standing, with a full working kitchen and bar on-site.

After the vehicles short appearance in park for the media, the Brock cars will be stored until the Motorsports Precinct opens after Christmas 2015."

Postby 1badgmc » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:21 am

Hurricane wrote:Funny you should mention a Hot Wheels themed roller coaster. Dreamworld in Australia is in the process of refurbishing / retheming it's Arrow Roller Coaster (Cyclone) into a Hot Wheels themed ride.

"A special part of Australian motor racing history will soon have a new home at Dreamworld with motor racing royalty converged on Dreamworld as three Peter Brock racing cars - including his most famous ride ‘The Big Banger’ - arrived at the park, the first instalment in Dreamworld’s new Motorsports Precinct. With works underway the construction is on track for Brock’s Garage doors to open post-Christmas showcasing 30 replica and authentic Brock vehicles.

Other precinct highlights include the Hot Wheels themed rollercoaster (formerly ‘Cyclone’), six state-of-the-art V8 supercar racing simulators, the Grid Burgers and Sports Bar and Trackside retail outlet. The revamped Hot Wheels themed rollercoaster train will replicate Hot Wheels vehicles, complete with racing harnesses and steering wheels. Precinct partner Dunlop will provide theming throughout Trackside and the sports bar and the Trackside retail outlet will be filled with Hot Wheels merchandise, motorsports memorabilia and branded gear.
The precinct also doubles as an air conditioned corporate event venue for 250 people seated or 480 standing, with a full working kitchen and bar on-site.

After the vehicles short appearance in park for the media, the Brock cars will be stored until the Motorsports Precinct opens after Christmas 2015."

That sounds pretty awesome!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Ape » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:39 am

Just found this one when I took the kids to Toys R Us.

D766B370-8342-4719-9388-142B131A48BF.jpeg

Postby 1badgmc » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:11 am

There have been four released so far (each with a hands up and hands down version). 2015 had both red and blue, 2016 green and 2017 black with glow in the dark wheels. There's a purple one coming out soon for 2018 and yes, it'll have hands up and hands down versions as well.
2015 Red.jpg
2015 Red
2015 Blue.jpg
2015 Blue
2016 Green.jpg
2016 Green
2017 Black.jpg
2017 Black
f120up.jpg

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:41 pm

I like the black ones with the Glow Wheels. Cool! :smile:

I did get the 2015 blue car. Funky looking, but still fun.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Previous

Return to Random, Random, Random