TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Once Upon A Time - TV Show Discussion

Anyone into this show?

I am absolutely addicted.

What did the Frozen fans on the forums think about Elsa and Anna being on the show?

I thought they did an excellent job weaving the stories together. Marshmallow even made an appearance!

Thoughts on the Queens of Darkness?

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My girlfriend and I watch it, but we are just DVR'in the current season since we are near the end of season 3 at the moment. So I can't comment too much on what is going on!

The show is well done... Cool take on the classic fairy tales and such.

I'm happy they gave Cruella powers of some sort (as undefined as they are)..she needed SOME kind of magical abilities to hold her own next to Maleficent.

Ursula is not really working for me. . but willing to give it time to see if she gells.

We are enjoying the new season, with "Les Girls".

And it always amazes me, how the writers figure out how to

connect everybody together, in some fashion.

"Six Degrees of Separation," indeed.

And we enjoyed the Elsa/Anna season. It wasn't too overblown

in our opinion, and they made some nice little references here

and there to the movie, which was fun.

"Mmmmmmm chocolate!"

• 5 months later...
What did the Frozen fans on the forums think about Elsa and Anna being on the show?

I loved the Anna & Elsa (and really all of the Frozen) characters on the show, and thought the first few episodes were GREAT, but I really thought the whole "Snow Queen" storyline was terrible. Especially in the last few episodes of that section of the season. I watched it because I like the show, but I really thought it was one of the worst storylines they've come up with.... until the whole "author" thing.

I actually really hated most of Season 4 and thought it was the worst writing and ideas they've had so far. I just re-watched Season 1 & 2 again recently and it's night and day the character development, ideas, and storylines. I mean, seriously what the hell was that whole author thing??? That guy was awful. And then the weird crap with Zelena returning in the form of Maid Marian and you want us to believe it was her all along. What??!? Just terrible.

I'm hopeful for Season 5. But I'm not holding my breath. They are going with the age-old "let's turn a good guy into a bad guy" scenario that usually happens when the writers have run out of other ideas. Traditionally, that usually doesn't go too well, but we'll see...

I like the show, but I think the direction it's gone in the last season and possibly this one makes me think it needs to end before it gets any worse.

Edited by robbalvey

September 27th cannot come soon enough.

You are my new best friend!

BUT, I will have to watch it the following day because I buy it on Amazon.

Did you see that a certain red headed Princess will be added this season?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDJ1rrLvBEg

... and I just realized that I have not seen Brave, so I just added it to my DVD queue on Netflix... LOL

^ Yes, and it made me wonder if this was going to be one of those

quick "Disney Princess Guest Appearances"....like The Little Mermaid was?

And how about them bringing Red back into a story of her own, with Granny of course.

It felt like the residents had really been put aside, in favour of The Main Group, a lot.

And isn't "OUaT...In Wonderland" supposed to be coming back - with a new/different script?

I don't think she is going to be in Storybrooke. I think her story will take place in the Enchanted Forest. Like a supporting character, not a main story arc. Kind of like Mulan.

The main focus this season I think will be Dark Swan.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got around to watching the new episode. I liked it, except for the memory wipe, AGAIN.

I liked how they introduced Merida to the show. Made me glad I watched Brave last week. I would not have any idea what she was talking about when she made the bear reference or having dealt with witches before.

Now the burning question is, what the F happened in Camelot??

• 1 month later...

BUMP..

I am loving this season so far.

I am also very pleased with the Once version of Merida. Merida in BRAVE annoyed me. Once Merida is more mature than the one in the movie. AND... They hired a Scottish actress for the part. That hair is just amazing also.

I think Killian will be the one who pulls Excalibur from the stone, not Rumple. They are already hinting to it like the writers on this show tend to do.

Merida is in the woods with Rumple, and says "all a man needs is one good hand."

Also, they are casting a male and a female for upcoming episodes.

The description is for a “dashing, strapping young man” who is “single-minded in his pursuit of his destiny: to be the greatest hero who ever lived” and a “plucky, 18-year-old female adventurer with a sly sense of humor and a tough, no-nonsense spirit.”

Hercules and Meg perhaps?

• 3 weeks later...

This season been hit and miss for me, maybe because I was really not a fan of Brave so there will be an episode I quite enjoyed and then along comes Merida for another episodes focus and more mentions or happenings of the bear magic and I'll groan and drift off.

One thing that still bugs me after the spin-off is why they had Will as a regular last season, his story just never seemed to go anywhere and leaves some unanswered questions between him being on the main show after the way the spin-off ended. Hopefully that gets addressed and he doesn't become another Libby.

I enjoyed it, that Red was (finally!) brought into a story line, the Merida episode. I wish she had more to do

with the other episode, and the goings on with the main characters, but that's okay. It was fun enough seeing her again.

BUMP..

Also, they are casting a male and a female for upcoming episodes.

The description is for a “dashing, strapping young man” who is “single-minded in his pursuit of his destiny: to be the greatest hero who ever lived” and a “plucky, 18-year-old female adventurer with a sly sense of humor and a tough, no-nonsense spirit.”

Hercules and Meg perhaps?

yep.

that was confirmed over the weekend.

I enjoyed it, that Red was (finally!) brought into a story line, the Merida episode. I wish she had more to do

with the other episode, and the goings on with the main characters, but that's okay. It was fun enough seeing her again.

they had to find SOME way to write the actress back in, and to explain where she disappeared to.

having her trapped in Enchanted Forest?. . that's a great way to fill in blanks, and get her back into the show (now that her other show is cancelled).

and they absolutely are setting her up to be in a couple with Mulan (note her comment about only having had "one boyfriend").

^ And then she smiles, like he was pretty delish...

Oh, I didn't know she had another show going. Some times when a secondary character disappears

from the show for a long time, you wonder what's happened, etc. But that's cool. I'm glad she's back.

^ And then she smiles, like he was pretty delish...

Oh, I didn't know she had another show going. Some times when a secondary character disappears

from the show for a long time, you wonder what's happened, etc. But that's cool. I'm glad she's back.

Yeah, she was in a show called "Intelligence" with Josh Holloway (from Lost).

that's why she disappeared last year.

they had to find SOME way to write the actress back in, and to explain where she disappeared to.

having her trapped in Enchanted Forest?. . that's a great way to fill in blanks, and get her back into the show (now that her other show is cancelled).

and they absolutely are setting her up to be in a couple with Mulan (note her comment about only having had "one boyfriend").

Or for other actors with non-cancelled shows, have Regina pick on their hairstyles.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say that while I am not really a fan of Brave. (Seen it once, don't care to see it again) I did like the big reveal at the end. The person who killed her father.

Sunday can not come soon enough! I think I died a little at the end of episode 8.

*sigh*

Is it warm in here?