TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dumbest coaster debate!

TheHalonSystem

So I was in the car today on my way back from the science museum (I'm visiting my cousin's in Alabama) and we got on the topic of what coasters we could ride over and over again. Someone had mentioned the Top Thrill Dragster. And then my Aunt Laura said "That's not really a roller coaster, that's more like a thrill ride." I then said "Yes it is a roller coaster, just look it up on Intamin's website, and everywhere else."

Then I asked about Wicked Twister, and she said the same thing, "That's not really a roller coaster either."

I explained to her that a roller coaster is a train on a track, that has at least some thrill element to it, and we're still having this debate!

And I'm also curious to know if anyone agrees with her.

Now I will admit that I debated with myself on whether Power Tower was a roller coaster, but that was when I was too little to ride the thing (and I was seven when I first rode it). Obviously I know it's not nowadays. I just thought it was because the sides of the towers looks sorta like coaster track.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was in the car today on my way back from the science museum (I'm visiting my cousin's in Alabama) and we got on the topic of what coasters we could ride over and over again. Someone had mentioned the Top Thrill Dragster. And then my Aunt Laura said "That's not really a roller coaster, that's more like a thrill ride." I then said "Yes it is a roller coaster, just look it up on Intamin's website, and everywhere else."

Then I asked about Wicked Twister, and she said the same thing, "That's not really a roller coaster either."

I explained to her that a roller coaster is a train on a track, that has at least some thrill element to it, and we're still having this debate!

And I'm also curious to know if anyone agrees with her.

Now I will admit that I debated with myself on whether Power Tower was a roller coaster, but that was when I was too little to ride the thing (and I was seven when I first rode it). Obviously I know it's not nowadays. I just thought it was because the sides of the towers looks sorta like coaster track.

I once argued with a ride supervisor because I was too short to ride at ride at Six Flags Great America - I forget which one it was though to be honest.