American Horror Story

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Re: American Horror Story

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:53 am

ernierocker wrote:^Don't worry about it. It is parent's discretion. Just as long as you have it. ;)

:nina:
Wood-22
Steel- 84
Total- 106

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Mater » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:11 pm

Twisty backstory this week!

Is it strange I have such a huge crush on him?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:47 am

MUCH better.

and although he was a Deus Ex Machina type character, at least the supernatural guy fit with the idea of a horror trope, and was a good fit for the near-Halloween episodes.

NOW, if they can just keep the momentum up, and focus on this new direction/storyline, this could get very interesting, and end the season strong (they have, what 7 episodes left?).
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:15 pm

I actually started sympathizing with The Clown's back story - until I was reminded how twisted and demented he was in his past killings, lol. Still, it was pretty good.

And Greta's back story just freeked me out! I couldn't watch it all. Too intense.

But that was okay, too! Interesting how The Clown's mask traded hands, as well. :evil:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Moose » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:00 pm

know how you feel about the clown, I started feeling that way too. It also adds depth to the gruesome killings other than just crazy clown killing people. It makes it a much better story.

I think I missed part of Gretas story. I'll have to rewarch the episode. That toilet seat though.... Eeek!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Mater » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:26 am

Elsa.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:51 pm

^ :oops: I thought it was Greta. My mistake.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby screaminkid2005 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:09 am

Personally, I love this season so far. There has already been so many twists that I wasn't expecting and I can't wait to see what happens next. I'm really curious to find out all of Dandys back story.

bert425 wrote:ok, having now seen episode 3?

yeah. . the show's not working.

Too many ideas, that just are not jelling (or just falling completely flat).

there's some sparks there in a couple of storylines (the body sellers is a good idea -- tho the humongous (? at least implied humongous) penis is there for NO STORYTELLING reason at all I can think of other than giggles). . and they did a great job investing me in Ethyl's storyline (with her son. . tho not so much Dell).

but just too much is NOT working (the clown/killer storyline is a joke with the spoiled rich kid, Dell being impotent has left Angela Bassett nothing to do, the Cops were complicit in the murder of the Geek yet no retaliation from the Freakshow (to the point of LobsterBoy letting himself get bullied by a cop). . . .nevermind the twins who despite Sarah Paulson's best efforts, just aren't that interesting (or believable).

I'll give it a few more episodes, as the Cinematography is fantastic, and most of the actors are knocking it out of the park (in particular Kathy Bates, and Jessica Lange).

but yeah. . it needs a central storyline, and quickly, if it wants to retain my interest.

That's basically how every season has gone. They have a bunch of different sub story lines happening at once which end up in the end resulting into one major story line. Once and a while they will focus on one or two people in the show, but right when you think you know is going to happen, they switch it up on you. For example when Twisty was the chosen freak.

This is one of those shows that you really need to focus on every single little detail, if you don't, you'll most likely miss something important pertaining to that person or to someone else.

I'm glad you're starting to enjoy the show!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:16 pm

We thought this week's episode was great.

So much stuff between Elsa and the twins.
And the stuff between Del and.... that was a bit crazy, but we still enjoyed it.

And that ending! I knew it might eventually happen, but still... :cry:

We are happy with what we've seen, (so far) of this season.

EDIT to add: About that tattoo job. We had to suspend total disbelief, that the
person getting that tat had to be totally out, with drugs or something. No tattooing
(like that one, especially) is that "unfelt," lol. :wink:

Postby bert425 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:52 am

wow. .did THAT go off the rails.

crap ending to the worst season of the show thus far (almost nothing "Horror" about it).

at least it DID give us the best episode of the show *ever* -- the "Pepper" origin episode.

but other than that one? what a mess.. ideas picked up and dropped (sometimes in the same episode), police that stopped looking for the escaped convict that supposedly killed a house full of Tupperware party ladies, Elsa getting to spend eternity with the freaks she "loved" (yet killed one herself, sold the show to someone who killed another freak, and then RE-SOLD the show to another who killed the rest of the freaks).

yeah.

a mess.

Ryan Murphy should submit the idea for the season, then step away and let others write.

on the + side, Glee has been good since it's return.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random