TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

American Horror Story

Mater

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's easily one of the best shows currently on TV. My "Best show of all time" choice would go to Seinfeld. I've watched AHS since the beginning and enjoyed every season (although I thought season 3 was the weakest of the bunch). It really keeps you guessing. Jessica Lange is amazing; she is one of the very few REAL actors we have left.

I"m HATING the current season.

just a bunch of vignette's stuck together, with the only real "horror" element (the serial killer clown) reduced to comic relief by episode 2.

Huge waste of some fantastic talent (seriously, Kathy Bates is KILLING it.. but the show thus far is not up to snuff)

I think it's a bit early in the season to form an opinion on it yet. I'm still hoping something develops.

two episodes (out of 10? or is it 13?).

the story should grab us. . instead it's meandering all over the place, and is showing terrible plot holes / lapses in logic

and I say this having not seen tonight's episode yet.

example? Greta wants the twins to save the show?. . so why then one episode later, try to have one maim (kill?) the TALENTED one who can bring in the customers? Makes no sense at all. There has to be internal logic in the show.

The logic is she brings he twins to get people to come to the show so there will be an audience to see her. She wants to be the star. When the talented one steals the spotlight her jealousy not logic steps in and she tries to take one out or make it so she (dot?) can't sing.

Makes sense to me.

Not saying this season is good or will be good.

ok, having now seen episode 3?

yeah. . the show's not working.

Too many ideas, that just are not jelling (or just falling completely flat).

there's some sparks there in a couple of storylines (the body sellers is a good idea -- tho the humongous (? at least implied humongous) penis is there for NO STORYTELLING reason at all I can think of other than giggles). . and they did a great job investing me in Ethyl's storyline (with her son. . tho not so much Dell).

but just too much is NOT working (the clown/killer storyline is a joke with the spoiled rich kid, Dell being impotent has left Angela Bassett nothing to do, the Cops were complicit in the murder of the Geek yet no retaliation from the Freakshow (to the point of LobsterBoy letting himself get bullied by a cop). . . .nevermind the twins who despite Sarah Paulson's best efforts, just aren't that interesting (or believable).

I'll give it a few more episodes, as the Cinematography is fantastic, and most of the actors are knocking it out of the park (in particular Kathy Bates, and Jessica Lange).

but yeah. . it needs a central storyline, and quickly, if it wants to retain my interest.

MUCH better.

and although he was a Deus Ex Machina type character, at least the supernatural guy fit with the idea of a horror trope, and was a good fit for the near-Halloween episodes.

NOW, if they can just keep the momentum up, and focus on this new direction/storyline, this could get very interesting, and end the season strong (they have, what 7 episodes left?).

I actually started sympathizing with The Clown's back story - until I was reminded how twisted and demented he was in his past killings, lol. Still, it was pretty good.

And Greta's back story just freeked me out! I couldn't watch it all. Too intense.

But that was okay, too! Interesting how The Clown's mask traded hands, as well.

know how you feel about the clown, I started feeling that way too. It also adds depth to the gruesome killings other than just crazy clown killing people. It makes it a much better story.

I think I missed part of Gretas story. I'll have to rewarch the episode. That toilet seat though.... Eeek!