TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Walking Dead

gisco

I started watching this last season. Took me a while to get caught up. I really like the show and it is one of the few that I look forward too.

After seeing last nights season premier, meek Carol has turned into one bad ass chick.

I have not read the graphic novel. Is the series pretty much in parallel with it?

Edited by gisco

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
I'm surprised how quickly they ended the Terminus storyline. I figured they would draw it out like the did the Governor.

My exact thoughts. Terminus seemed like a bigger threat than Woodbury, so I would've thought Terminus would be in the season for much longer. Guess the writers have something else bigger planned later on this season.

^or maybe they learned their lesson with how boring the Woodbury season became. (Crosses fingers) I hated that season.

That's very true. Especially the episodes that were just based on Woodbury and Andrea & Michonne, no desire to watch those again.

Last week at the end of the episode Daryl reappeared but we didn't get to see who he was with. The week before we see him and Carol take off chasing the car that had the white cross. Wasn't that the same one that took Beth? Maybe Carol and him freed Beth and the people from the hospital?

They made it seem like Darryl was with someone when he came back to the church but now we see that both Carol and Beth are at the hospital. So either something is off or they are doing something with the timing.

I thought something was definitely being done with the timing. Beth has been missing since before terminus. If this story was sequential then she would have been asleep for a VERY long time.

They made reference to Beth being at the hospital for a while. I think it was something about her injuries healing. So the timing works out.

I find it interesting that Maggie is/was more interested in finding Glen then her sister.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just caught up on The Walking Dead. That was a shocker that Beth took a bullet in the head (and that she stabbed that lady in charge of the that hospital in front of everyone). Beth really didn't think her move and now she's gone. I saw a clip of Talking Dead afterwards and the actress playing her was actually crying that she was no longer going to be on the show.

I thought Beth knew the price she'd be paying for stabbing her (whether Dawn or another officer would've shot her) and she was just sacrificing for Noah. Just a theory....

Hopefully when the season returns in February, we'll see Morgan again.

^Since Morgan was seen at the end of the show I would assume he will be playing a part at some point when the season continues.

As for Beth, people have been pretty upset that she died. The writers of the show are supposedly trying to figure out a way to bring her back according to an internet article I have read. One possibility it to Have that final two scenes be a Carol dream sequence. The biggest problem I see is that the second half of the season has already been filmed. That would have to do something pretty quick with the second half of the season to start February 8th.

It is sad to see her die but let her go in my opinion.

^Since Morgan was seen at the end of the show I would assume he will be playing a part at some point when the season continues.

As for Beth, people have been pretty upset that she died. The writers of the show are supposedly trying to figure out a way to bring her back according to an internet article I have read. One possibility it to Have that final two scenes be a Carol dream sequence. The biggest problem I see is that the second half of the season has already been filmed. That would have to do something pretty quick with the second half of the season to start February 8th.

It is sad to see her die but let her go in my opinion.

I would almost put money on it that Morgan is not following Rick's group - i think he's a stealth cast member of the spin off.

(tho the Spin Off is set in California, and Morgan is currently in Georgia. . so dunno how they would manage to get him cross country alive. . but who knows).

no way is Beth coming back, that's Kirkman's pretty much #1 rule. . no do-overs. In the comic, Rick lost his hand years ago, and Kirkman has said he regrets doing that, but he's never gone back and "fixed" it. . not even with a prosthetic.

so yeah. . think Beth is gone, as much as it annoyed me we (the audience) got cheated out of a reunion with Maggie.

edit: HAHAHA. .the filters changed the name M-aggie to "Magnum"

^ I was wondering why everyone was calling her that. As for Morgan, I'd still like to see him meet up with Rick's group. I think those two would make a great team! Although having him as the main character in the spin off would be awesome!

I also do agree about Beth. I was actually starting to like her even more in season 4, but still I really don't think they should bring her back. It's already been done, and even if they made some dream sequence to her coming back, it still wouldn't feel right. That being said, I highly doubt we'll see her returning in February.

• 1 month later...
I also do agree about Beth. I was actually starting to like her even more in season 4, but still I really don't think they should bring her back. It's already been done, and even if they made some dream sequence to her coming back, it still wouldn't feel right. That being said, I highly doubt we'll see her returning in February.

Well she did return .... Kind of.

Not sad at all to see Tyreese die. The mid season premiere was sub par. There was a clue of what may be to come. The radio broadcasts mentioned a group of marauders attacking settlements and hacking the people up and burning them. A lot of the bodies they found were hacked up.

Edited by gisco

do you read the comic by chance?

they are stealth introducing a character from the comics, whom i expect will be the "big bad" next year.

I think we'll see signs of his group around (such as the chopped up walker bodies). . but Rick and co are going to find a place to stop and settle before we meet the next bad guy. .and it's a pretty good bet whom it is, since Kirkman has said we're about to have a gay character show up. . and that's GOT to be Jesus, a scout from a community that I'll put $$ on that they'll end the year joining with.

as far as Tyrese. .he lived much longer than the comic book version did, and for some reason, he never really worked for me on the show. (odd, since Comic Michonne and Comic Rick made the translation on to screen with no issues for me).

so . . eh. Not too upset about this turn of events.

No, I have not read the comic book. I do have a little bit of an over view of what direction the comic books have taken and know the show doesn't exactly follow along with it.

Wonder how the spin off in LA will work out? The story will be completely new not something that follows the comics.

No, I have not read the comic book. I do have a little bit of an over view of what direction the comic books have taken and know the show doesn't exactly follow along with it.

Wonder how the spin off in LA will work out? The story will be completely new not something that follows the comics.

Yeah. . I'm excited for the LA spin off. . something Kirkman has refused to do in the comics -- he wants to just focus on the main characters.

as to the Show vs the comic, the basic arc of the show has followed the comic VERY closely. .what hasn't followed is the fates of the characters. Some died in different ways or different situations, some have NOT dies (there are several in the show that are dead in the comic, and vice versa). . and then there are the characters that were created for the show.

I won't spoil, but I will say that of all the characters on the show right now? only 6 are still alive in the comics, and in the comic there are two characters who are alive who the show killed off a while ago.

I take it you've seen the premiere? The character who died last week never made it out of the prison setting in the comic.

SPOILER from the comic below. . tho not a major one. .

anyways, Kirkman in the comic killed off the Governor pretty early after introducing him, and he obviously felt he did the comic a dis-service by removing such a big "bad" from the storyline. So he created a very "similar". . tho much more evil character named "Negan" who showed up just before a comic storyline called "All out War"

so yeah. . .I'll put money on it that we have just seen the first evidence of Negan existing in the TV universe.

I'll be absolutely shocked if he shows up this season. . I'm figuring teases and hints thruout the rest of the season, with maybe a big reveal of something terrible done for the finale. . .but the character and his supporters (army) seem to be the seeds planted for that character to show up.