TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Survivor: San Juan Del Sur

larrygator

Personally, I really like the way they set it up this season.

I really like the one-on-one blood match-ups for rewards to start the first two episodes. Throws a completely new twist into the show.

I had high hopes for Val at the start of the season, but she blew it. How could she not find the idol with the clue? It could not have been too hard to find since John Rocker (pretty much a dumb jock) found it with the same clue.

And I really enjoyed Jeff Probst's response to the tribe trying to trade half their reward for a new flint.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Jeff's response too. I think he was prepared and knew ahead of time that they were going to do that.

I think Val blew it by saying she had two idols. Too big of move too early in the game.

I would keep Rocker around. He is athletic and competitive and will be easy to vote out later given his past.

I was never a fan of John Rocker when he was in baseball, glad to see him gone. The fact that is was clear during Tribal Council that he was in a little bit of danger and didn't play the idol makes this as stupid as Val's bluff about having two idols.

^ Too late! And the guy had an Idol, too!

I love it when that happens. Never get cocky in this game!

I know there is selective editing on the show, but he said he would play it if he wasn't 100% sure of the vote and the expressions he made during Tribal Council sure didn't look like 100% confidence.

In all the years has anyone who has been eliminated with the idol tried to pass it to a surviving player after the vote?

I thought it was smart of Natalie to yell to the other tribe to vote out John Rocker at the end of the immunity challenge, despite how annoying she sounded. It worked, and John got voted off Survivor with an idol in his pocket. He hesitated whether or not to play the idol at the vote, and his confidence that he wouldn't get voted off got the best of him. Classic Survivor!

People get so wrapped up I what they are planning and get a little cocky. They don't see what is going on around them and get voted out with an idol in their pocket.

Do people who go on they show not see that the first few weeks you need to be a team player? Being vocal or trying to control the game to early puts a target on your back.

Yeah, I think this is just gonna be a tribe switchup. It happened around the same time in the last Blood vs Water. I'd like to see them still keep the loved ones apart but I expect it will be just be totally random like last time. I would have liked to see these tribes play it out a little longer - it was just starting to get interesting on the blue tribe!

Did they say there would be a merge or just drop your buffs. I thought it was the latter which sometimes just means a reshuffling of the tribes.

Good point, there are still 14 left and they don't usually merge until 12. I bet it is to mix things up and break a few bonds before the merge in a couple weeks.

Yeah, the Kelley boot was a surprising one given what we had been shown up until that point . I really think Baylor is gonna be around for a while now. After Josh she's probably the person we've seen the most of and the editors are trying to paint her in a sympathetic light given the bullying from Alec last week and the disagreements with Dale this week.

Fascinating that Jon and Jaclyn went from the bottom of their tribes last week to such a power position after the swap. I hope the other tribe loses next week just so we can see how it plays out with one pair and a lot of singles.

So last nights episode was pretty predictable.

I don't get why the current rice tribe (i could care less about the actual tribe names) got all of Jeff's ire when half of the tribe had nothing to do with the poor planning. He should have said something to both tribe since half of the overeaters are now on the other tribe IE Missy who is still eating as much as she wants.

^ That's what we immediately thought! Why blame all of the current tribe for what most of the former members did? Most of the new members had no idea what they were moving to, i.e no rice. That did not impress me about Probst, right there.

Of course, if the ones who caused this are now on the other tribe and eating away.... could even things up lol.

So last nights episode was pretty predictable.

I don't get why the current rice tribe (i could care less about the actual tribe names) got all of Jeff's ire when half of the tribe had nothing to do with the poor planning. He should have said something to both tribe since half of the overeaters are now on the other tribe IE Missy who is still eating as much as she wants.

% out of 7 were the old tribe, so it was more like 2/3.

The other tribe is inept. On the immunity challenge they had 3 panels up before rice tribe started and couldn't finish first? Come on, with only 5 panels left that is only 10 possible choices and really only 8 because you should know the last piece. He couldn't eye it real quickly?

Merge will happen soon and at that point you will have a better chance if you are not a pair.