TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

McKamey Manor is so intense that nobody has been able to fin

bostonlva

The owner released another video in which he says he'll tone things down (a lot) as no one has still completed the 2014 tour of the mansion. Under his facebook post I and other people asked for a video of what went on inside the "haunt", and he agreed to release one.

I find it a little hard to believe he's really going to show everything, but here's hoping. He could at least show what's been cut out, seeing as that wouldn't count as spoiling it for anybody since no one else will experience it.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...All I got to say is, this is the true epitome of "to add insult to injury". I mean, you have people scared out of their minds, enduring all kinds of physical abuse and psychological horror, and we have Russ not just bullying, but verbally and physically abusing people who've had enough and want to quit.

Mark my words, it'll probably only take one suicide or one major PTSD case to shut this haunt down.

^They aren't hiding the fact that is what you are getting into. Since guests know the nature of the attraction, they are assuming risk by agreeing to try it out. Someone could still sue, but the likelihood of winning or collecting a huge payday would be slim.

Edited by Jew

I really wouldn't have a problem with McKamey Manor if Russ and his wife would drop this extremely dangerous "once you go in, you can't go out" thing and implement a safeword system where if someone has had enough of the torture, they can withdraw consent and the monsters will notify each other to stop the haunt. Even the most brutal of all BDSM practicioners have a safeword.

Honestly, McKamey Manor doesn't seem like a haunted house, it just seems like a test of how much physical, emotional, and mental stress can we put on a person? It seems like a combination of a POW Camp simulation and an uber-brutal S&M club.

• 2 weeks later...
I really wouldn't have a problem with McKamey Manor if Russ and his wife would drop this extremely dangerous "once you go in, you can't go out" thing and implement a safeword system where if someone has had enough of the torture, they can withdraw consent and the monsters will notify each other to stop the haunt. Even the most brutal of all BDSM practicioners have a safeword.

The goal of all BDSM scenarios is ultimately pleasure, so it follows that there'd be a system in place where once the pain/humiliation has passed the point where you're enjoying it, you can put it to a stop. The goal of MM is not pleasure, it's raw fear in its most extreme form, and having a safe word wouldn't help in achieving that goal, it would hinder it (knowing that in one word the experience can be stopped). They have a nurse (I'm assuming registered) on site, and Russ knows exactly what to look for so when a participant starts to be in any actual danger mentally or physically, they put a stop to it. Nobody has been seriously injured yet and/or threatened to sue so I doubt they see any reason to change.

After watching all of the available footage I think I have a pretty good idea of the prop/scene that keeps single-handedly breaking participants. This is all total speculation but here's my best guess for anyone who's as curious as I am. It obviously is something very physical, and the most distinctive physical mark left on the participants during and after the haunt is swollen, busted up lips. One of the guys tells us it's from "cleansing" (at the end of that video he says his throat is still swollen and he has trouble swallowing). The moment in the second big video where Russ says "I don't know who that was" and warning he might come back suggests the scene is associated with one character in particular. From the bleeped out audio in that same video, we know it's something that can be described in a single two syllable word, and one guy later names it as his biggest fear. Again, all speculation here, I believe the word is probably the "dentist" or the "doctor". We know that a doctor scene exists, the only question is if it's the one that keeps breaking people. It's pretty obvious to me because at the moment during the second video where they have to secure, the participant is strapped to a table next to one actor in a doctor costume and one in hospital scrubs. Towards the end of the first big video the second participant describes the prop as a "contraption" he kept finding himself in (and says each time he was in definite fear for his safety). One thing that's said over and over again by different people on different visits is they thought they were going to die. In my mind, the only thing that can truly set the brain into panic mode to that extent, where you feel like you're going to die, is some form of asphyxiation. So given all these clues, I believe the prop in question is some kind of vacuum pump that's attached to your face and literally sucks the air out of your lungs.

^ What I actually find more creepy and disturbing than the idea of the manor itself is how fascinated with it you seem to be. To the point of (what it sounds like) scouring the videos, replaying them, making theories and assumptions about certain props and activities. It's clear this is just a BDSM/Torture style activity as many have pointed out, not a "haunt", but you're constant trying to defend it and pick it apart is really creepy. Why don't you just do it if you're that into it?

The goal of all BDSM scenarios is ultimately pleasure, so it follows that there'd be a system in place where once the pain/humiliation has passed the point where you're enjoying it, you can put it to a stop. The goal of MM is not pleasure, it's raw fear in its most extreme form, and having a safe word wouldn't help in achieving that goal, it would hinder it (knowing that in one word the experience can be stopped). They have a nurse (I'm assuming registered) on site, and Russ knows exactly what to look for so when a participant starts to be in any actual danger mentally or physically, they put a stop to it. Nobody has been seriously injured yet and/or threatened to sue so I doubt they see any reason to change.

After watching all of the available footage I think I have a pretty good idea of the prop/scene that keeps single-handedly breaking participants. This is all total speculation but here's my best guess for anyone who's as curious as I am. It obviously is something very physical, and the most distinctive physical mark left on the participants during and after the haunt is swollen, busted up lips. One of the guys tells us it's from "cleansing" (at the end of that video he says his throat is still swollen and he has trouble swallowing). The moment in the second big video where Russ says "I don't know who that was" and warning he might come back suggests the scene is associated with one character in particular. From the bleeped out audio in that same video, we know it's something that can be described in a single two syllable word, and one guy later names it as his biggest fear. Again, all speculation here, I believe the word is probably the "dentist" or the "doctor". We know that a doctor scene exists, the only question is if it's the one that keeps breaking people. It's pretty obvious to me because at the moment during the second video where they have to secure, the participant is strapped to a table next to one actor in a doctor costume and one in hospital scrubs. Towards the end of the first big video the second participant describes the prop as a "contraption" he kept finding himself in (and says each time he was in definite fear for his safety). One thing that's said over and over again by different people on different visits is they thought they were going to die. In my mind, the only thing that can truly set the brain into panic mode to that extent, where you feel like you're going to die, is some form of asphyxiation. So given all these clues, I believe the prop in question is some kind of vacuum pump that's attached to your face and literally sucks the air out of your lungs.

I always though that the contraption that caused all this controversy was the waterboarding. But if what you're saying is true, all I can say is just freakin' WOW. That is so unbelievably dangerous I can't even....

^ What I actually find more creepy and disturbing than the idea of the manor itself is how fascinated with it you seem to be. To the point of (what it sounds like) scouring the videos, replaying them, making theories and assumptions about certain props and activities. It's clear this is just a BDSM/Torture style activity as many have pointed out, not a "haunt", but you're constant trying to defend it and pick it apart is really creepy. Why don't you just do it if you're that into it?

I'd love to, unfortunately I don't live anywhere near California. Everybody's allowed to like what they like, right? Sorry if that makes you uncomfortable. Again, my interest is mainly just morbid curiosity, and as you can see from their youtube channel I'm certainly not alone in that. It's a little like a mystery, a fun puzzle to figure out, and you know the human brain's innate attraction to mysteries. In any case, I take back my previous post, it turns out I have a little more imagination than Russ McKamey. You can clearly hear in the background during the second video "anything but the drown tank", meaning a simple faux-waterboarding type situation, which is one of the most obvious ways of breaking people there is. BORING! Sigh...

I also couldn't find anything online about people being suffocated via vacuum, for either torture or pleasure, so it would probably just rupture your lungs and kill you. So why the puffed out busted lips, who knows, but it definitely wasn't just cold water. We'll probably never know.

So my morbid fascination has been satisfied, I won't talk about it on your site anymore. Unless they come up with something more interesting for 2015....

Edited by neil009