TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Apple Apple Apple

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IPHONE 6!!!!! Well im gonna have to wait probably until the 7 to upgrade. This year i got a Nokia Lumia 925 so i want to wait before i spend more money. Iwatch looks okay. I would never buy one but i guess for those watch people its a good idea. (I dont understand the need of a watch when there is a phone)

I dont understand the need of a watch when there is a phone

Same here, but Apple Watch looks so good that I want to wear watch again. Wish that thing is water proof though.

Apple is making people even harder to budget and harder to concentrate on meeting/classes. I wish iPhone 6 has edges like iPhone 5 and keep the lock/unlock button at the upper right because now it is getting kind of like Android phones.

^As a large android phone user, you'll be glad that the power button is on the side rather than top. It makes it so much easier to hit the button. Once a phone gets over 5in, it gets awkward to reach the top of the device.

I don't like that Apple has jumped on the stupidly large phone bandwagon. I want a phone to fit in my pocket! I can almost understand getting the watch just because I won't be able to fit the phone in my pocket at least it could alert me when something is going on with my phone.

I don't like that Apple has jumped on the stupidly large phone bandwagon. I want a phone to fit in my pocket!

I used to say that too, but I've learned to love the larger screen size of my HTC One. I would never go back to a smaller screen. Amazingly enough, it does fit in my jeans pocket. Of course, I'm not a hipster so I don't wear skin-tight pants.

I can understand liking the size of the iPhone 5 and previous versions, the fact is though, consumers want larger phones. Though it may not appeal to some to go bigger, the masses are looking for bigger, bigger, bigger. With the amount of activity people do on their phones, the larger screens do make it easier to navigate different pages and apps. More and more is getting done on mobile devices. Even stores are leaving desktops and laptops alone these days and using mobile POS machines. iPads, iPod touch, etc. The 6 will be still small enough to fit in your pocket, it's the 6 Plus that is going to be harder to fit in a pocket.

I think the company made the right move to make two sizes, and both larger. Definitely glad to see NFC capability as well. It will be nice to start using that. Going out will be a lot easier once the payment system is implemented in more places. Grab your ID and your phone and that's all you need. Also will make traveling around theme parks easier, very happy to see they partnered with Disney and will implement the ApplePay system into WDW here soon.

As far as the watch goes... I'll buy it. I had the galaxy gear and loved it. I think some of the functions of the watch are unnecessary but also a lot of fun. It has a great look to it, and with so many variations, individuals are bound to find a style that fits them well!

The only part of this whole announcement I was disappointed with, was the lack of camera upgrade. I know it has more functions now, but to stay at only 8mp seems a little redundant to me. The picture quality is nice, yes, but if they took that quality, and bumped up the megapixels in the cameras, there would be no competition as far as picture quality goes. The phones clearly have enough space to handle it all! Can't believe the size options are 16GB, 64GB, and 128GB. That is awesome. Still shocked they got rid of the 32GB option. You'd think at this point they'd get away from a 16GB phone and start the introductory level at 32GB the way the phones are lined up now.

Cyrus

I'm really curious about how it feels to hold both phones in my hands. I hope the iPhone 6 is not too big, because the 5 was really perfect. My iPhone 5 broke so I need a new one, but I'm not sure if it is worth buying the new one. They don't offer an unlocked version of it yet.

I will definitely be getting one of the models, it is my upgrade year and my 5 is starting to have some issues with the lightning jack. My only dilemma is figuring out which to order. Since I have man pockets, I'm considering getting the plus, but it may be too big for me too.

If you are with AT&T you should be upgrade eligible now with AT&T next. Next is honestly a much much cheaper way to get your phone and it allows you to upgrade every year of every 18 months. If you can avoid signing a two year contract, I would highly recommend not doing that. Two year contracts are such scams. You end up paying out the @$$ for your phone and service.

• 2 weeks later...
Anybody on here have the 6S? If so, is this bending thing really true or is it being blown out of proportions by the media, like most things are?

You mean the 6 Plus? The 6S Will be out next year.

No it doesn't bend that easily it was pretty much just blowned out of proportion by the media according to Macroumors and actually the HTC One M8 bends easyer than the iPhone 6 and the 6 bends easyer than the 6 Plus.

• 2 weeks later...
Anybody on here have the 6S? If so, is this bending thing really true or is it being blown out of proportions by the media, like most things are?

If you use your phone properly, I have doubts that it will bend.

It pretty much only bends when the teenage girls shove the phone without a case into their itty bitty little back pocket and sit on it all the time.

If you use your phone properly, I have doubts that it will bend.

It pretty much only bends when the teenage girls shove the phone without a case into their itty bitty little back pocket and sit on it all the time.

If I get one there is no way I wouldn't get a case. I was just wondering.

That whole video of the guy holding the phone and bending it with his hands made me laugh. I mean, all it proves is that if you use your hands and try to bend it, it WILL bend. What a shocker! I'm sure you could do the same thing with any phone you choose.

• 2 weeks later...

It has been a few days now with my new iPhone 6 Plus and I absolutely love it. Getting used to the larger screen (coming from an iPhone 5) was a bit of an adjustment, but now there is no way I can go back to something smaller. The screen quality is gorgeous too, 5.5 inches in (finally) a 1080p resolution is a real treat on the eyes. The camera is brilliant too, pictures turn out looking quite impressive, and Optical Image Stabilization is a neat feature on the Plus. Battery life is another big one too, the usage on my phone can be pretty hefty, I don't think I have seen the percentage drop below 65% yet. The phone is lightning fast too, the A8 chip (although only being a dualcore processor) has some serious power, and cellular speeds are ridiculous with Verizon's XLTE. Overall I am very happy with this upgrade, I would definitely agree that this is the best iPhone yet!

I got the 6 plus on Monday. It seems almost too big but I'm getting used to it, I went back to my 5 since it was still on my table and it seemed minuscule by comparison.

When used as a phone it seemed a bit muffled (and yes I took of the protective screen)

Well, OS X Yosemite is now out, and I just updated yesterday. What do you think? Discuss!

Yosemite is a nice change to OS X. It has a very nice transparency effect, more simple icons, and a more modern and flat environment. Besides continuity and handoff, however, I don't see any huge changes to the operating system. Yosemite is a solid OS. Enough said.