TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

America's Got Talent

Thought I'd start a thread so AGT fans on TPR could discuss the performances and results.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's my review of the performances and my thoughts on the results:

Wow. America really voted wrong. And then the judges voted wrong. Here's how I would have ranked the contestants for their performances this week.

1. Flight Crew Jump Rope- I am so shocked these guys didn't go through. I wasn't that impressed by their past few auditions, but this performance was truly a spectacle. I loved the lights, the sets, and most of all, the stunts these guys did with the jump ropes. Definitely the most original act this season, but it doesn't matter anymore, I guess. Because like I said, the judges make a horrible choice sending the salsa group into the next round instead of these guys.

2. Valo & Bobby- Once again, I am so shocked these two didn't go through. This stunt was INSANE and captivating. I was on the edge of my seat the entire act. Gosh, why America, why.

3. Dan Naturman- I wasn't as impressed with him this time, but his jokes were still pretty funny. However, this guy really reminds me of Taylor Williamson from last year, and his quirky personality really helps him stand out. I am really glad he moved on, because he is the only decent comedian left in the competition.

4. Emily West- Emily West has the best voice of any singer this season. This performance wasn't my favorite of hers but she really is a star. I see her going all the way to the finals. And she gets props for singing one of the best songs of 2014.

5. Jasmine Flowers- I wanted them to go through, but I'm not really surprised they didn't, because like Mel B, said they are an acquired taste. This performance really was great, though, far superior to their past performances.

6. Baila Conmigo- Are they talented? Yes. Are they entertaining? Yes. Was this performance near perfection? Yes. But are they anything America hasn't seen before? No. I mean, every year their has been a salsa-type dance group that makes it to the semifinals, if not the finals.

7. Julia Goodwin- I really like this girl. She has an exceptional voice, she has charm, and she has the Hollywood/Broadway look. She'll make it one day, but I'm not sure AGT was the show for her.

8. David & Leeman- Their audition was hilarious. This trick tonight though, really just seemed to drag on forever. And their showmanship just wasn't their, even though they are extremely likeable dudes. Hopefully they'll step it up next time.

9. Miguel Dakota- This sounded AMAZING. But you wanna know why I didn't really care for it? Because more than half of the time I couldn't tell if it was really the guy singing. His backup singers really overpowered him, IMO. Best act of the night? Nope, not at all. I mean, if he wins, how much do his backup singers and band get?

10. Sean & Luke- They were decent. But they seemed to be out of sync during a few parts of the act, and they really are the most forgettable act. Well, except for...

11. The Willis Clan- I liked their audition, but this was really boring and forgettable. I do think they belong in Branson, though. They could make a fortune.

12. JD Anderson- Ugh. This guy is just so full of himself and this act was all over the place. What he can do is impressive, don't get me wrong. But it just gets so repetitive: "Hey watch me break a few things over my head and smash through some stuff."

So what did you guys think of the acts this week?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could happily watch if AGT banned both salsa dance groups, and singers.

they always take up spots in the semifinals, and there are other shows they should be on.

as you note, truly unique acts -- that COULD support a Vegas show, don't even get a chance, since the young girls voting, always put thru the cute singers, and the older ladies who vote, always put thru the salsa dancers.

(I can pretty much guarantee the male salsa duo next week won't make it thru - the folks who vote won't like seeing two men dance).

hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

yeah, the judges got it wrong. . cute kids grow up. they should have gone with the Jumprope

I could happily watch if AGT banned both salsa dance groups, and singers.

they always take up spots in the semifinals, and there are other shows they should be on.

as you note, truly unique acts -- that COULD support a Vegas show, don't even get a chance, since the young girls voting, always put thru the cute singers, and the older ladies who vote, always put thru the salsa dancers.

(I can pretty much guarantee the male salsa duo next week won't make it thru - the folks who vote won't like seeing two men dance).

yeah, the judges got it wrong. . cute kids grow up. they should have gone with the Jumprope

I have to agree with you on the salsa groups. I think there has been one that has made it to at least the semifinals every year. I have never seen a group like the Jump Rope team before. Normally I disagree with Mel B, but she was the only judge who voted for the right team.

I do kind of like the singers. For example, opera singers and child singers have nowhere else to go. I liked Julia Goodwin a lot, but I'm sure she'll make it one day anyway. And I don't even like opera singers, it's just that they can't do opera on a show like American Idol.

Told you so, and why I'm pretty much done with the show again already this year.

Mediocre singers are getting thru, while talented acts (such as the two male dancers, or Loop Rawlins) don't.

and AGAIN the judges chose poorly, a child over seasoned adults -- and this is AFTER Howard made a point that they are looking for a million dollar act to headline in Vegas.

not worth my time.