TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tilt! - Attraction at Chicago's John Hancock Center

So this new "ride" just opened in Chicago. Apparently it costs $5, which is actually less than I was expecting. I think it looks pretty cool.

Since it both tilts you forward (like a Smooth Criminal) and dangles you over the edge of a balcony, I would have called it "The Michael Jackson Thrill Ride." Unfortunately, the name was already taken.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope.

we were JUST there (C2E2 not even two weeks ago).

and it wasn't open yet. . but HELL no.

NOT even for $5 (which is why thy priced it so cheap, to entice people to try it).

tho I did do the Skydeck at the top of the Sears (Willis) Tower (higher at 103 floors up):

10268589_776675422350458_8888931431652472806_n.jpg

I'll definitely check it out once the tourist season dies down a bit. The view from the Hancock is a million times better than the Sears Tower anyway. Plus the Hancock has the added bonus of a Cheesecake Factory on the ground floor!

The Hancock always had literally NO wait for the Observatory though, despite the better view. I bet it will be super long now. I hope they plan to have some sort of FastPass set up.

Edited by DanM64

I'll definitely check it out once the tourist season dies down a bit. The view from the Hancock is a million times better than the Sears Tower anyway. Plus the Hancock has the added bonus of a Cheesecake Factory on the ground floor!

The Hancock always had literally NO wait for the Skydeck though, despite the better view. I bet it will be super long now. I hope they plan to have some sort of FastPass set up.

it's included in the CityPass book (took us about 5 minutes at the Willis Tower (despite two hour plus wait), and got us right into Hancock Observatory, although, as you note, there wasn't much of a line. . so the CityPass didn't really save any time here).

but yeah. . if you are doing several attractions in Chicago, CityPass is way to go.

^Never knew that. Thanks! I've never bought a CityPass before. I'm in Chicago 5-6 days a week for work, so I only do the tourist-y stuff when it's something new or someone is visiting from out of town. I plan on doing the Tilt soon since it's different. The CityPass is awesome if you plan on doing all those attractions. I hope they set up some type of Fast Pass without having to buy all the attractions for the locals, though.

^Never knew that. Thanks! I've never bought a CityPass before. I'm in Chicago 5-6 days a week for work, so I only do the tourist-y stuff when it's something new or someone is visiting from out of town. I plan on doing the Tilt soon since it's different. The CityPass is awesome if you plan on doing all those attractions. I hope they set up some type of Fast Pass without having to buy all the attractions for the locals, though.

it was worth the $94 bucks for "CP admission" (basically fast pass) at: Shedd Aquarium (I bypassed an HOURS plus line that wrapped down the stairs and around the building. . seriously).

it was also a great deal at the Art Institute of Chicago (again, bypassed at least an hour line). .

but I think it's either Museum of Science and Industry (well worth it) OR Hancock (now called 360) Observatory. . but there's a coupon to do the other choice for 1/2 price (so we did the Museum on Science on the cheap on Monday)

it's good for 9 days from 1st coupon use, and here are the attractions it gets you into: (with upgrades included, such as audio tour, 3D/4D/IMAX films at the museums, Virtual Ride, and upcharge attractions at each place all included).

Shedd Aquarium

VIP Entry

Skydeck Chicago

Fast Pass

The Field Museum

All-Access Pass

Museum of Science and Industry

or

360 CHICAGO

Adler Planetarium

or

Art Institute of Chicago

seriously, can NOT recommend it enough. . . it's worth the $94 even if you only do the two tall buildings and the Art Institute (tho the Field Museum is an amazing History museum as well, and I spent a good 5 hours there)

30 degrees, although I would have liked it to be 180 DEGREES!!!

Well, you can just stand there upside down

90 DEGREES would be a really cool experience (I think)

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I'm scared to even go near the railing on the 2nd floor of a shopping mall I'm so scared of heights, yet I'll go on any ride there is. If I ever had to evac off a lift hill I would die, but the height of 4ides and coasters while I'm on them doesn't scare me in the least. No one understands it, they all think I'm weird.

The Sears Tower Ledge scared the crap out of me, and I'm sure the Tilt will, too. Looking forward to it!