TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Drum & Bugle Corps/ Marching Band

rydrmr9

Hey everyone,

My name is Ryan Anderson and I've been really big into drum corps and the marching arts for as long as I can remember. I just wanted to see if there was anyone else besides myself who was in marching band in high school or has marched in a drum corps or has done WGI.

This summer I'll be marching with the Spirit of Atlanta Drum & Bugle Corps playing baritone. We start our summer training on May 23rd and our first show of the season is the Rockford IL on June 20th.

For those who may not know what drum corps is:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

As soon as I took my first roll steps in marching band 5 years ago, I knew I was hooked. Soon after, I discovered DCI, which I aspired to be in someday. I haven't completed this dream yet, but there's always next season to audition for Phantom Regiment!

I just went to an open class event last night. Blue Devils B won. Regardless of the standings, it's so impressive to see such a large group of people invest themselves in an activity with such heart.

I posted about this time last year (see above), and our show "Only the Beginning" ended up winning a bronze medal at the SCSBOA Championships!

This year, our show is titled "Time" and we are about 13 pages into drill. I'm still euphonium, playing with a section of 5. Currently sandwiched between the two weeks of summer camp at the moment!