TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Family Guy: The Quest For Stuff

DerekRx

As promised, following EA's success with The Simpson's: Tapped Out, Fox and Tiny Co have created a very similar Family Guy game. The game is very true to the Family Guy TV series and simple enough to figure out after a few minutes of play. It's not just a total rip off of Simpson's either, there are some new things and items to gather to complete tasks and unlock characters. Right now it looks like the only way to visit friends' towns is to log in via Facebook, but the game is pretty fun and amusing so far! It's free to download with in app purchases, so if you love Family Guy and want to run your own Quahog grab the game from the AppStore or Marketplace and join the fun!

Post if you're playing and share what you've discovered.

Edited by DerekRx

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really do like it so far. Thanks for starting the thread Derek! Slightly 'harder' than the Simpsons which I think is a good thing. I'm not a fan that so far the only way to visit friends' towns is by being Facebook friends with them. I hope they change that somehow in the future.

Where is everyone at? I'm on Level 5 and waiting a few hours to get 'stuff' to unlock Bruce.

Currently at level 4 and just have been getting the hang of the game play today. I like that it's a bit more in depth as far as play goes than Simpsons. Of course with just starting and having a whole lot going on again it might just be something fresh and a lot of quick tasks and things overlapping making it interesting.

Currently midway on level 4, waiting on a cheeseburger to finish unlocking Jerome, building the Founding Father to give me Bruce, and Bonnie is twerking on the stripper pole. Enjoying the more challenging aspect of it, and the animations for all the tasks. Hopefully it continues with all the characters with their tasks instead of in TSTO where some characters just go in a building and that's that.

I'm playing and so far I like the extra level of quests required to complete the tasks. It adds a little more depth and potentially could help keep minor characters involved later in the game. I will say the dragging the task to the person may become tedious if you ever end up setting people on tasks while waiting for the next update.

I also managed to mess up the Facebook sign in on my game. I backed out of linking it to Facebook and now every time I try to log in, Consuela pops up and says no. Right after I posted this, I checked in the "Help and Support" section of the Main Menu and it told me how to fix it.)

Currently playing myself. I think I'm level 3 or 4, not sure haha. It does seem harder than Simpsons, and I like that you have to do things in order to unlock characters. That's a big plus over TSTO.

I do agree with Elissa though, they need to have a feature where you can be "neighbors" with people that are not friends on FB or G+...

I do agree with Elissa though, they need to have a feature where you can be "neighbors" with people that are not friends on FB or G+...

(Wearing my ex-game producers hat here)

You have to remember that EA has had Origin for YEARS (decades, even) - FOX/TinyCo doesn't have that kind of infrastructure. Their two options are using GameCenter (iOS Only) and a common platform between a wide variety of players (social media) where the masses are already familiar with this type of connection. (How many stupid Candy Crush invites do I get on Facebook???)

So as annoying as it may be, it makes sense. Developing a connectivity platform like Origin is almost as big of a task as coming up with a new game on it's own. So I have a feeling you'll probably not see anything like that come along for a while for this game (if ever) especially when Facebook gives you their connectivity API basically for free with the only cost to the development being integration and testing.

Edited by robbalvey

^ I absolutely understand. I't not something that I'd delete the game over, more of an annoyance I can live to deal with. In all reality I don't want to annoy my friends with those invites (I usually hate them myself, games like this are guilty pleasures to me, why do I have to share it with the rest of the world!!!).

Side note, anyone figure out how to delete quests? The one about buying coins is useless to me, as I don't purchase anything on these freemium games really. I just enjoy them for what they are.

Just started playing. Seems really well done so far. I'm liking all the animation work, and the dialog has gotten me to laugh a couple of times.

On the Facebook thing, does it auto-spam your entire contact list and/or post to your timeline without permission? I'm always wary of connecting to these games through Facebook because I don't want to do these things.

dt

^Thanks! Good to know, some games are terrible. I'm not a fan of games that want you to use FB, but I get why they're doing it, as Robb already explained it. I just don't want stupid apps and games bothering people, or posting stuff to my timeline that will take away from all=important Ice Bat and food updates.

dt

^Agreed. I'm trying to micromanage what tasks one character who has multiple quest components going on can accomplish while another character needed for the same quest is finishing up something.

Looks like it is crashing now when visiting neighbors. I can get 2 coins from Soupy, but if I try to get the third it kicks me out.

Just started playing. Interesting gameplay.

While Bonnie's getting drunk, I sat here making Peter do a 6 second task to build up money. I just wonder how important is the currency in this game?

And how do you get more clams? Are they like donuts in TSTO?

Anywho, I think the graphics and animations are good, as is the dialogue. Not the biggest fan of the show, but this game does have promise.

Yes, clams are like donuts in TSTO. If you tap on the + at the top displaying the number of clams you have! it will bring up pricing for a certain amount of clams. The same happens if you tap the + on the coins bar, it'll show pricing to purchase more coins. Certain quests (I believe shown with a small gift box in the quest bar) also give clams when the quest is completely finished. Occasionally you'll get a clam from visiting neighboring towns as well, though I'm still having the glitch where it kicks me out of the game if I tap on a third Quahogian.

....though I'm still having the glitch where it kicks me out of the game if I tap on a third Quahogian.

Hmmm. I didn't have that problem (yet). Though I'm probably only going to play this on my iPad. It did prompt me to visit the other town (6-7 FB friends). Looking at where I am vs. someone like Elissa at level 6 already, seems like I have a long way to go.

Fun so far.

I was having a lot of issues this morning getting into friends towns but it seems to be working now.

Money is really important and right now I don't have enough to do several things. I also feel like with some of these tasks they're making it really hard without using Clams. I have only used clams to buy a new mexican worker, but I've been trying to unlock Mort for days now and it just takes FOREVER!!!

EDIT - Nevermind, glitch is back and keeps kicking me out with even the first tap in a neighbors town.

Edited by SharkTums

So I'm now only getting that 'third tap' glitch in three peoples towns: Chris, Hector, and Daren. Weird!

Does anyone know is there a way to see how much XP you have and how much till the next level or do you just have to estimate from the progress bar?