TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite Movie franchise

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the Blood and Ice Cream trilogy count?

While I love the first Jurassic Park movie to death, the last two installments were too weak for me to consider it my favorite franchise. I think Toy Story has been the most consistent at releasing amazing, quality movies. Back to the Future and Indiana Jones make a close second and are definitely the most fun (I actually liked Crystal Skull, and I happily invite your angry mob to dinner tonight). Kung Fu Panda is also headed in the same direction as Toy Story in terms of quality, though I don't watch the TV series. I also enjoy Final Destination when I'm in the mood for a fun, dumb movie.

The Lord of the ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings, The Dark Knight Trilogy, Star Wars Original Trilogy, Indiana Jones Trilogy. Toy Story is also a great one.

Yup, for me too. I would also add the Bourne trilogy and also quite liked the Hannibal films (even though I think Silence of the Lambs is wayyy better than the other two)

Does the Blood and Ice Cream trilogy count?

I was thinking about the 'Three Flavours Cornetto Trilogy.' I love Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, but I wasn't a big enough fan of The World's End to put it up there.

Yup, for me too. I would also add the Bourne trilogy and also quite liked the Hannibal films (even though I think Silence of the Lambs is wayyy better than the other two)

I actually just found Silence of the Lambs on TV yesterday. Better than I remembered. I have yet to see Hannibal and Red Dragon, though.

For me personally, I think the Back to The Future series was pretty amazing,

with all the time jumping continuity they had to deal with. Pretty awesome I thought.

My favorite all time:

Indiana Jones trilogy (The first movies I remember growing up)

The rest:

Lord of the Rings/Harry Potter/Fast and Furious (If they're on TV I won't change the channel even if I'm not paying attention)

Spider-Man (Favorite superhero)

Bourne trilogy (The first one gives me such a nostalgic feel, it's amazing)

First few SAW movies

Toy Story

My all time favorite franchises:

Halloween

Friday the 13th

Scary Movie (Excluding the awful 5th installment)

Harold and Kumar (Haven't seen the last one yet)

Cheech and Chong

Fast and the Furious

Jackass

Rush Hour

National Lampoon's

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the Future will always be my favourite franchise. I agree with the MCU being fantastic. Apart from Iron Man 2, all the Marvel movies have been either good or amazing. Toy Story is brilliant too.

Saw is probably my favourite horror movie franchise, even though I didn't like 2 and 7. I think Saw 6 was incredibly under-rated. It's a shame a lot people gave up on it.

Jurassic Park. I consider the two books absolute perfection and the movies were fantastic. Granted the third one was not on par with the other two (most likely because it was not based on a book), I still love the series to death. I'm so pumped for Jurassic World, as it had better live up to the high expectations I'm placing upon it!

Jurassic Park. I consider the two books absolute perfection and the movies were fantastic. Granted the third one was not on par with the other two (most likely because it was not based on a book), I still love the series to death. I'm so pumped for Jurassic World, as it had better live up to the high expectations I'm placing upon it!

Exactly, I'm cool with aquatic dinos, but there are rumors about trained T-Rex's and Raptors. If that happens I'm done with faith in sequels.

• 4 weeks later...

The thing is the CGI in Jurassic Park stands up to this day, it still looks impressive IMO.

I don't know if you'd call this a franchise, but the original Romero zombie trilogy for me:

Night of the Living Dead (1968)

Dawn Of The Dead (1978)

Day Of The Dead (1985)