TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Work Out Thread

Hi everyone! I decided to start to work out and get a good body shape before college. I believe a lot of people here are planning to be fit or lose weight but do not have enough motivation so here is a thread for all of you.

Anyone wants to start working out or already is working out, please post about your experience and progression in this thread, let us tell the whole world that coaster enthusiasts can be as fit as those models at Abercrombie and have no problem with Intamin seats! ( I think most of you knows what I mean )

If you have any good work out plans, diets and suggestions, don't be afraid to share! If you already have a six pack, perfect legs and strong arms etc, don't be shy to post some pictures of yourself to motivate us all.

Start working out today!

Photo from Google.

image.thumb.jpg.28e17ce808713a9b3a591cf444aafd8b.jpg

image.jpg.39b7f80978fa50fb17b0dfa64278f594.jpg

image.jpg.8ba4c26bffe841e91e3d48442100557b.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.dc4f6d31d24dd6022fc504b81f77b713.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working out used to be one of my personal favorite hobbies, unfortunately I can't visit my college's gym and haven't for 3 months now. Even though I live right next to a Gym, it costs around $350 bucks to join. So I've been considering the buy with extreme caution.

Anyways, When I did workout, I found doing cardio first before hitting at the weights helped tremendously in my motivation. Also, running is awsome!

^I don't know about subway but you probably shouldn't limit yourself to three or four dishes of salad as it would become something that, in my opinion, most people wouldn't be able to maintain for a long time. Obviously you shouldn't eat loads of fat but a nice variety of food is okay.

I just have one question: we all know that it is really hard to get a body like those models as most of them work every day and dedicate most of their lives to being like that. For most of us who study or have a job it is not that simple. My question is: is it possible for someone who has a permanent occupation (like a job) to ever be like one of those models? Because I've been training Karte for a long time and even though most of us are in very good shape (I actually get there two hours before the class starts to use some of the Gym-like equipment we have and them the train itself is two hours long, three times a week) no one has a perfect body like those guys do and this is something that, as you can imagine, takes a long time every week and that's all I can do because of classes. I don't want to demotivate anyone but I get the feeling that unless you dedicate A LOT of time to get like that (because the exercises you do to gain strength or endurance are different from the ones you do just to get muscled) you won't really get like them, almost as if the image of perfection of a man (or woman) portrayed these days is very very hard achieve for someone like us. I speak for myself, I too would like to be like those models and some of the exercises I do are just to gain muscle and even though I have gained some and, overall, I think I'm okay I'm not "perfect" like those guys, just saying.

^^^^I know I am probably gonna get veal for this since I already tryed creating a topic on it and everyone gave me deal. But I am a strong beleiver is crossfit. All you need is 30 mins a day. My wife is a full time vet student and works a 40 hour week job and she does cross first, she in tremendous shape. But I'm sure you all know it's not all about working out, work out can't keep up with your diet, it's 80% diet 20% gym.

I just have one question: we all know that it is really hard to get a body like those models as most of them work every day and dedicate most of their lives to being like that. For most of us who study or have a job it is not that simple. My question is: is it possible for someone who has a permanent occupation (like a job) to ever be like one of those models?

Absolutely. You only need 30 minutes to an hour for working out. In fact I remember seeing one of those motivational posters at my doctor's office saying how there are many people busier than you and I combined and how it takes an hour a day to keep in shape etc, somewhere along those lines. You really only need to work out 3-4 days a week, especially if you're just starting.

When it comes to working out I feel like the one of the most important things to keep in mind is patience. I started weightlifting about three and a half months ago, for the most part I still look the same (at least that's what it seems to me). But yesterday someone actually mentioned how my shoulders were a lot bulkier, which I was more than happy to hear. All I've been doing is simple compound exercise (Benchpress, squats, deadlifts etc). It's also good to change up your workout routine after a month or so. Just keep a good diet, maintain your strength and keep an open mind, and you should be getting the results you want.

^I actually started noticing differences pretty quickly but then after a while I sort of stabilized and haven't changed much since. And while I would say I have everything in place and, overall, in good shape I'm not like those guys in the pictures.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^There is no short term way to safely lose a lot of weight. The secret to weight loss that millions spend billions on is this, consume fewer calories then you burn. That is all there is to it. A pound of fat has the equivalent of about 3500 calories so to lose 2lbs a week you need to burn 1000 more calories then you consume.

My recommendation is to change your eating habits. You are eating to much other wise you wouldn't need to diet. Learn portion control. Most people can't figure out how much of something they are consuming. A 4oz piece of chicken is maybe 125 calories. Find out what 4oz looks like and adjust your portion accordingly. Do this with all foods you eat. Eat a balanced diet.

Know how many calories are in everything you eat. Read the labels or look it up on line.

Exercise more. Weight lifting is great for weight loss. You burn calories while you lift and more to rebuild your muscles afterwards. Mix in aerobic exercise for better over all health.

Drink lots of water! Soda, diet soda coffee and tea don't count. Limit those as much as possible. I try and drink about 80 ounces a day. The best way I have found to do that is to drink a bottle before every meal. That way I'm not as hungry and I only have to drink another bottles worth through out the day.

Weight loss is 80% diet, 20% exercise

Good Luck