TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Are You up to date?

Nope to none. I rather spend my money on other things. I do not see the point of buying a new version of an electronic as soon as it comes out.

I subscribe to this way of thinking, too. It's VERY rare that I'll go out and buy a brand spankin' new electronic the day or even week it's released. The ONLY exception (sometimes) is the iPhone because I use it so much for TPR photos that I like to have whatever the latest (and usually best) camera is. That being said, I did NOT feel the 5S camera was that significant of an improvement with the 5 (I've done plenty of side-by-side comparisons and I have zero use for slow-mo video recording) so I opted not to get that one.

I did recently buy a new Macbook Pro, but that was like 5 months after the new ones came out!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are You up to date?

Hardware wise? Then the short answer is, no.

Do you have the newest iPhone

Newest Ipod

The Ipad Air?

Newest Tablet?

I don't understand this, do you really need apple products to be up to date?

I only have one apple product, and the reason I got it was that it was discounted through the university.

It's the last PPC iBook, so no it's not up to date

The rest of my hardware is as follows:

Computer, at least 4-5 years old, still works for what I use it for, bought an SSD so it's a lot faster than it used to be.

Monitor, is a Korea imported one, 27" 1440p goodness, for next to nothing compared to what they cost here in Sweden

Phone, a soon 2 year old Sony Xperia U, I'm dreading to get a new one if this one breaks, the new ones are just way too big in my view.

Tablet, recently bought a refurbished first generation Nexus 7 tablet, and loving it. I don't really see why you need more than this, have more or less replaced my phones in many cases.

So nothing of my stuff are not up to date, but who cares, they all work beautifully. Don't really see the point of getting the newest all the time, you just increase the e-waste for no real difference.

Do you have a new 55' Flat screen or a 30" Box?

I use my monitor to watch the stuff I want.

Or just an old flip phone?

I actually crave for one again, sure smart-phones are cool and all that, but my tablet have more or less made me ditched my phone, except for calling and the occasional sms, also real buttons are way better than any on-screen crap. Too bad that the new flip-phones are so awful compared to those that existed just before smart-phones arrived.

Why can't the awesome phones that are sold in Japan exist here in Europe!!!

Flip-phones FTW!!

I buy things when I truly need them. I have an iPhone 5 after using a 3GS for two and a half years. I will probably not buy a new iPhone until 7 is released.

College is coming up so I will get my first lap top that would be great enough for around 7 years.

I am not into music so no iPod. iPad and TV are unnecessary for me as well.

Nope to none. I rather spend my money on other things. I do not see the point of buying a new version of an electronic as soon as it comes out.

I subscribe to this way of thinking, too. It's VERY rare that I'll go out and buy a brand spankin' new electronic the day or even week it's released. The ONLY exception (sometimes) is the iPhone because I use it so much for TPR photos that I like to have whatever the latest (and usually best) camera is. That being said, I did NOT feel the 5S camera was that significant of an improvement with the 5 (I've done plenty of side-by-side comparisons and I have zero use for slow-mo video recording) so I opted not to get that one.

I did recently buy a new Macbook Pro, but that was like 5 months after the new ones came out!

That does make sense Robb. I still have my 4S and am finally getting a new phone next month - more then likely not a iphone. I just do not use it like it should be used for and its a waste. I basically just text and talk to people on my phone so I do not need much.