TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

So I'm finally going to propose

Hercules

So some of you have known me for a while. Some have not. Some care. Some really don't. I'm writing this anyway.

After 12 lovely years, and ups and downs in our relationship, I am finally going to ask my lovely girlfriend to marry me. It has been a while, and we are already pretty much married anyway - we have owned a home for 5 years this past November and everything and the whole bit.

She loves Christmas and there really isn't a better time to ask her than during the holiday season. I'm going to write something nice up hide the ring in the tree for her to find and dig out. I got a great deal on a very nice ring, and I'm really happy with it. I'm just hoping she will like it.

This got me thinking, how did all of the lucky married people around here propose?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats!

We can't legally get married in Texas, but the moment for us was when we were walking thru Macy's and they were having a great sale in the jewelry department.

so we went and looked, and my Partner found a Men's wedding ring he really liked, and he tried it on, and it fit!

and the sales lady says, you know, I think we have a matching one like that. . and she comes back with the same ring from another case, and I try it on and IT FIT.

so we bought them right there, and that was pretty much it

(we're holding off on the actual ceremony until it's legal here, but we've been together for 10 years in Jan, we've owned our house together for 6 years this May, and we bought the rings 7 years ago and wear them every day.

Congrats!

I proposed in Vegas at the Bellagio Fountains - some romantic song (I believe it was Frank Sinatra?) set the mood but that was all a blur - I just remember time slowing down while I got down on one knee and looked up at her hoping for a huge smile and a "YES!" ...I was 99% certain, but you never know nowadays. I think the traditional proposal is best, but to each his own... perhaps that's your goal after she opens the best gift ever. It was one of the best times of my life, cherish every moment and don't rush anything that day.

I'm going to write something nice up...

Have you figured out how to wrap the 'nice letter' or note?

Multiple boxes and layers of duct tape making her work hard for that 'final gift' ?!

I wish I knew you and could ask how you got away with 12 yrs before popping the question!

Good luck, God Bless, and if you have questions about anything you can always PM me even though we haven't met in person...yet.

----------------

Years later... things changed with her hormones, blah blah blah I wont bore you but am thankful for the time shared with her and still cannot think of a better way I could have proposed at that moment. Single Father and still looking for a woman that can fill the void for the rest of my life

Jay - To me your life ended when you became a vegetarian. Then you went vegan. You might as well completely ruin your life by making it official with the girlfriend.

Best of luck man!

Thanks to everyone for your congrats, but I certainly appreciate this from Larry the most. Thanks Larry!!!

^ I'll probably go a little more traditional. Write up something about how I love her and stuff, have her find the box in the tree, and get on one knee or something (and then have my dog come over and start licking my face and humping my leg to bust in and ruin the romance of the moment, but that is just how it is around here).

We honestly never really considered marriage seriously up until a couple of years ago. And I wanted to wait until she finally decided what she wanted to do with her work life. She is going to be graduating law school this year, and I'm pretty sure (pretty sure) she won't be going back for any kind of schooling any time soon, so I think this should work out pretty well.

Congrats on your engagement!

Is thinking you should post a picture of the girl and the ring! The gay in me really wants to see!

I was thinking the same thing lol

Congrats!

We can't legally get married in Texas, but the moment for us was when we were walking thru Macy's and they were having a great sale in the jewelry department.

so we went and looked, and my Partner found a Men's wedding ring he really liked, and he tried it on, and it fit!

and the sales lady says, you know, I think we have a matching one like that. . and she comes back with the same ring from another case, and I try it on and IT FIT.

so we bought them right there, and that was pretty much it

(we're holding off on the actual ceremony until it's legal here, but we've been together for 10 years in Jan, we've owned our house together for 6 years this May, and we bought the ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings 7 years ago and wear them every day.

Congrats!! If we can get it in Utah I am sure Texas won't be too far behind Plus I am moving there I want to get married eventually without having to travel to another state.