Snowboarding/Skiing

Beginners, Intermediates, Advanced, all are welcome!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
I LOVE GUACAMOLE

Re: Snowboarding/Skiing

Postby Coupon » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:01 pm

This might be the worst season ever in terms of snow for my local resort.
Instead of snow, we're forecasted to get 5 inches of rain this weekend..
I regret buying a season pass so much! :(
Last edited by Coupon on Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:28 pm.

I rummage through Intamin's garbage

Location: Switzerland, 5 miles away from Intamin's main location

Postby K1ngdaKa88 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:18 pm

^ I can understand you, some winters here we had time to go skiing just a few times because we didn't had enough snow. This year we have now much snow, but only since middle of January!
I'm happy to go skiing tomorrow, even if it is going to be clowdy!
Count: 212 (193 Steel & 19 Wood) 37 Parks
Steel: 1. Expedition GeForce (Holiday Park) 2. Shambhala (Port Aventura) 3. Taron (Phantasialand) 4. Kärnan (Hansa Park) 5. Helix (Liseberg)
Woodies: 1. Wildfire (Kolmården) 2. Troy (Toverland) 3. White Lightning (Fun Spot) 4. Colossos (Heide Park) 5. El Toro (Freizeitpark Plohn)
Sorry if my English isn't perfect, I'm from Switzerland!
Youtube Channel

NE Pancake Maker

Postby nicman » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:59 am

^^That sucks, we got hit with some really warm weather around Christmas so ALL of our snow melted, but after a few weeks the weather started to get cold and now we have tons of snow. We have not gotten any weather over 1 degree since January.
Favorite Park: CW
Favorite Ride: Leviathan

NE Pancake Maker

Postby nicman » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:04 am

I have another snowboarding run, Make sure to watch in 1080p:

Postby K1ngdaKa88 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:13 am

^ you're a lucky guy, because I was skiing today and the weather was horrible. The upper half of the Mountain was inside the fog, the under half was under the fog. It also was snowing and winding! But one thing was cool: no lines and not too many people on the slopes! Otherwise some slopes looked like nobody went there for today and they also were in the fog!
Steel: 1. Expedition GeForce (Holiday Park) 2. Shambhala (Port Aventura) 3. Taron (Phantasialand) 4. Kärnan (Hansa Park) 5. Helix (Liseberg)
Woodies: 1. Wildfire (Kolmården) 2. Troy (Toverland) 3. White Lightning (Fun Spot) 4. Colossos (Heide Park) 5. El Toro (Freizeitpark Plohn)
Youtube Channel

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:56 am

It's been a super warm winter in Tahoe this year. Last weekend, it was raining at the summit! This week we are pushing 70. Great winter for doing stuff at home, terrible winter for snowboarding and for water.

NE Pancake Maker

Postby nicman » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:36 pm

Today I went snowboarding and it was great. All powdery and great temperature (-15C). I also found some awesome back-country kind trails with tons of snow. But I hit my nose and it started to bleed a ton when I was doing my 360. But right now everything is okay.

Postby K1ngdaKa88 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:53 am

^ cool
Yesterday evening I went sledging in the dark! (I know it isn't Skiing or Snowboarding, but it is a Winter sport) The cool was that we didn't had to walk up because we were sitting on the sledges and the ski lift pulled us up! And down we were also pretty fast, around 60kph (nearly 40mph)! A few times I nearly felt off the sledge, but I stayed on it! Once I had short Airtime!! :airtime: And the most important is, that we had fun! =)
Youtube Channel

NE Pancake Maker

Postby nicman » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:11 am

^Sounds like fun, the other day when I went snowboarding with my school, we had a race and I felt a lot of forces.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby GwaziBSRider1 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:16 am

It's been too damn cold to go skiing here lately. I bought a season pass this year, and there's no way I'm going to get my money's worth at this point. The next time I'm even going to have the opportunity to go isn't until the third week of March.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random