Blowing S#!& up!

Inside look at 3rd of July fireworks show
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Re: Blowing S#!& up!

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:58 pm

This is always one of my favorite Photo Reports to revisit. So much fun. We launched about a hundred 2" mortars this year, and they were thrilling. Just out of curiosity, what is the cost breakdown for shows of this type? On average it cost me about a buck a shot. If you do know, or for that matter if anyone here knows, how much do the 3" and 4" mortars cost, as well as the price range for those cakes.

KidTums' personal piano player

Postby wrs28330 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:09 pm

Yep, we did another show this year. The public is always welcome to watch from the public beach at Will Roger's State Beach. It is always on July 3rd at 9pm.

The show in the video costs about $15,000, keeping in mind that the price includes the various permits, Fire Marshall, operator costs, and of course the product itself. Sadly I have no clue what the actual break down of shells and cakes are. :/

Hope you had a good time with your mortars!

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:31 pm

Oh yeah! We had a blast! Pun intended.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:03 pm

Guy T. Koepp wrote:This is always one of my favorite Photo Reports to revisit. So much fun. We launched about a hundred 2" mortars this year, and they were thrilling. Just out of curiosity, what is the cost breakdown for shows of this type? On average it cost me about a buck a shot. If you do know, or for that matter if anyone here knows, how much do the 3" and 4" mortars cost, as well as the price range for those cakes.

Consumer stuff or professional?

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:08 am

^Honestly Joey, I don't know if I would know the difference. The mortars that we fire off look exactly like the ones that they were using. Except that ours were a bit smaller. They were sold and purchased as 2" mortar shells. Many of them had several stages of firework combined together. We even bought several fiberglass launch tubes and the fuses were long enough to tie together so we could launch several at a time.

Is the difference between consumer and professional just diameter of the mortar? Or just what is deemed legal for sale without a permit in accordance with the local law?

Postby Jew » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:40 pm

consumer fireworks can only have 60g of powder per shell or 500g total per cake. The diameter of the shells are just marketing gimmicks, since no matter what that's the load can't legally exceed those limits.

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:07 pm

^Very interesting! Good to know.

Postby Jew » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:10 pm

I ejumacated myself by reading pyrouniverse.com

I will also probably be making a run to Parhump next year to partake in blowing stuff up!

Previous

Return to Random, Random, Random