Negative Gs on public transport/cars

To the skies!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Re: Negative Gs on public transport/cars

Postby dropzonefan » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:23 pm

Elevators usually make me lose my stomach when they defend quickly, but for some strange reason coasters and most rides I don't. The only rides where I' lose my stomach/get butterflies are drop towers.
Signatures are for n00bs!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby azza29 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:39 pm

There's a tram/streetcar route in Melbourne that has a tight S-bend, even at low speeds you can get some serious lateral Gs on that one.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby DanM64 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:57 pm

In High School I had a bus driver everyone nicknamed "Otto" because he looked like a spitting image of Otto from The Simpsons, and if you asked, he'd take a side street home from school, and go flying over a hill that would make you pop out of your seat.

Sometimes heavy rain will form a soft spot to form on the train tracks, and I've literally bounced completely out of the seat. 210 ton locomotives give some amazing ejector air if you get them bouncing doing 50-70mph! I just went over a big one about 2 months ago. Flew out of my seat, and all my paperwork got tossed around. Those are really rare though, since as soon as you find spots like that the track inspectors temporarily lower the speed limit in that spot, and they fix them right away.

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:32 pm

The western part of the Saddle Road on the Big Island in Hawaii is still a curvy road that provides a good amount of airtime and laterals if you drive at a good amount of speed.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:43 am

I know this might be too technical but unless someone is driving a car that has significant downforce it is almost impossible to experience actual negative Gs. 0g is what happens most of the times, I suppose. Still, it is very fun. There is a stretch of road between where I live and a nearby city where I always ask my dad or mom to speed up in order to get some floater air. However, if you have a sports car with a lot of downforce it is possible to get airtime, in fact, some supercar manufacturers say some of their models can drive upside down (in a tunnel, for instance) so, in theory, it is possible to get hangtime too.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:56 am

When I am in my office at work in my chair. I pull that handle and it drops very fast. I can even spin :b :airtime:
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Fire2box » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:43 am

Going to SF: Discovery Kingdom on highway 12, west bound maybe 15-20 miles before fairfield I think, there's these like 35-60 foot or so rolling hills. If you speed trough them you can get some form of lift going but not enough to sustain it for more then a split second. It's a horrible idea though given Highway 12 has been called "Blood Alley" for a reason given it's mostly 2-lane highway with no dividers. Think that's in reference to people trying to pass and getting creamed by a on coming car or worse yet, semi.

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:00 pm

grsupercity wrote:When I am in my office at work in my chair. I pull that handle and it drops very fast. I can even spin :b :airtime:

Office chair: Drop of Doom
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

On the other side of the camera

Postby WillMontu » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:43 pm

There are two sections of road that I know about locally that give some air. There's an intersection in the northern part of Gainesville (I believe it was 6th St and 39th Ave) that provided a small pop when taken at speed, and outside of town on the way to Williston there is a railway crossing that also gives a nice pop of airtime.

Random stuff and poop

Postby spinning man » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:04 am

2 weeks ago when I was in Colombia visiting the family, I went on a bus to return home. The roads there are crap and the suspension on the buses are terrible, and it doesn't help that they drive like mad over there. Anyway, the bus i was on was going over a bridge which had some bumps and cracks on a section where it seemed as if they were too lazy to fill the gap where they put it in as sections when building it. The driver was going quick, and as soon as we reached the gap, the back of the bus flung into the air. I was sitting in the back so that didn't help matters. I was in mid air for a good 1.5 seconds and as soon as my backside hit the plastic chairs we were sitting on, it made a loud slap. I was surprised my back didn't hurt after that, but by far that was the most airtime I have experienced on public transport.

Here's a video very similar to what i experienced.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random