TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ross's Big Green Egg-venture

^I've been reading up like crazy on this lately. I think I want one of the Primo Oval kamados. The shape allows for easier grilling because you can set up 2 different heat zones. I've read this is much harder to do on standard round kamados.

Now to save up the crazy amount of money required for a Primo.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Interesting, adds another dimension to the BBQ . For the most part I'm usually doing only one thing so it is either direct or indirect. Heat. I do have a half round stone so I can do both at the same time. Haven't found a need yet. Maybe when I start cooking a whole meal it will come in handy.

• 6 months later...

Finally upgraded to the Large size Green Egg. Been using the small now for just over 2 years and it was time to get something bigger. Our local distributor had a big Demo day this past Saturday and I purchased the Large, with a bunch of free accessories, for less than a same size Komodo.

Now I need to build a table and ready to get cooking.

• 2 weeks later...
Finally upgraded to the Large size Green Egg. Been using the small now for just over 2 years and it was time to get something bigger. Our local distributor had a big Demo day this past Saturday and I purchased the Large, with a bunch of free accessories, for less than a same size Komodo.

Now I need to build a table and ready to get cooking.

Kind of funny because I'm thinking of moving from a large to an extra large.