The Mega Millions Lottery is up to $640Million! Who's in?

***Update. Mickey D's lady isn't the Mega Lotto Winner!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
X is the best. Tatsu sucks.

Re: The Mega Millions Lottery is up to $640Million! Who's in

Postby smartestcoasterkidever! » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:24 pm

I'm from Kansas. I'm hoping someone I know wins ;D Haha.

The playground is where I spend most of my days

Postby UrbanLegend » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:01 pm

How long before the "the lottery actually ruins your life" articles start coming out again?
-Did you just say you have the right to be an attorney?
-Well, everyone has the right to be an attorney, if they want to.

I make music: https://tigercastle.bandcamp.com

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: The Mega Millions Lottery is up to $540Million! Who's in

Postby larrygator » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:58 pm

BeemerBoy wrote: If I win, you people would never know it.

Actually, you would not have a choice in certain states. For example, the winners with the Maryland and Kansas tickets can remain anonymous but Illinois winner is obligated to appear at a press conference.

For the record - I did not win either.
Last edited by larrygator on Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:46 pm.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:20 pm

I'm not the Maryland winner. My dreams of a cat-feeding robot will have to be put on hold...

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: The Mega Millions Lottery is up to $540Million! Who's in

Postby ginzo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:37 pm

BeemerBoy wrote:The guy cashed out for the lump $80 million payment, and still lives nearby. However, he has basically become a recluse do to the overwhelming attention from family, friends, and people across the globe who you wouldn't ever imagine even knowing about his existence. Without question, the lottery, if not handled correctly, is easily the biggest curse one could ever endure.

If I win, you people would never know it.

Yeah, the brother of my mom's coworkers won an 8-figure lottery prize several years back. The fast talking scam artists came out of the woodwork faster than you could ever imagine. He lost several million in some sort of restaurant investment scam. He is not an unsophisticated guy either. It all just happened so quickly that he made a snap decision without talking to anyone else about it.

Fortunately, he's still got a fair amount of his winnings left and has been able to put all his nieces and nephews in a large extended family through college. Not bad.

Lesson learned: Scam artists are smarter than you. If you ever win, shut up and hire a lawyer.
"There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs some tweaking,"

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby beatle11 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:14 pm

UrbanLegend wrote:How long before the "the lottery actually ruins your life" articles start coming out again?

Right about now... :lmao:

http://www.jobsnhire.com/articles/1470/20120402/mega-millions-mess-maryland-winner-mirlande-wilson.htm

Mega Millions Mess: Maryland 'Winner' Mirlande Wilson Won’t Share Portion Of $656M With Coworkers

One Mega Millions miracle has turned into nothing short of a mess.

The Mega Millions mania that hit the nation just last week ended with three winners claiming golden tickets for the $656 million cash prize. One winner was announced from Illinois, another from Kansas and a third from Baltimore. But the supposed Maryland winner has turned this jackpot into a Mega Millions mess.

Mirlande Wilson, 37, told the New York Post that she has no intention of sharing her $105 million portion of the $656 million jackpot with her McDonald's co-workers, who say they pooled their cash for lottery tickets. Wilson swears she purchased the winning ticket herself.

"We had a group plan, but I went and played by myself. [The 'winning' ticket] wasn't on the group plan," said the Maryland winner.

"I was in the group, but this was separate. The winning ticket was a separate ticket," the single mother of seven said. The New York Post caught up with her as she left church with her fiancé in the destitute neighborhood of Westport.

"I don't know if I won. Some of the numbers were familiar. I recognized some of [them],'' she said. "I don't know why'' people are saying differently. "I'm going to go to the lottery office [today]. I bought some tickets separately."

If Wilson does, in fact, hold a winning ticket she could claim a lump sum of $105 million or $5.56 million each year for 26 years.

The winning Mega Millions numbers for the record-breaking jackpot were: 2, 4, 23, 38 and 46, and the Mega Ball 23.

If Mirlande Wilson purchased the Mega Millions ticket with her coworkers at McDonald's, she is in for a mess of trouble. The case would echo that of New Jerseyan Americo Lopes, who tried to swindle his five former colleagues out of their fair share of a $38.5 million jackpot win from November 2009. A Union County jury ordered Lopes to share the money from the win with the five men he worked construction with, according to the New York Times.

Wilson's saga might end in a similar fashion if she winds up being the legitimate winner and if she used money from an office pool to purchase the winning ticket.

"She can' t do this to us!" Suleiman Osman Husein, a shift manager who was one of a reported 15 members in the pool, told the Post. "We each paid $5. She took everybody's money!" Another man, who is the boyfriend of a McDonald's employee, said Wilson purchased the ticket for the group at the 7-Eleven in Millford Mill, where the winning ticket was sold.

After her shift on Friday, Mirlande Wilson reportedly headed to the 7-Eleven to purchase Mega Millions tickets for the pool with $5 she received from the owner of the McDonald's, Birul Desai. However, Wilson denies this. She claims she purchased a second group of tickets for herself with an unidentified friend and the winning ticket was among that group.

When Wilson told her coworkers that she had won, they were shocked.

One man, identified only as Allen, told the Post that he went to Mirlande Wilson's house to warn her of the consequences of not sharing her piece of the $656 million Mega Millions jackpot.

"These people are going to kill you. It's not worth your life!" Allen said he told Wilson, after knocking on her door for 20 minutes. "All right! All right! I'll share, but I can't find the ticket right now," she finally said, according to Allen.

Mirlande Wilson has not yet been confirmed as a Mega Millions winner. Lottery spokeswoman Carole Everett said Monday that no one had come forward with a ticket sold at a 7-Eleven store in Baltimore, according to FOX News.

The winners in Illinois and Kansas have not yet come forward, although it is known that the winning ticket in Illinois was sold at a convenience store in the small town of Red Bud.

Source:IBTimes

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby BelizeIt » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:18 pm

Well it's no surprise, the exMcD's employee(a complete mental case) didn't have the winning ticket. (as she claimed)

I would guess that her coworkers ripped that McD's apart looking for her 'missing ticket.'

Anyhow, congratulations to the real winners, three local teachers!

Postby Meteornotes » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:09 am

I'm shocked there was a crazy person in Baltimore that lied about having a ticket.

dt

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby printersdevil78 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:11 am

^Is that... sarcasm I sense? From Dave? :lol:

Postby Meteornotes » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:20 pm

^No, not possible...

dt

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random