TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your Favorite Hotel Chain

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would assume "best" would have to be one of the luxury chains like Four Seasons. The topic isn't "best value" or "your favorite", but rather "best". Personally, I wouldn't know because I don't stay in super luxury hotels.

Of the chains I've actually stayed in, my favorite is the Swiss hotel chain Mövenpick. It really kicked the crap out of any of the major US chains. The room was super high tech and completely sound proofed. You could see the sound baffles on the ceiling and the door made a "whoosh" sound when it closed. The lobby was incredibly noisy, but you heard nothing but silence in the room.

It depends on what I need to room for to be honest. If I'm going anywhere with my wife I try to stick us at a Hilton or some other nicer hotel. Marriott is a good choice because they always are clean, and they're located everywhere.

Oh all the places I've stayed (non-chain) the nicest was the Palms in Las Vegas. Due to a strange series of events (they got our room wrong, twice) I ended up getting moved into one of the nicer suites. The jacuzzi on the balcony really sealed the deal on that being the coolest room I've ever stayed in.

I remember a couple of years back, my family stayed at the Hyatt hotel in Atlanta. If most Hyatt hotels are like that one, then it is easily one of the best chains.

The best non-chain hotel I've stayed at, though, was the Flamingo in Vegas. My room was in one of the higher floors, with a beautiful view of the strip.

Where I stay usually depends on where I am. Drury Inns are our first choice, but we are also fond of Marriott's Select Service and Starwood Brands. All three have great rooms, but Drury Inns' extras make them our preferred choice. They have free snacks in the afternoon, free hot food(hot dogs, fried chicken, etc.) for dinner, free soda, free alcoholic drinks, an above average hot breakfast.

I am big fan of Hilton hotels as well. Hampton Inn and Embassy Suites are probably my favorite hotels to stay at. Embassy Suites is usually a little pricey but you can't beat the manager's reception and the AMAZING breakfast!!

I'm not sure I can really answer this because I have only stayed at 2 hotels that I clearly remember, neither of them were part of any chain. But I will say that my favorite hotel is the Waters Edge in Garden City Beach, SC. It has 15 floors, a huge pool that is half indoors/half outdoors, a grille, pizzeria, gift shop, bar(can't go into it though), and a fitness room. You get everything you need for a vacation without having to leave the hotel.

I've stayed at a lot of hotels, but we don't stay with the same chain often. So I'm just gonna have to say Motel 6 because all the ones I've stayed at had really odd rooms...specifically really weird showers...so I thought that was always mildly entertaining to see.