What live concert do you look forward to this year?

Seeing any conerts this year? Tell others about them!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
I know EXACTLY where my passport is!

Re: What live concert do you look forward to this year?

Postby TPDave » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:01 pm

I'm seeing Blink 182 in June and I'm considering going to Reel Big Fish (with support by the Skints) next month.

Dave

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:26 pm

TPDave wrote:I'm seeing Blink 182 in June and I'm considering going to Reel Big Fish (with support by the Skints) next month.

Dave

RBF puts on an amazing live show. They are crazy entertaining, and there setlist was AMAZING! It was like 2 hours long and they played a lot of their bigger hits from the recent A Best of Us for the Rest of Us! They also have the best banter and audience interaction of any band I have seen. I honestly felt like I was not only at a ska show, but I was also at a comedy show, awesome stuff, and the crowd loves the fish!

Postby TPDave » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:48 pm

I saw them a couple of years ago and they were awesome, but I thought that the support were even better! They were The Suburban Legends of Southern California and they were insane. Really cool crowd interaction and an epic cover of under the sea!

Dave

Postby the ghost » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:46 am

TPDave wrote:I saw them a couple of years ago and they were awesome, but I thought that the support were even better! They were The Suburban Legends of Southern California and they were insane. Really cool crowd interaction and an epic cover of under the sea!

Dave

I (as you may notice from my user info) am a Socalian and have seen the Legends 3 or 4 times. They frequent tomorrowland terrace at Disneyland, so Ive seen them there as well as at a RBF show and a show they headlined last December.

However, from their setlist I've seen Under the Sea is off their setlist, but I Just Cant Wait to be King is their new disney cover, and they cover bed intruder.

Postby TPDave » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:59 am

^ I saw the had started doing just can't wait to be king but I didn't realise they'd kick the other one. Shame, it would be cool to have a Disney Ska cover set :P

Dave

Postby the ghost » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:13 am

^ I shouldn't say theyve officially cut it, but I have seen them 3 times recently and they havent played it. Also, I follow SL on twitter, and I followed this link to their facebook page, the legends may be playing with RBF that night after all.

http://www.facebook.com/suburbanlegends?v=info

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Snowboard246 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:53 pm

My roommate just went to their concert at the Hard Rock in Orlando, im pretty sure he said they didn't play any Disney song but still played a lot of good stuff. They even did a cover of the bed intruder song!
-Go ahead and try to see through me, do it if you dare. One step forward two steps back I'm there-

The woman with a million questions

Postby Crazy_Behemoth_Lady_Jess » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:01 pm

I am going to Video Games Live in April this year. Incase you don't know what it is, it's an orchestra performance of various video game theme songs. They play classics such as PacMan and Tetris as well as some modern ones such as Halo and Warcraft. This is my first time going to VGL (I hate myself for missing it last year) and I am so excited. Anyone been to VGL in your city before? How was it?

Normally I don't like orchestra concerts, but this one is different.

http://videogameslive.com/index.php?s=home
Best: | 1. Medusa (SFDK) | 2. Coaster (Playland) | 3. Behemoth (CW) | 4. Giant Dipper (SCBB) | 5. Titan (SFOT) Worst: | 1. Grizzly (CGA) | 2. Flight Deck (CW) | 3. Corkscrew (Playland) | 4. Dragon Fire (CW) | 5. Rainbow Chaser (Fun Forest)
- Rides don't hurt people, people do. (although some exceptions)

I've had the same crappy title for SIX years!

Postby Splash_Mountain » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:45 am

So far, there's not a heck of alot announced for my work. I work at the Saddledome in Calgary. Kinda of disappointing. The two biggest things coming are in July and it's Katy Perry & NKOTBSB.

I'm REALLY hoping to go to Taylor Swift's Speak Now tour. It's supposed to be coming to Edmonton in August, but the only place it's listed is her website and Ticketmaster has ZERO on-sale info about it.
Wii Console Number: 6478 0918 0420 4688

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Snowboard246 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:35 am

Crazy_Behemoth_Lady_Jess wrote:I am going to Video Games Live in April this year. Incase you don't know what it is, it's an orchestra performance of various video game theme songs. They play classics such as PacMan and Tetris as well as some modern ones such as Halo and Warcraft. This is my first time going to VGL (I hate myself for missing it last year) and I am so excited. Anyone been to VGL in your city before? How was it?

Normally I don't like orchestra concerts, but this one is different.

http://videogameslive.com/index.php?s=home

wow this sounds really cool, I am looking at tour dates and see one in Orlando March 29th, is it worth it?
-Go ahead and try to see through me, do it if you dare. One step forward two steps back I'm there-

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random