TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Last concert you attended?

BeemerBoy

What was the last concert you went to? Tell us a little about it.......who, when, where, and did it rock?

My wife and I went to see NIN @ the Tabernacle in Atlanta May 21st, 2005 (wow, has it been that long? ). The Tabernacle is a converted old church near downtown Atlanta. Ironic that NIN would be playing there, huh?

Anyway, the place only holds about 2,000 people, so catching any "big" name there is like getting the Golden Ticket!! You can just imagine how insane that show was in such a small place! There's two balcony levels and the open floor, but even the last row in the house could be reached by a good throw from the stage. We sat in the first balcony, second row.....my mosh pit, crowd surfing days are past me, I'm afraid, but nonetheless, we never "sat" at all. This was easily one of the best shows I've ever seen!

Anyway, we caught Morrissey there not too long before that show. I highly recommend catching a show there if at all possible. On top of everything else, the acoustics are great too.

Okay, the floor's open.....

tabernacleSlim.jpg.7f5c386f96cd2893d0df02c42192d53a.jpg

Here's another look at the place. See a show here if you can!

311newsize.jpg.eac769140ff7dc06f32baee65c6e51d4.jpg

Here's a pic of 311 playing the Tabernacle....this is about where we sat.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nov. 1st, 2003, Calvary Church in Orange County for Five Iron Frenzy's last tour before they called it quits, went with my brother. Place wound up being HUGE, and Bleach and Holland got everybody amped up for the main event, FIF did an amazing job too. Didn't get out until sometime after midnight, we were both darn near deaf and hoarse too, got home around 2am.

I believe the last actual 'concert' we attended together, David and I, was the Kids In The Hall: Tour of Duty Tour. Man, a few years' back, I'd say.

We have the DVD of it, so wee get to re-laugh thru it all, lol. Still...

Not exactly music, heh heh. But still. I mean, c'mon! Bobby and Chicken Lady and.....

I can squeeze your head with one pinch of my fingers here! Yes I can do it, no doubt about it - squeeze you right now...

I work p/t at a local rock venue, so I end up seeing all kinds of stuff. Last three shows: the Yeah Yeah Yeahs (tonight, actually), Rob Zombie, and James Blunt. Go figure.

Last coupla non-job-related shows: '80s Brit New Waver Wreckless Eric and Gypsy punks Gogol Bordello, both of which were great.

Mylast real show was Saliva in the spring of 2005. Before that was G. Love and Special Sauce, Cypress Hill, and Simon and Garfunkel. The Simon and Garfunkel show was the best I've ever been to, and well worth the $109 (!!!!!) I paid for it. Believe it or not, those are the only four shows I have been to since high school!

-Julie

Picture010.jpg.079c2fae99f8043a2ccd7e6fb7cb308e.jpg

Simon andGarfunkel...you can't see them, but the pic turned out well!

^^Sweet!

The last concert I saw was a couple months back. It was a jazz concert, and I dont remember who it was. It had a famous drumer. (Dave Wekle I think, I dont know how to spell his name) It wasn't that great, becuase I really am not into that type of music. My dad talked me into it.

But I once saw Weird Al at PGA! That was probably the best concert Ive been to, and the only one I really liked a lot.

Since my last post in the thread...

This afternoon I went to a local club, 12 Galaxies, to see kids from the S.F. School of Rock performing a few dozen David Bowie songs. Amazing. Unless you've seen a bunch of 8-to-12-year-olds doing "Suffragette City," "Fame," and "Jean Genie," you don't know what rock 'n roll's really all about.

Last concert I saw was Trivium's last night in Britain end of concert secret gig at Islington Academy. They played under the name Ember and The Inferno's and came out wearing wigs and stuff. Was pretty damn amazing and was only made better by them playing a acustic set in the middle of the show. Can't wait to see them again, hopefully at Download.

And the next gig I'm going to is Hard-Fi playing at Brixton. Saw them last time at a tiny tiny venue, shows how far they have come really in less than half a year. Can't wait to see them, will be very very cool.

For me, it was the Rolling Stones at Petco Park in San Diego last November. It was good; it was also filled with old people. A few seats to the right of me there was two guys that were probebly in their 50's smoking something in a little pipe. They were such idiots because they would bend down and light a match which would light up the whole peice of glass in front of us. Also we were in a puddle of beer that came from above us.