Poll: What is your major?

Kennyweird

What is your major?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. What is your major?

• Agriculture
    • Architecture
    • Ethnic/Cultural/Gender Studies
    • Arts (performance, theater, visual, etc.)
    • Biologic/biomedical sciences
    • Business
    • Communications/ Journalism
    • Computer/ Information sciences
    • Education
    • Engineering
    • English
    • Family and Consumer sciences
    • Health/Safety/Clinical Sciences
    • History
    • Language
    • Law/Criminal Justice
    • Liberal arts and sciences/ humanities
    • Math/Statistics
    • Natural Resources/ Conservation
    • Recreation/Fitness
    • Culinary
    • Philosophy/ Religion
    • Physical Sciences
    • Psychology
    • Social Sciences
    • I didn't attend college.
    • I haven't graduated from high school yet.

What is your college major, or if you're still in college, what do you plan on majoring in? Please pick the category that your major best falls under. If you didn't go to college or haven't graduated from high school yet, please select one of the last two options. Thanks!

If you feel your major isn't represented, please post it and I'll try to add it in. I literally copied from a list I found on the web, so it's probably incomplete.

As for me, I just started at Penn State and plan to major in either mechanical or aerospace engineering.

Edited by Kennyweird

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a BA in History and a JD (law degree). I always feel today like I should have done a double major and gone for a degree in Political Science as well, but I decided against the extra year of school.

For what it's worth when I finished High School I wanted to major in film... So I can say I was a film major for about two months, before it occurred to me that it just really wasn't for me.

For what it's worth when I finished High School I wanted to major in film... So I can say I was a film major for about two months, before it occurred to me that it just really wasn't for me.

My mom keeps telling me that's what college is for, is to iron out what you want to do. Both my dad and brother changed their majors is college, so who knows with me...

Surprisingly enough (for those that know me) my first major in college was Theology.

It quickly changed to Business (with a Minor in Music) and then I got married, had a kid and quit.

I have since taken courses and received "certifications" in my field that are as good or even better as a degree (when you factor in 15 years of experience, etc). Now that my kids are getting older (14 and 12) and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I've actually been giving some thought as to what I want to do when I "grow up". I'm only 35 and I know I don't want to do what I've been doing for the rest of my life (although the $$ will be hard to walk away from). I'm actually thinking of going back and being a teacher or something. Not the most lucrative profession or the most desirable (right now) but I'm hoping that once I finish and my Son is 18 it will be.

I currently posses a BS in Mining Engineering from Virginia Tech.

I work as a night production manager at the quarry just down the road from Cedar Point!

I used my degree to skip the worker phase because I want to manage people in a mining setting. Engineering is too much desk time and not enough dirty time (giggety?)

^If you don't mind me asking, which non-profit? Working for non-profits rocks!

This thread is really interesting...I hope more people do the poll so we can get a more accurate depiction of the TPR crowd!

As for me, I have a BA in Advertising with specialty in Public Relations from Michigan State -- go GREEN! Currently applying for the MBA program at the University of Central Florida and looking to start next summer.