TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which camera do you currently use?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to have a Kodak V1073 for my pictures and video last year, and it surprisingly has really good video quality...

But that recently died [fell in water] and I will soon be getting a Kodak Z950 which will be an improvement an has super zoom.

For my videos I use the Sanyo Xacti VPC-WH1 waterproof camcorder because I film waterslides with it. I also rarely use a Sony DVD-DCR 205. For pictures I use a canon powershot S3 IS camera. I am saving money to get the Sony HDV-FX7 high definition professional camcorder.

Please don't take this as a rub-in-your-face kind of thing because you don't have flash. If this does offend you, sorry!

All I have now is a Canon A720 IS. It's a point and shoot and I can shoot videos, too. The video quality isn't bad for this type of camera, though at some point I'd like to get an actual camcorder.

Eric

Big camera is a Nikon d70s.

Then I have Panasonic with a Leica lens that is 6mp and 4x zoom. I have had this camera for about a year and a half.

Recently I bought another camera for a 100 dollars. Panasonic DMC-FS7 that is 10mp and a 4x zoom. This is my new back up camera or one I take when I don't want to carry the DSLR around. It takes amazingly good pictures for only being 100 dollars.

I also have a JVC Everio 30 gig hard drive based video camera that I got real cheap. Barely used it last year, but will use it a little this year.

I still want a better DSLR, but the one I want is 3k just for the body and and basic lens (d300s).

My "main" camera is the Canon 50D. I don't shoot too much video, but the HD video quality on it is very good, and is enough for me. It also keeps me from having to carry a camera and a video camera. Nikon also has an equivalent, but it's a bigger war than Windows or Mac over which is better(although both are very similar). Plus, with the lenses I already have for the camera, my zoom capabilities now are much better. I do have a Canon HV30 video camera that is collecting dust as well.

My backup/rough usage camera is currently a panasonic DMC-TS1. However, I would rather have the Olympus Stylus Tough-8010 now that it has HD recording capabilities. The Olympus is waterproof up to 33 feet(the most out of any), so I can use it when doing small scuba dives, and Olympus is the only "tough" style camera that has a lens cover. Both canon and panasonic's tough cameras have absolutely no lens cover so you have to be very careful.

I just use an HP Photosmart 315 Digital Camera for taking pictures in the parks. It may be old and may not have the best zooming features, but it is small and sturdy enough to stay in my pocket every single time I go on a coaster. From Kingda Ka to X2, it never even budges!

For photos I use a Canon SD1000. Its now a few years old but I love the pictures it takes and its size. Though I may upgrade to whatever is Canon's current model of the same size sometime this year.

I also have a Canon Digital Rebel XTi. Got it for a good price from a friend last fall. I'd really like to learn how to use it properly but I need to get a good lens (I only have the kit lens and the standard 50mm lens). Another problem is that I also take most of my pictures at parks and ride a lot, so carrying a SLR around would be bothersome.

And for videos I use a Canon HV30. I love this camera. Almost a year and a half now and I still look at footage in disbelief of the quality. It's HDV, which I actually really like. I get a physical copy and MiniDV tapes are still cheaper than quality SD cards. I'm going to be using this camera for a LONG time.

I currently use a Olympus FE-370 and a Canon Powershot S3IS. The Canon is a larger camera with 6 megapixels, but it makes up for the lack of mega pixels by having more features and customization. Now, six megapixels means I can take some nice looking pictures, but it wasn't exactly a camera that was easy to carry it around, especially at parks, so I got the Olympus. It's a small camera, essentially a point and shoot, but it has 8 megapixels and still has a decent zoom. The Olympus has become the camera I usually use, but I still take the Canon if I want to bring a camera and I'm not concerned about storing it.

• 3 weeks later...
My "main" camera is the Canon 50D. I don't shoot too much video, but the HD video quality on it is very good, and is enough for me. It also keeps me from having to carry a camera and a video camera.

I think you mean the 500D (or Rebel T1i)... The 50D has NO video capability. At this time, only the T1i, T2i, 7D, and 5D II have the ability in the SLR range. Just wanted to correct you in case people were interested in the cameras.

For myself, I use the Canon 7D along with the Canon 70-200mm f/4 L IS, Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS, Tokina 12-24mm f/4 and Canon 50mm f/1.8 lenses.

I also have teleconverters, various filters, tripod/monopod, flash units, etc...

Love the camera, it is perfect for park shooting. I usually take tons of photos but plan to do more HD video shooting this summer. Once they release (if they do) a firmware update enabling some audio control, I will buying some auxiliary mic's for my shooting as well. Until then, its not worth it.

^Yep, my bad. I meant the 7d, not the 50d or 500d. Hope no one bought the wrong one ! I too am waiting for some audio options. Only other I wish it had was an image stabilizer for the video.

• 7 months later...

I'm currently using sony hx5v. A great camera. Although its essentially a compact camera, the shots taken are comparable to that of a dslr. I personally like the anti motion blur function, as it can minimize blur in photos when one is taking shots in low light. Plus the 10x optical zoom is a big plus point as well

• 2 months later...

I'm currently rocking an Olympus PEN E-PL1. I've got the stock 14-42mm lens on it and a Minolta 50mm. I plan on getting an 85mm prime lens for it here soon. I use it for pictures and videos. I usually carry a few 8gb cards with me so I know I have enough storage and a few batteries. I love it's size and power. I'm looking for a nice new camera bag for it though, something not as bulky.

• 4 months later...

I use a Pentax K-x digital SLR for 99% of my photos.

For video I have a Kodak HD Camcorder, I can't recall the model number right now.

Other cameras I own include a Panasonic point'n'shoot, a Kodak Easyshare, and a 35mm Pentax K-1000.