Worst Waterslide?

What was the worst water slide you have ever ridden. Hints for choosing:

*Scratched your back

*Scared you to death

*almost injured you

*Too much airtime

*Too fast

*etc...

What is mine you ask?! My worst water slide experience was my first time on the Dragon's Tail body slide at Six Flags White Water in Atlanta, Georgia. It was my first time on a slide with three bumps on it! I thought I went too fast and caught too much air!

Edited by Midgetman82

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Water World has several body slides called White Lightning that I'd say are my least favorite of any slide I have ridden. They are double down body slides that are meant to go fast, but whenever I ride them there's not enough water pushed down and several times I have come to a complete stop half way down and have to push my way to the next drop. Seems to happen to thinner people like myself as when at the top of the nearby Jetstream slides I often see other people get stuck in the same place and have to push themselves like me. That also leads to terrible capacity since only one person could go down at a time and they often get stuck so the lines to it went VERY slowly. I just skip it whenever I go now.

I've had my share of times of getting my back shredded by slides, but nothing out of the ordinary that made me hate a slide.

One of those freefall slides at Raging Waters San Dimas. Going down the slide, my first instinct was to sit up and not lay down like you're supposed to, so at the bottom the force of the water caused my head to fling back and hit the slide...

I'm going to say this one slide called Cape Fear at this small waterpark called Sun Splash.

It's one of those pitch black slides, its fun, but of course there's the rule about having to stay in your innertube. However, most of the time there's always some really good pop of air that would eject me out of the tube or whip me around that I can't stay in the tube. I hate getting yelled at over the laws of gravity, because some of those laws were meant to be broken.

Problem, Newton?

Two friends and I were almost killed on Zoombabwe at Holiday World (OK, not literally, but figuratively). When we hit the splash pool at the end, the front end of the raft dipped straight down into the water and launched all three of us forward. I knocked heads extremely hard with one of them, and the third hit his temple on my knee and was almost knocked out cold. While it was a great slide, the ending wasn't.

I've got a few:

-Bazooka Bowls at Wild Rivers because the bowl section is very uncomfortable on your back. Oddly, I haven't experienced this sensation on any other bowl slide I've been on (and I have been on a couple other body bowls).

-Serengetti Surf Hill, also at Wild Rivers. This is one of those head-first mat racer slides, but the mats aren't very good and often stick to the slide, causing you to go down without one. In additon, the ride has a very bad transition at the bottom of the last drop.

-One more from Wild Rivers, the Bombay Blasters. Inside the tube, there is a bump that causes you to get sudden mandatory air. Unfortunately, this is right into a curve and I have hit the side wall directly several times. Not very fun.

-Drop Out at Raging Waters because it scratches your back and gives you a wedgie.

-Tidal Wave Tower at Knott's Soak City Palm Springs for the same reasons as Drop Out (both are identical rides).

However, the absolute worst waterslide I have been on was the Cliffhanger at Waterworld California. Not only did that ride scratch my back more than any other ride I've been on, but the whole tower felt unsafe. The platform swayed with the wind and shook every time somebody went on any of the six slides (two on top, four on a lower deck where the shaking wasn't as obvious). I seriously thought that thing would topple over if enough people were on one side at the top. I was crazy enough to ride twice, and that is one of the few waterslides I will never ride again.

Not only did that ride scratch my back more than any other ride I've been on, but the whole tower felt unsafe. The platform swayed with the wind and shook every time somebody went on any of the six slides .

Actually, I thought the towers were designed to sway a little bit from side to side? Am I mistaken?

Remember 'Wet Willy's Waterslide' in Fenton, MO (Missouri)?

Wet Willy's closed down, not because of the competition from Six Flags new water park but because of the splashdown pool. Supposedly someone came down the speed slide too fast and the splashdown pool wasn't big enough to slow them down and they slammed into the stairs head first and passing away as a result of the injuries.

It's now graffitied all over!

Wet Willy's closed down, not because of the competition from Six Flags new water park but because of the splashdown pool. Supposedly someone came down the speed slide too fast and the splashdown pool wasn't big enough to slow them down and they slammed into the stairs head first and passing away as a result of the injuries.

Never been to the slide but here is a great update on the slide's current condition http://www.negative-g.com/WetWillys/Wet-Willys-1.htm

I don't really have have a 'worst waterslide' but have had unpleasant experiences. The Cliff Hanger slide at Waterworld Concord gave a nasty wedgie, and I think I had like a slide burn or something on the elbow. So the aftermath wasn't so fun. Also, at the same water park, a 230lb friend and I rode the double slides (enclosed) and when we hit the catch pool at the end, the nose of the tube dipped under water sending me flying, and my friend also flying and landing on top of me as I was submerged. I smacked him a few times under water to get him off and told him what just happened. We were pretty much laughing about it the whole time.

• 3 years later...

Never been to the slide but here is a great update on the slide's current condition http://www.negative-g.com/WetWillys/Wet-Willys-1.htm

Those remains of Wet Willies have now been demolished

Definitely Venom drop at SFHH/SFMM. I usually chuckle/yelp when I'm having fun. When I'm a little startled, I scream a little with the occasional "woah!" due to the intensity. On Venom Drop though, I'm more than confident that as I began to hydroplane across the splash down, I screamed bloody murder due to the constant rivets scraping against my back. I wish I would've took a picture due to the fact that my back was as red as a tomato.