Coffee

Anything about coffee!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: Coffee

Postby samisthabomb » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:03 pm

I drink a stainless steel mug of coffee every morning. I usually stick to Folger's, but that's only because that's what everyone else drinks. I really like any of the Starbucks blends the most.
"The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bulls#%t story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it" - Jordan Belfort

Peace ~ Love ~ Roller Coasters

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:29 pm

Time to bump this thread because I just got the wordl's best coffee maker! This is kinda old "technology" meaning these have been out for a few years but they are still amazing! It makes a huge variety of flavors and it oxidizes the water which is supposed to make the taste more pure. I am not sure if that's true or not, but so far the three cups have been amazing!

My current "flavor rank"
1. Doughnut Shop Coffee... SOOO GOOD
2. French Vanilla
3. Decaf
I got a "variety pack" which comes with several different flavors with the coffee maker. I plan on trying Tully's and Emeril's Intense(dark and strong) tomorrow. I usually like lighter coffee... but sometimes I like a cup of strong coffee black... not my usual cup of tea(see what I did there? :P ) but every now and then I like a cup. So far this thing is awesome!
game changer.jpg
Game Changer in my coffee making!
:derek: TPR's resident ent!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby odene497 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:22 pm

I bought a Keurig about a year ago, which I still use. The K-cups price has gotten outrageous though, but luckily where I work I can stack some discounts and stock up when I can get 18 ct. boxes for about 6 bucks. If I don't use it for a few days though, I always replace the water/let it run through once, otherwise I feel like it tastes plastic-y.

I loveeeee espresso based drinks. I bought a nice stainless steel Italian espresso pot (like $20 bucks on amazon, a worthwhile investment), and got a hand crank ceramic burr grinder, so now I can freshly grind my Costa Rican or Kona beans to an espresso grind, and make awesome lattes and cappuccinos.

As far as chains, I tend to go to Tim Horton's a lot because it's more of a sit-in place, although I've found I much prefer Dunkin Donut's coffee.

I like mochas quite a bit, but not big fancy chocolate syrup/whipped cream ones. I got this amazing one from a cart in London, that was super smooth and had a perfect and not too strong bitter-sweet chocolate taste.

All this talk has me ready for some espresso! Mmmm.

Noo! They be stealin' my bucket!

Postby onewheeled999 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:42 pm

I've gotten a lot more into coffee over the last few months.

For about a year, I've been a mocha drinker. Less for the coffee taste, and more for the hot chocolate-like flavor, to be honest. But recently, I decided to make my own coffee at home as opposed to getting it at It's A Grind or Starbucks, and have slowly gotten out of that habit.

Right now I'm trying to adjust to coffee with just milk. I currently drink it with french vanilla Coffee Mate, which I don't care if it's unmanly, it's damn good.
Xbox Live + Steam + Twitter + Skype + AIM: Onewheeled999

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:32 am

Never drank coffee until my daughter started working at Starbucks about 5 years ago. We now have an espresso maker and a Keurig. I understand that Starbucks has a coffee maker that uses the k-cups that brews both espresso and coffee.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby HighRoller » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:11 am

I must count myself in amongst the coffee addicts... If I fail to have my daily coffee (by 9AM), I become Not A Nice Person. Seriously, my family starts trying to get me to drink coffee by 8 if I haven't started already.

With that said, I brew Caribou Coffee for myself. My favorite roast and blend is called Obsidian.

Caribou Coffee - always rich and smooth, because "Burnt and Bitter" was already taken. :p

Noo! They be stealin' my bucket!

Postby onewheeled999 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:40 am

...yeah, I give up. I'm not a coffee drinker.

I still enjoy a mocha every once in a while, but I'm gonna stick with tea. Now THAT can be tasty.
Xbox Live + Steam + Twitter + Skype + AIM: Onewheeled999

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:54 pm

I am trying to get into bit of ongoing
inter-community activity - with at least
an afternoon trip to one of our local
coffee houses, lol.

Called Turks - they make a nice capaccino (sp?)
and a coffee card for a freebie every 10!

:b
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:23 am

^The only problem with afternoons and coffee for me is the caffeine is usually enough to keep me up at night. I don't exactly trust decaf either. Dues the shop have enough non-coffee drinks to satisfy?

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:04 pm

^ I'm pretty sure Turks does have a good
selection of non-caffiene beverages.

Will check on next visit, lol. :wink:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random