Coffee

Anything about coffee!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Full Fledged Pirate Enthusiast!

Re: Coffee

Postby phazan » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:47 am

^ French presses are cool. You can make the coffee so strong with them. It always gives them a thick, smoothness kinda. I don't know how else to explain it haha. But I love grinding up some good coffee and using the press, I just don't do it every morning. Only on occasions when I have good coffee/time

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby where'smyhotdog » Wed May 12, 2010 9:14 am

I have gotten to where I do not like coffee. If I do make it/get it, I get french press. Otherwise I go to starbucks so that I can have the coffee taste hidden by the sugar and milk.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Wed May 12, 2010 11:17 am

I'm definitely not a connoisseur.
I drink black homemade coffee every morning, with no sugar.
When I go to Starbucks I get a java chip Frappuccino. I don't like "specialty" beverages from other places because it seems they're always either too sweet (McDonald's) or watered down (Costco).
Sometimes I'll get black coffee or espresso from Starbucks or another place, but not enough to develop a preference. I don't think coffee tastes that great to begin with, so I think pretty much everything's fine, except for certain brands of instant coffee.
I can't stand milk, creamer, or sugar. Nasty! Well, nasty and/or unsatisfying.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:39 am

All right, super bump time but I've started to drink coffee a lot more now. I used to have it occasionally, but it had to be sweet, cause as a kid I tried black coffee once and it essentially scarred me for a while, because I though coffee to be very bitter. However, over the last few months I have weaned down the amount of sugar and creamer until where I am now, which is just coffee and a little bit of milk. I also don't like crazy hot drinks, so I enjoy warm coffee or iced coffee, but I never drink it too hot unless I'm somewhere cold. Lets discuss my new found love, your love, everything about coffee.

The Half the college experience is what I'm doing right now, a cup of coffee and a study session Ghost

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:01 pm

8am, 10am, 1pm, 3pm. I have a coffee at those times give or take 30 minutes, every working day. ;)

I've never been a fan of Starbucks coffee. I find that it comes so scalding hot that it's got to sit for 20 minutes before you touch it.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby ajc47 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:30 am

I live down the street from a Dunkin Donuts. I get their coffee every morning.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby Ryne23s » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:41 am

I lived in Hong Kong for three years and really enjoyed 'Ready to Drink' coffee in a can...made by Nescafe and available in vending machines everywhere for about HK$5 ($0.75 US). Unfortunatley, after a brief test period in the U.S., it is no longer sold here. So now when I really get a craving for it, I have to import it at about $1.50 US per can. But, the next time you are in Hong Kong (or Japan, where I prefer Kirin Fire over the Nescafe brand) swipe you Octopus card on a vending machine in an MTR station and give it a try.

I'll have red wine with my slice of donkey.

Postby DevilSaint » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:44 pm

ajc47 wrote:I live down the street from a Dunkin Donuts. I get their coffee every morning.

I love their coffee. Stores around here have just started carrying their grinds, it's great not to have to drive 15 minutes out of my way for their superior coffee.

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:49 pm

Never been to dunkin donuts. I dont even know where 1 is! lol.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby MeMeMe » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:06 am

Ehhh, I don't drink coffee much, but when my mother got a Nespresso coffee machine as a "gift" (she selected it herself) for mother's day, I started drinking a cup a week (usually on Mondays). Apparently I'm the best at making her (and my father's) foamed milk.

I have only tried the Ice Capps at Tim Horton's, but among us Canadians it's the best coffee on the planet, and you Americans are missing out. (By the way, Dunkin's SUCKS here)

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random