Running!

P. 15 - Photo TR: Space Coast Marathon
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Running!

Postby Double0Kevin » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:57 pm

DL Half went on sale today. Pretty bummed I missed the Dumbo Double Dare. Sold out almost instantly. All signed up for the half though and mulling over doing the 5K.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:08 pm

I just hope Amy and I are registered for it! We waited in line over 2 hours at the WDW Marathon Expo to sign up for it and they ended up giving us paper registration forms. I got an email saying I was registered, but there was no confirmation number. I called active.com and they said there was no registration for me. My CC was charged, so I've sent two emails to RunDisney but haven't heard back. Amy hasn't had her CC charged, and never received any email either. I'm really nervous we got screwed.

Postby Double0Kevin » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:41 pm

^ I'm having similar issues with my Half-Marathon registration. I received a confirmation saying I was registered but when I click the link to view my registration, it says I'm not authorized to view it. Card was charged and got a separate email confirmation on that with a transaction confirmation.

When I log into Active.com, it says I have no events scheduled.

Postby jray21 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:00 pm

I called active, and they said I was registered for the expo, but not for any races?! There isn't any registration for the expo. Looks like something is majorly wrong. I just hope they fix it and I don't get screwed.

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:36 pm

Ugh, that sucks Joey.

Active is one of the worst websites ever, there needs to be another option for races already!!!

I LOVE the Norwegian Dream!!

Postby taytig » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:17 pm

I registered this morning for my first run in CA. I was very lucky to get in as it sold out so fast. Any runners have any tips on where to fly in (is LAX the only option). Where should I stay? Do the resorts have shuttles like in FLA? So many questions!!

Want a custom name art? Check out my Custom Name Thread
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=788147

Postby jray21 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:22 pm

Where, when, and what race is it? There are a few main airports that most people use. LAX, Ontario ONT, John Wayne in Santa Ana SNA, Bob Hope in Burbank BUR, and Long Beach LGB. LAX usually is the cheapest, but it can easily take an hour to land and get to the rental cars.
Last edited by jray21 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:22 pm.

Postby Double0Kevin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:00 pm

When I fly down there, I definitely prefer Long Beach. It's a small airport and very easy to get in and out quick. It's also only about a 20 min drive from Disneyland and avoids most of the really bad traffic in and out of LA. John Wayne isn't terrible either and that one is even easier to get to and from DLR as the traffic is typically north of Anaheim and Santa Ana is south of it.

If you can afford to stay at the Disney hotels, do it. They are so easy when it comes to getting to where you need to go (especially on race day). If you are like me, I go for the cheapest I can find. Since I work for Hilton, it's usually at one of their properties. The Anaheim Hilton is very close. The Anaheim Marriott and Fairfield Inn by Marriott are both decent hotels too and within walking distance. If you stay at a Good Neighbor hotel they will have a free shuttle to the starting lines of the races too, though the shuttles aren't free at other times (something like a dollar a day).

I got a hold of Active today and they confirmed my registration went through. So I'm pretty relieved about that. Anyone know when the Wine and Dine at WDW typically goes on sale? I want to run that one this year for my first Coast to Coast.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Koasterking48 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:54 pm

So today we had our Indiana Distance Runner's Showcase at the practice facility for last year's Super Bowl. No big deal ;)
image.jpg

Postby Double0Kevin » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:13 pm

Turning out to be a very busy running year for me. So far I'm signed up (or planning to sign up in the case of the Wine and Dine) for the following races:

Coaster Run 10k @ Knott's - March 10
Zoo Zoom 10k @ Sacramento Zoo - April 14
Parkway Half-Marathon @ American River in Sacramento - May 4
Color Me Rad Napa Valley 5k @ Sonoma County Fairgrounds - May 18
Disneyland Half-Marathon @ DLR - September 1
Wine and Dine Half-Marathon @ WDW Nov 9

Possible I'll add a few more later on. What's everyone else looking like this year? Anyone done one of these Color Runs? It's my first one, but they seem like fun.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random